Punta Cana TourismPunta Cana HotelsPunta Cana Bed and BreakfastFlights to Punta CanaPunta Cana RestaurantsThings to Do in Punta CanaPunta Cana Travel ForumPunta Cana PhotosPunta Cana MapHotels
All Punta Cana HotelsPunta Cana Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in Punta CanaBy Hotel TypeThings to DoRestaurantsFlightsTravel StoriesCruisesRental CarsMore
Punta Cana HostelsPunta Cana CampgroundsPunta Cana Luxury HotelsPunta Cana Green HotelsPunta Cana Beach HotelsPunta Cana Spa ResortsPunta Cana CasinosRomantic Hotels in Punta CanaPunta Cana Family HotelsPunta Cana Business HotelsPunta Cana ResortsBy Hotel ClassBy Hotel Brand
Grand Palladium Hotels & Resorts in Punta CanaAutograph Collection Hotels in Punta CanaLuxury Bahia Principe Hotels in Punta CanaGrand Bahia Principe Hotels in Punta CanaCatalonia Hotels in Punta CanaHyatt Hotels in Punta CanaParadisus Hotels in Punta CanaPalladium Hotels in Punta CanaBarcelo Hotels & Resorts in Punta CanaMarriott Hotels in Punta CanaMelia Hotels in Punta CanaRIU Hotels & Resorts in Punta CanaExcellence Resorts in Punta CanaWhala Hotels in Punta CanaMajestic Hotels Group in Punta CanaPopular AmenitiesPopular Punta Cana Categories
Punta Cana Golf HotelsHealth Resorts in Punta CanaParty Hotels in Punta CanaQuiet Resorts in Punta CanaFishing Resorts in Punta CanaHotels with Shuttle in Punta CanaCondo Resorts in Punta CanaPunta Cana Golf ResortsPunta Cana Singles ResortsPunta Cana Modern HotelsMore Punta Cana Categories
Punta Cana Hotels with Rooftop BarPunta Cana Hotels with a ViewPunta Cana Hotels with Walk-in ShowerPunta Cana Exotic ResortsPunta Cana Non-Smoking HotelsPunta Cana Hotels with EV ChargingPunta Cana Hotels with Outdoor PoolPunta Cana Hiking HotelsPunta Cana Windsurfing ResortsPunta Cana Hotels with Valet ParkingPunta Cana Hotels with Steam RoomPunta Cana Yoga ResortsPunta Cana Snorkeling ResortsPunta Cana Exotic HotelsPunta Cana Horseback Riding ResortsNear AirportsPopular Hotel Categories
Punta Cana Tourism and Vacations: Best of Punta Cana
About Punta Cana
Trust the postcards—Punta Cana really is as amazing as it looks. For top-tier R&R, go all-inclusive: You’ll spend your days lounging by the pool, dining at five-star restaurants, and getting pampered at the spa. When you’ve had your fill of piña coladas and beachside cabanas, venture beyond the resort to some of the island’s best natural gems. Go ziplining, explore underground caves, and take a dip in the cenotes at Scape Park in Capa Cana. You can also cool off in the freshwater lagoons at Indigenous Eyes Ecological Park or hop over to Saona Island for an untouched (and less crowded) piece of paradise. If you can squeeze in a game of golf, head to Punta Espada for a quick 18 with sweeping views of the ocean. There’s so much more to do, and we’ve got all the best recs below.
Essential Punta Cana
What to do
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Punta Cana.See all
Where to stay
Top spots to rest up—charming to classic to modernSee all
Where to eat
The tried-and-trues, plus local faves and hidden gemsSee all
An outdoor adventure guide to Punta Cana
Sitting still is not an option for me, so I’m always on the lookout for adrenaline-filled experiences when I travel, and Punta Cana seriously delivers. There are so many activities to try—from sailing to surfing, caving to horseback riding—that you’ll never do the same thing twice (unless you want to).
- Punta Cana Off-Road Dune Buggy Adventure and Amazing Water Cave1,756I brought the kids along for this adventure and it was a blast. Exploring on a dune buggy let us see the countryside in a fun and interactive way (versus from the inside of a tour bus). Plus, we were able to sample coffee (me) and chocolate (the kids) at a farm stop and meet plenty of locals. Another highlight: After muddy off-roading, we got to clean off with a swim in a river cave.
- Scape Park Full Day Punta Cana, Caribbean709When I’m exploring somewhere new, it’s nice to have multiple activities in one place for one-stop-adventure-shopping. Scape Park is ideal for a day out since it has a zipline, caves to check out, and cool cenotes for swimming—meaning I can explore both on land and in the water all in one location. Bliss.
- Bavaro Adventure Park1,992I’ve done so many ropes courses on my trips over the years I can’t keep track anymore. But Bavaro Adventure Park really stands out for its challenging climbing workout that rewards determination with amazing tropical scenery. (Note: You’re probably going to skip this one if you don’t like heights.)
- Macao Surf Camp803Surfing is not something I’m especially good at, but I like to give it a go when I’m in Punta Cana. At Macao Surf Camp, the warm water, light currents, and attentive instructors all made it seem perfectly okay when I fell off the board (which happened a lot). If you manage to stand up (even for a few seconds), you’ll be rewarded with action shots taken by staff photographers.
- Horseback Riding on a Punta Cana Beach545Sure, horseback riding in general is a super fun vacay activity, and riding on the sand is always memorable. But lean in and I’ll tell you a secret: A ride along the stunning Punta Cana coastline, on horseback, at sunset, with your partner, is the epitome of a romantic vacation. Trust me on this one.
- Small-Group Cruising and Snorkeling Catamaran Tour1,683I love being in the water, so anytime I can do a snorkel cruise, I’m in. This catamaran tour to Cabeza de Toro Natural Reserve is a favorite. After getting your fill of the technicolor marine life and coral below, you get unlimited drinks and net hammocks for relaxing back on the boat.
Explore Punta Cana by interest
Adventures above and below sea
Snorkeling to whale watching—the ocean awaits
Lace up your hiking boots
The best way to see the island? On foot
Don’t forget your clubs
Hit the links at golf courses with a view
Restaurants and experiences worth the splurge
Drinks with a view
Beachside bars, rooftop clubs, and more
No sun, no problem
Indoor activities that are a blast rain or shine
On a budget
Casual bites, cheap drinks, and free fun
Beaches for days
Spend the day at these resorts and hidden gems
Live like a local
Markets and cultural tours around the island
Beyond the resort
Doable day trips and tours near Punta Cana