“Good Food Bad Chairs”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Food is usually decent, serving sizes are incredibly big. The indoor dining chairs, however, are so unbelievably uncomfortable that despite enjoying my actual meal, I think I would pass on returning to this restaurant.

1  Thank Jerry G

Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

Very rarely do i have something negative to say, but if you're reading this then you want an honest review of my visit. I'm on business in Perth and one thing i have noticed is the amount of good quality restaurant's and food outlets, it's hard to find a poor place to eat. My supplier and his family took me out last night to Catalano's, where my first impression was good, however, i ordered steak and pepper sauce with veg and a salad on the side. Sadly both the steak and sauce were cold and my salad was on the same plate part covered in pepper sauce and part covered in hot veg. My friend's had to ask for his sauce twice and five minutes later it appeared. On a plus the steak was served rare as asked for, and apart from being cold, it was a nice piece of meat. Sorry guys, you could do better with very little effort. By the way it wasn't packed! Not sure I'll go again.

1  Thank Biglad2016
Reviewed March 10, 2018

Visited with friends for a relaxing and tasty dinner experience. A variety of meals were ordered covering seafood, spaghetti, steak and veal. All meals came out in a timely manner and as ordered. Good size portions and a yummy appearance added to the eating experience. Staff were polite and knowledgeable, cleaned away dishes in a timely manner and generally added to the evening without being intrusive. A licensed venue and basic decor, spacious, air conditioned and with some street seating if you prefer.

1  Thank SusanandGeoff
Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

Been here quite a few times. From the moment we walked in it just seemed different. We weren’t greeted when we came through the door. The waitress waited in front of the counter and waited for us to come to her.
Ordered our drinks and we asked if the coke was from a can or post mix. They said can. It came out in a glass and very flat. It was from a pre opened can.
They hounded us to order. So we ordered some garlic bread which came out and was sort of slammed down on the table. We ordered our mains which came out very quickly and were tasty except the gnocchi which was a bit stodgy. My husbands meal came out a good 10 minutes after everyone else’s. We were there for his birthday with our daughters and a friend. Overall food was ok but service was extremely disappointing. Rushed in and out in an hour. They were even clearing our table whilst people were still eating.

Reviewed March 6, 2018

Have been here many times when we feel like pasta as catalano's has always delivered.
HOWEVER went here before a concert, i ordered a pasta which tasted like penne pasta mixed with tinned tomatoes and some salami. Was edible but so plain i had to ask for chilli and extra cheese to add.
My partner ordered her usual calamari salad and was about half the size and the calamari not too pleasant.
I never give bad reviews because i like to give the benefit of the doubt but this was disappointing. We were in a bit of a rush so did not see the point in sending back.
Not sure if i will return.