Cairns TourismCairns HotelsCairns Bed and BreakfastCairns Vacation PackagesFlights to CairnsCairns RestaurantsThings to Do in CairnsCairns ShoppingCairns Travel ForumCairns PhotosCairns MapCairns Travel GuideHotels
All Cairns HotelsCairns Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in CairnsBy Hotel TypeThings to Do
Cairns MotelsCairns HostelsCairns CampgroundsCairns ResortsCairns Beach HotelsCairns Luxury HotelsCairns CasinosRomantic Hotels in CairnsCairns Spa ResortsCairns Business HotelsCairns Green HotelsCairns Family HotelsBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Rydges Hotels in CairnsHilton Hotels in CairnsAccor Hotels in CairnsMantra Hotels in CairnsTop Parks Hotels in CairnsWyndham Hotels in CairnsCrystalbrook Collection Hotels in CairnsPopular AmenitiesPopular Cairns Categories
Honeymoon Hotels in CairnsCairns Clean HotelsHotels with Free Wifi in CairnsCheap Accommodations in CairnsCairns Hotels with KitchenetteCairns Hotels with RestaurantsFamily Resorts in CairnsBackpacker Hostels in CairnsCairns Hotels with Hot TubsCairns Downtown HotelsNear Landmarks
Hotels near Esplanade BoardwalkHotels near Cairns Botanic GardensHotels near Green IslandHotels near Muddy's PlaygroundHotels near Cairns AquariumHotels near Gallo DairyLandHotels near Atherton TablelandsHotels near The Reef Hotel CasinoHotels near Michaelmas CayHotels near The Australian Armour & Artillery MuseumNear Airports
All things to do in CairnsAdmission TicketsRestaurantsFlightsShoppingVacation PackagesCruisesRental Cars
Cairns Esplanade Lagoon: Tickets & ToursCairns Aquarium: Tickets & ToursJosephine Falls: Tickets & ToursAtherton Tablelands: Tickets & ToursGreen Island: Tickets & ToursMichaelmas Cay: Tickets & ToursCairns Museum: Tickets & ToursBehana Gorge Waterfall: Tickets & ToursGallo DairyLand: Tickets & ToursSt Monica's Cathedral: Tickets & ToursFreshwater Station: Tickets & ToursGreat Barrier Reef: Tickets & ToursMt. Uncle Distillery: Tickets & ToursGillies Range: Tickets & ToursGreat Barrier Reef Drive: Tickets & Tours
Cairns Tourism and Vacations: Best of Cairns
A laid-back city and gateway to Queensland's tropical north
Cairns is the perfect place for passionate divers, adrenaline junkies, and after dark revelers, offering heart-pounding adventure and a booming nightlife scene in a vibrant, tropical setting. The friendly Queensland metropolis is a gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, Daintree National Park, and plenty of amazing islands in Queensland's tropical north. Embark on an eco-adventure or take a dip in a lagoon pool before hitting the town to unwind along the Esplanade Boardwalk.
Start planning for Cairns
Create a Trip to save and organize all of your travel ideas, and see them on a map
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Cairns.
A mix of the charming, iconic, and modern.
Quintessential Cairns restaurants, bars, and beyond.
From the Forums
The Ultimate Friends Trip to Cairns
I lived in Cairns for 7 months in college and I will never forget the experiences I had there. When you're in Australia you have to be open to adventure, trying new foods (there is plenty!) and experieince their great night life. This may be obvious, but, whatever you do, don't miss the GBR.
Emily Brillanti, New York City, NY
- The Woolshed35This was the bar we frequented the most. It gets pretty packed late at night on the weekends, but if you're looking for a lively atmosphere in the evening, into the night, this is a great spot!
- Cairns Boutique Walking Tours3Booze and a fun walking tour, need I say more?
- Rusty's Market398Rusty's is a great place to spend a few hours. There's tons of exotic fruit to try, and the overall people-watching experience is always enjoyable!
- Skypark Cairns by AJ Hackett863I did Bungee twice while I was in Cairns. It is too scary the first time, so you have to go a second time when you can really enjoy the experience. The staff was highly trained and comforting during the entire process! ENJOY!
- Crystal Cascades350If you are able to find some mopeds to rent, it's a great scenic drive up to the cascades. You will likely need a swim once you get there, and the cascades are a great way to cool down!
- Trinity BeachA nice place to go hang out for the day!
- Esplanade Boardwalk5,959You can't miss the Esplanade. Take the 2A bus right into town and it drops you off nearby. It's a nice place to watch the boats, and the tides come in. If you are up for some exercise, there are always people running.
Dig Into Cairns