“The Best Brunswick Stew”

JR's Log House Restaurant
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

This is a plain, unpretentious neighborhood restaurant. My husband claims The Brunswick Stew is the best he has ever eaten. The veggies are always good, especially the sweet potatoes. The all you can eat ribs melt off the bone, the chicken is smoky and moist. Service is quick and theprices very reasonable.

Reviewed 29 March 2016 via mobile

Enjoyed nice southern breakfast. Food was good as was service. Not very crowded on mid week morning around 9. Prices reasonable.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

I was in Norcross and decided to stop in to an old haunt. I had the pork plate with Brunswick stew. The pork was bland and the stew kept me up with heartburn.

A sad return to a place I used to really like.

Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

This place is consistently good. We both had St Louis ribs and they were delicious. We often eat here and get the chopped chicken to go with a large side of their delicious okra however okra is only available during the week. They have excellent Brunswick stew. I also like the fact that they have vegetables which change daily including sweet potatoes baked and served with brown sugar and butter on the side. I highly recommend this restaurant

Reviewed 1 February 2016

I was there the opening day in 1983 and have been a fan ever since! We ate there 2-3 times a week as it was close to home and work. My very very favorite is Edna's Gourmet BBQ sandwich. Oh my gosh - just love it! It's a great place to chill and enjoy your meal. Wonderfully, the aroma of the BBQ just tempts you from the road. Even though I moved in 1993, I always make a special stop when I'm in Atlanta!