Review Highlights
Such a fun and fabulous experience!

Food glorious food! I had such a wonderful time learning how to make gnocchi and the best tomato... read more

Reviewed 15 October 2020
Mountain-1616
Wonderful Sunday Arvo

What better way to spend an afternoon than making gnocchi and a sumptuous tomato and eggplant sauce... read more

Reviewed 14 September 2020
TASYDEVILS
Hobart, Australia

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 September 2019

I'm not an overly adventurous cook or highly skilled but last night I served up to my family the gnocci and sauce which I learnt how to make at The Farmhouse Kitchen to rave reviews. I must add that I accomplished the feat quite easily. I credit this to the wonderful hands on cooking class and skills of Guiliana. The afternoon class was informative, interesting and interactive. Highly recommended, I attended with a girlfriend as a birthday day out and it was a perfect day. The drive down was pleasant with easy to follow instructions. The food was amazing and after one of the participants being a teenager think it would be great for a mother/daughter day out. The finishing cheesecake was to die for-best that I've ever eaten. Thank you, I will be back

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 21 July 2019

This was a wonderful day of cooking! Enjoyed Giuliana,s stories of her Italian heritage and her culinary expertise...best moment was when she put about fifteen pounds of flour, a little semolina for color and very little yeast in the biggest bowl I’d ever seen...after rising, she cut a log size portion and added 2-3 CUPS of black olives which she incorporated into a glorious lumpy loaf of olive bread...delicious and fun! Everything was interesting...the other participants were great...we had a wonderful day and saw a part of Tasmsnia we would have missed...go! You’ll be glad you did!

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed 9 December 2018

We spent an entire day with Giuliana and her daughter Genevieve in their beautiful property in the south of Tasmania.
We chose the "Pane, Pizza, Focaccia" master class and didn't regret it (but I'm sure all the classes are excellent). Between 9am and 4pm, we prepared the meal, enjoyed some breaks with a cup of tea/coffee (real italian coffee !), listened to Giuliana sharing stories from her Italian Heritage and of course, the best moment was the lunch where we enjoyed all the yummy dishes we prepared.
Perfect day, perfect experience ! We left with the recipes to make it when we'll back home.
We did some cooking classes in France but this one is surely our best experience and will stay one of our best memories in Tasmania.

Date of experience: December 2018
2  Thank c69aubert
Reviewed 8 July 2018

I really enjoyed, and would whole-heartily recommend the Gnocchi , or any of Guiliana's classes, at the Farmhouse Kitchen. The lesson was practical, informative, informal and fun. The setting is beautiful and Guiliana and Genevieve were welcoming and engaging.

I have attended cooking classes all over the world and this one rates along with the absolute best of them. And I have already cooked gnocchi successfully, and to rave reviews, at home. Not only did I learn to make a dish that has alluded me before, I also got to enjoy a delicious meal and great conversation at the end of the class.

Farmhouse Kitchen cooking classes make for a great day out - go for it.

Date of experience: June 2018
Giuliana W, Owner at The Farmhouse Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you, Justin, for your kind words and recommendation for our cooking school. It is important to us that visitors feel welcome and part of an Italian family for a day. It is also really nice to hear that you made the gnocchi successfully back at home and that everyone enjoyed your dish. Looking foward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

My friend and I attended a mini class at Giuliana's beautiful Farmhouse Kitchen. Giuliana showed us how to make a delicious and versatile tomato sauce. On this occasion, we paired it with gnocchi which were delicious too. At about 2.5 hours, the mini class runs for just the right amount of time. We had time to cook the sauce, make the gnocchi and sit down to eat it! The location is stunning and Giuliana makes cooking look easy (although she does have her lovely daughter assisting!). Thank you very much!

Date of experience: October 2017