Priceline
Trip.com
StayForLong
ZenHotels.com
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 7, 2016 via mobile

Hands down to the view. Very amazing and wonderful place. The WiFi was horrible but it's a really great place for some self reflection. Rooms weren't that great but the view outside the room makes it alright and the rooms which looks like cottages/bungalows is a great idea. The food was good yet expensive compared to the restos on Santa Fe but if you're on diet and have a great amount of money, then the place is good for you. I was disappointed when I saw the beach bc it was dirty and it's not really like a beach for me or maybe not the beach I had in mind. I was especting a white sand beach with a shore where my friends and I could chill and the clean clear waters that looked like those pretty waters we saw on the pier but the sea looked so great on sunrise though, it was low tide and the sea looked like the spring waters or like the tap water, it was so clear like that clear and it was reflecting the clouds and there's no marks of that sea having that precious beautiful blue waters, we even went strolling on the feet leveled waters and saw some little sea creatures. It was amazing. My friends and I haven't stayed there for long for we traveled constantly and we have time schedule to be where at.

But to some all of it up, we had fun on Bantayan Island and our stay at Maia's Beach Resort was unforgettable and garden was really beautiful even on until the pool area, the view on the resort was priceless. We had such a great time.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank Mary B
Reviewed April 5, 2016

They offer very nice but sober bungalows in a beautiful garden. There is no beach of any meaning and the sea in front of the resort is a laguna. When low tide there is no water. Best to swim near the rocks, where there is little sand and no slimy slippery sea bottom.

The food in the restaurant is expensive compared to other locations and Filipino food. And the portions are small and without any decoration served.

Over all everything is minimalistic at Maias, except the garden, the garden is abundant and gorgeous. Wifi is terrible. Very slow and some moments hardly existing,

If I ever go back to Bantayan Island I will book a resort near Santa Fé where there are white sandy beaches and clean water where you can actually swim.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank LeavingHolland
Reviewed March 8, 2016 via mobile

Pros:
very nice grounds and gardens full of birds,flowers and walkways
Helpful staff
Good food, try the eggplant omelette, trust me. It's better than it sounds.
Cons:
15 minute drive out of town by scooter, they can rent you one.
No real beach, not swim able
Loud music from next door, late at night and even in the morning, even on weekdays
The way the huts are set up, the thin window right next to your bed is a few meters from the balcony behind you. I was woken up early both days we stayed there from my neighbour's morning loud stretching/coughing/spitting routine.
We left as soon as we found a quiet place in Santa Fe
To be fair these noise issues are a problem all over the Phillipines and are not unique to this place.
I hope this helps

Date of stay: March 2016
2  Thank Billedith
Reviewed February 14, 2016 via mobile

We just stayed 5 days at maias getaway and loved every second of it. This place is so enjoyable. Wonderfull garden, nice privat cottages and the staff what makes your stay as pleasent as possible. The food in the Restaurant is very good! Try the grilled pork belly, one of the best i ever tried. Thank you klaus and maia your resort made it under the best 10 places we stayed in more than 2 years travelling.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank MelEricTravel
Reviewed January 24, 2016

We were so happy with this place so we stayed another week. Owners and employes were very friendly and helpful. Best is to rent motorbikes, so you can explore the island. Good place for couples, very peaceful.

This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveler and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Felomina B, Owner at Maia's Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2016

Hallo Martin u. Martina thank you very much for such a nice review! Hope you will come see us again! Thank you so much for staying with us. God bless!