“Went for afternoon tea”

Redfields Garden Centre
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Reviewed 2 October 2017

The room is lovely with plenty of seating and space, top notch cakes served and i loved the mis-match china. So nice to have a proper tea pot that poured well

Date of visit: September 2017
Write a reviewReviews (278)

Reviewed 30 September 2017

This is a second visit to the newly refurbished garden centre. The restaurant is very large, there are a number of staff walking around offering help who take your order but then it all goes wrong when you try to order drinks which take ages, then pay for your order. The food can arrive cold when it eventually gets to you and the whole place just seems chaotic. The young staff need better training and somebody needs to look at how the restaurant is organised. It all looks good but.......

2  Thank Judy504164
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

There is a lot of choice and what if you have to join a queue? Shows how good the cafe is! I brought a friend who had cancer and suffering from the metallic taste of food due to chemo. She loved the salad options and thoroughly enjoyed a sausage roll made with pork and Stilton. We then treated ourselves to some small cakes which we shared. The staff were pleasant, busy and the area was clean and well organised. Good options for shopping for all sorts of things so I like this garden centre and makes a good day out.

2  Thank Mandy_Main
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

My sister took us here for lunch. Complicated ordering system, need to find a man with a tablet and not clear how many areas there are to order. Choice is very good. Salad bar offered at least four lovely salads and fish, chicken , quiches, sausage rolls and wraps to go with it. "Him" had quiche lorrraine accompanied by a noodle salad and a Greek salad. Good size portion and he said it was very tasty. My sister and I had omelette and chips and salad. Again a nice size portion. Good mixed side salad. About half a dozen chunky well cooked chips. But the omelette ( we both choose ham and mushroom) was so over cooked that it was dry and rubbery. Would not have again. Surrounding were gracious and spacious. They also do the most wonderful looking pastries, which we didn't try. I would like to try their taster selection of cakes, where you can have 2,4,6 or 8 small pieces with tea or coffee. Would go again..but not have omelette!

1  Thank smithandhim
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

What a lovely morning. I took my neighbour for his 83 birthday for a breakfast last week, it was well worth the 30 minute trip. The food was lovely, well presented and tasty. My friend had the full English. breakfast whiles I couldn't resist the cheese scones.....wow...the best I've ever had. I love all the freshly bakes scones ..4 different ones to choose from...and can't remember if I every had such a vast selection of beautiful cakes. Love the deli dishes and the fresh salads. The restaurant is specious and beautiful ...not a garden centre feeling at all. Love Redfields