Bath TourismBath HotelsBath Bed and BreakfastBath Vacation PackagesFlights to BathBath RestaurantsThings to Do in BathBath ShoppingBath Travel ForumBath PhotosBath MapBath Travel GuideHotels
All Bath HotelsBath Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in BathBy Hotel TypeThings to Do
Bath HostelsBath CampgroundsBath Spa ResortsBath Green HotelsBath Luxury HotelsBath Family HotelsBath Business HotelsRomantic Hotels in BathBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel BrandPopular AmenitiesPopular Bath Categories
Bath Apartment HotelsBath Hotels With Indoor PoolsHotels with Complimentary Breakfast in BathBath Hotels with Smoking RoomsBath Hot Tub Suite HotelsBath Pet Friendly CampgroundsBath Cheap Pet Friendly HotelsSpa Hotels in BathBoutique Hotels in BathBath Hotels with BalconiesNear Landmarks
Hotels near The Roman BathsHotels near Bath AbbeyHotels near Royal CrescentHotels near Pulteney BridgeHotels near No. 1 Royal CrescentHotels near The Jane Austen CentreHotels near The CircusHotels near Fashion Museum BathHotels near Mad Max ToursHotels near Royal Victoria ParkNear Train Stations
Hotels near Melksham StationHotels near Chippenham StationHotels near Bruton StationHotels near Freshford StationHotels near Bradford-On-Avon StationHotels near Avoncliff StationHotels near Dilton Marsh StationHotels near Westbury StationHotels near Keynsham StationHotels near Lawrence Hill StationNear Airports
Hotels near Bristol Airport (BRS)Hotels near Cardiff-Wales Airport (CWL)Hotels near Bournebouth Intl Airport (BOH)Motels near Cardiff-Wales Airport (CWL)Motels near Bournebouth Intl Airport (BOH)Motels near Bristol Airport (BRS)Near Colleges
All things to do in BathAdmission TicketsRestaurantsFlightsShoppingVacation PackagesCruisesRental CarsMore
The Roman Baths: Tickets & ToursBath Abbey: Tickets & ToursNo. 1 Royal Crescent: Tickets & ToursPulteney Bridge: Tickets & ToursRoyal Crescent: Tickets & ToursThe Circus: Tickets & ToursRoyal Victoria Park: Tickets & ToursHolburne Museum: Tickets & ToursBath Street: Tickets & ToursThe Jane Austen Centre: Tickets & ToursHerschel Museum of Astronomy: Tickets & ToursTheatre Royal Bath: Tickets & ToursAssembly Rooms: Tickets & ToursVictoria Art Gallery: Tickets & ToursSally Lunn's Museum: Tickets & Tours
Bath Tourism and Vacations: Best of Bath
Known for its restorative wonders, Bath was once the home of Jane Austen. Sure, you could attempt to conjure up this elegant city by reading Pride and Prejudice in your tub, but as Bath has a lot more history than your bathroom (we assume, anyway) you'd be missing out. A stroll through Bath is like visiting an open-air museum, with roughly 5,000 buildings in the city drawing notice for their architectural merit. After your stroll, soak in the natural hot waters of the Thermae Bath Spa, once a favorite of the Celts and Romans.
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences.See all
A mix of the charming, modern, and tried and true.See all
Can't-miss spots to dine, drink, and feast.See all
Trending in the forums
A Trip to Jane Austen's Bath
Bath is on the bucket-list of every Austen superfan, and thanks to many Georgian-era sites and attractions here, it's easy to pretend you've left modern-day U.K. for the pages of "Pride and Prejudice."
Maria Hart, New York City, NY
- The Jane Austen Centre2,598This center gets mixed reviews for being somewhat pokey and overpriced. But it's still worth coming here to talk to the guides or attend any lecture or event.
- Theatre Royal Bath925Theater was the Netflix of Austen's day, so if you're keen on time-traveling to the 18th century, definitely pay a visit to this local theater to see the current productions and take in an evening of Austen-era entertainment.
- Thermae Bath Spa8,971Visitors to Bath in Austen's time would have certainly "taken the waters" (hence Bath's name). While this spa is quite modern, it still allows you to participate in that ancient tradition.
- Sally Lunn's Historic Eating House & Museum4,719Another tea salon visit? Of course! This one offers a twofer: a historic visit to the oldest house in Bath and a chance to take cream tea with buns—known as the best in the area.
- Prior Park Landscape Gardens819What's an Austen novel without a dreamy pastoral walk? These landscaped gardens give you another opportunity to pretend you're back in the 18th century, complete with a picturesque bridge.
- No. 1 Royal Crescent2,880Another thing we love about Austen movies—those gorgeous settings! The rooms at No. 1 Royal Crescent seem like the perfect period-movie backdrop for Mr. Darcey to be presented.
- Fashion Museum Bath1,668Admit it, our favorite thing about Jane Austen movies is the fashion! And this museum will let you see every button and ribbon on those dresses. Lots of ball-worthy gowns to admire!
- The Pump Room3,057No doubt your turn around the grounds will have worked up an appetite. Come here to indulge in a traditional afternoon tea.
- Highlights of Bath City Walk125Start your trip off, as any Austen heroine would, by "taking a turn about the grounds." The "Jane Austen in Bath" tour is a great way to get the lay of the land and understand the author's relationship with the town.
- No.15 by GuestHouse, Bath1,389Every Austen fan needs a place to hang their bonnet. This Georgian townhouse turned boutique hotel gives an appropriately historic atmosphere with lots of modern comforts.