“Gorgeous seafood restaurant”

Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Great Ayton
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

This is the 4th time my family and I have visited Joplins and it never disappoints. The atmosphere is small and intimate and the food is heavenly. The owner talks you through the specials and wines and the staff are super attentive.
We went for an engagement celebration and the staff went above and beyond to make sure we had a lovely evening. The mussels are incredible as is the seafood pancake to start, the monkfish in malibu saice is a firm favourite as is the cod and the fillet steak. Thank you for a wonderful evening!

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

A lovey family run restaurant with great food and great service.

The restaurant specialises in fish, which is fresh on the day, but also offers meats such as steak, pork and duck.

My wife and I visited with my parents and had a great evening, all the food was excellent (we all had 3 courses each!) and the wine list is great too.

A great place, you will need to book to avoid disappointment!!

Reviewed 21 December 2017

A lovely meal with attentive staff. Great ambience. Highly recommend! Always go here for our wedding anniversary as there are no big noisy Xmas parties!

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

I went with colleagues and wasn't dissapointed. The food was excellent and value for money. Recommended !

Reviewed 31 October 2017

Although I grew up in Great Ayton, I am now an infrequent visitor. When my wife, son and I went to Joplins as part of my mother’s ninetieth birthday celebrations, I did not know what to expect. After all, Great Ayton and fine dining are not exactly synonymous.

We were amazed. Joplins does not have an extensive menu but there is clearly a reason behind this. What they do, they do perfectly. I have lived in four countries, including France, and I have rarely come across a restaurant that was faultless, but I could not fault Joplins. Every dish was prepared with imagination and great attention to detail.

The wine list was well thought-out and our choice complemented our meal perfectly.

In an age where pretention rules, Joplins was refreshingly unpretentious. There were no challenging, outlandish combinations – just good, fresh ingredients perfectly prepared. Easily worth a Michelin star, in my opinion.

The service was great – neither intrusive, nor condescending. Just friendly, helpful and there when you needed it. As it should be.

I would highly recommend this restaurant.