“Poor shopping experience”

House of Bruar at Blair Atholl
More attraction details
Owner description: Shopaholics, take note: this shopping complex provides the highest quality Scottish goods at affordable prices.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Be careful what you buy here.
I bought 2 sweaters which are of very poor quality.
When carefully washed once they became misshapen and I returned them with a letter.
However the shop refuse to admit that the goods are faulty and will not give me a refund.
This has been going on since September 2017.
Very disappointed.
English customer by mail order.

HouseOfBruar, Public Relations Manager at House of Bruar at Blair Atholl, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are sorry to hear you are disappointed with the service you have received.

If you can be in touch with our Mail Order team through mailorder@houseofbruar.com, we would love to discuss this review further.

Kind regards,

in 21 reviews
"art gallery"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place is a turn off to me and beloved of my family. It is fine tuned to extract credit from your card- the Daily Mail is everywhere- as is the whiff of social climbing. Leave this place well alone - it is fake Scotland.. unless you want to appease your family!

HouseOfBruar, General Manager at House of Bruar at Blair Atholl, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Sir,

We are sorry to hear you do not enjoy our store, though delighted to hear we are beloved by your family.

As a retail location, we try to be value for money with our quality of goods and overall shopping experience. We also aim to represent Scotland in a number of our products, which maintain a level of excellence our customers have come to expect.

We would love to hear any further comments you may have. If you wish to provide us with any specific comments on how we can improve, please do so using customerliaison@houseofbruar.com

Kind Regards
The House of Bruar Team

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Have visited many times on my travels north. A relaxing spot with wonderful facilities. Excellent cafe, wide choice and of a very good standard. Shopping areas brilliant, high quality goods with emphasis on Scotland. Perfect for finding the unusual exclusive gift.

Plenty of free parking. Highly recommended as a break from traveling on the A9.

HouseOfBruar, Public Relations Manager at House of Bruar at Blair Atholl, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your fantastic review.

We endeavour to supply the highest quality of products and are delighted that you enjoyed your visit.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards,
The House of Bruar Team.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When I telephoned regarding the sale of fur .. the reply was “ we like to give people choice” What about the choice for the poor animals ???

1  Thank SYLVIA005
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I love visiting this shop but hardly ever buy because ..boy,they know how to charge! I look at.the prices on the goods, gulp and move on! To redeem them somewhat they also have a salesroom where the prices are not so alarming! The cafe is always busy but there are always a few empty tables. One disappointment this year was the scones which are usually good, were very dry...we didn’t bother to complain because they were very busy...except to tell a waiter to pass it on. However despite the scones and the prices it’s a place I go to regularly.....maybe one day I will have £12000 to buy a bronze statue!

HouseOfBruar, Senior Manager at House of Bruar at Blair Atholl, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Madam,

I am very sorry to hear your feedback on our scones, they are made fresh, daily and in house - therefore should never be dry. I will most certainly pass on your feedback to our head chef for his information. We do look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kind regards,