Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews fish amazon experience an amazing experience rubber boots jungle survival rice honeymoon house anthony frogs sloths excursions lodge guide dolphins accommodations highlights mud
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 March 2020

I stayed for 8 days, it was really good, exactly what I was expecting. We had a small group which makes the experience even better. The people here are amazing, friendly and helpful. If you want to disconnect from the world for a bit this place is the best place to do so.

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 24 October 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and it was an amazing experience. The trip advisor page mentions that this is not a luxury experience but it actually felt quiet luxurious to me! We were lucky to be upgraded to the honeymoon house. The honeymoon house was big, clean and private!

The excursions were great and the guide was very knowledgeable. We saw pink and grey dolphins, monkeys, snakes, poisoned frogs, sloths and many many birds. We also went piranha fishing, which was fun.

The lodge site has a beautiful garden and is visited by parrots, iguanas, monkeys, ... .

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2019

My two young daughters and I recently stayed here for the 5 day/4 night package and had an incredible time. Our guides Alain and Herman were helpful and knowledgeable. The activities were fun and informative and none of us wanted to leave. We wanted mostly to fish... and fish we did. We caught 14 species during our visit which was a blast. I thought the food was excellent although I'm sure my kids would say more. If you don't like bananas or rice, this is not the cuisine for you. Our highlights were the jungle survival class and the piranha fishing.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2019

I started to write a very lengthy review and instead am opting to write about all the good things about our Otorongo experience:
-Anthony and Ivonne (the owners) are amazing.
-Our guides Eddie and Roger were experts on the jungle and worked very hard to give us a fantastic experience.
-The accommodations are rustic but clean and comfortable. You’re not coming here for a luxury suite-but the cabins have everything you need including a large container of drinkable water right in your room.
-The food is plentiful and fresh and there’s enough variety that even the picky eaters in my family didn’t go away hungry. I do recommend bringing some snacks-there are 3 meals a day but we got hungry in between and relied on the food we had brought with us for an extra boost.
-The grounds are well maintained but be prepared for mud. You will be very thankful for the rubber boots they provide!
I had no idea how much I would enjoy my jungle stay, but it has been the part of our Peru trip that I have most often told people about. We saw so many animals-it was better than I I ever expected. Otorongo’s staff takes great care of you-you won’t regret staying here.

Room tip: We stayed in the family cabin and it was very comfortable for 2 adults and 2 adult children.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2019

Yvonne was very helpful in the planning process and made sure we even had transport to the airport the next day after dropping us at our Airbnb. Our guide Alain and his assistant Crema we’re very knowledgeable. They are expert spotters and you can tell they truly enjoy it. We loved getting to know the staff and felt very comfortable. This is as it says, not a luxury experience. That being said our room was spacious and always clean. Well worth it!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple