“Nice place for a dinner”

Ristorante Pinocchio
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Julich
Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

Casual and cozy Italian resturant, we tried salmon, shrimps and salad. It was perfect. Staff are very friendly and the place is clean, I would definitely go there again.

Reviewed 10 July 2015

4 of us had a meal here. 2 went Italian ordering Pizza and 2 went German ordering Schnitzel.
Pizzas were just about okay. Schnitzels were not breaded despite a specific question having been asked about the makeup of their Schnitzel. One plate of Schnitzel was delivered with incorrect potato type. When this was pointed out the senior waiter just swiped them off the plate onto another plate and left remainder of order to go cold on table while 'chef' cooked fried potatoes which had been ordered.
Fried potatoes were only about 60% cooked when delivered so plate was returned with complaint about temperature and rawness of potato. Plate returned with apology and new portion of potatoes. They were still partially raw.
We gave up and ate what we could. One of our other diners had included chips (or French fries) in their order - they tasted of fish, indicating dirty or rancid oil had been used. No concession was made when it came to payment.
Overall this was a shockingly bad performance from 'chef' and floor staff.
Our advice is avoid this place unless you're badly stuck and even then stick to the Italian menu.

2  Thank James R
Reviewed 17 March 2015

I've been here a couple of times now.
The food is of a good standard and the service is very good.
The atmosphere is friendly and mellow but the negetive is that the seats and tables are to close together but overall a good experience. The price is fair but I wouldn't pay more.

Reviewed 15 October 2014

It is a family oriented restaurant paying attention to every detail. They offer you very good tips and they are very friendly with kids joking and having fun with them! Great pizza and pasta!

Reviewed 4 September 2014

Had dinner there on a Wednesday night. Being alone, I appreciated the very quick service. The staff was very kind in noticing my lack of German language ability and apologized that their only english language menu was in use, but offered to translate for me. I ordered and received my pizza within minutes. It was really fast. The pizza was authentic, with a thin crust baked in a wood fired oven. And the prices were really good. I like that they accept credit cards, which is not always the case in Germany. It wasn't the best pizza I've ever tasted, but it was good, and in-line with the price. Good value.