“Awesome food”

Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Pelham
Price range: US$8 - US$17
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Even if you are traveling to Niagara, you should stop for a delicious meal at The Broken Gavel.
The food is delicious and the servers very careful to explain every detail of their menu.
It’s really a gem in middle of nowhere as I have read before from other reviews.
Best food I had so far in Canada.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Food was very good, husband had the bailiff burger with side of Caesar salad, tasted the roasted red pepper & hot pepper but didn't taste any chase curd in the burger, but was very tasty, I had the Maritimer mac & cheese it was very tasty & rich my only problem was it came with a few veggies & 2 chucks of very good bread, but it not balanced it should have come with a side of salad to cut the richnes of the mac & cheese not more carbs, yes I could have ordered a $7 salad, but the other burgers & entrees came with a choice of salad.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Love this little pub. The food is always amazing. The proportions and price can't be beat. If you order the mac and cheese or meatloaf, expect to take it home and have it for lunch and dinner the next day. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The only downside is now that so many people have discovered The Gavel, it is sometimes a wait for a table but it is worth it. Love the food, the drink, the atmosphere and the people!

Reviewed 8 March 2018

My husband and I love coming here! The features are excellent and the food is tasty and hot. We tried the jalapeño poppers for the first time yesterday, as was suggested by our waiter. They were amazing! The meatball sandwich was so big that I cut the meatballs in half and had a second sandwich for lunch the next day. The bleu cheese burger that my husband had was scrumptious. Service was exceptional- very nice guy, great recommendations. We've tried almost all of their sandwiches and have come in for dinner entrees as well. Always a great time, thank you! I wish they would bring back the brownie sundae feature from last year...it was awesome!

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

This place is such a gem !! And it’s always busy now ! Which makes me happy it’s so successful, but sad that sometimes it’s packed when I get there and I have to wait for a table.
The food is actually some of the best I’ve ever had !!! I have loved everything I have ordered there, and I’ve had almost everything on the menu.

The staff are incredible, so kind, personable and welcoming.

One of the best restaurants in Niagara !! Hands down!