“I only have high praises to the resort, staff and island experience!”

La Estancia Busuanga
Sydney, Australia
“I only have high praises to the resort, staff and island experience!”
Reviewed January 13, 2017

I was very lucky to have stumbled onto La Estancia Busuanga. It was a great find - a secret gem of a place.
The positives:
I was in constant communication with Boots (owner) via email. All my questions were answered as promptly as she could. You can also communicate via SMS if you need answers urgently.
We did the Coron Island hopping tour on the very day of arrival at 8am. The van transfer and boat hire went very well. We asked our driver for a change room coz we weren't in our swim gear, he took us to another hotel. I hired two towels there (we are a family of 4). Mang Cornelio looked after our luggage while we toured around Siete Pecados, Kayangan Lake and Twin Lagoon. BYO snorkel and reef shoes. The boat captain cooked a mean BBQ lunch for us. Truly a treat! The tour itself is stunning.
The van ride to the resort was two hours. When we arrived, I was very impressed with the design and make of the resort. Our room (top floor with balcony) was modern and we could JUST get 3G on our balcony. The recreation room was soo rich in detail - from games, to books, to the sculptures. Sunrises are unforgettable at La Estancia. I was concerned about the food as we don't have any other option to dine outside the resort. But there was no need to worry, the filipino dishes were delicious. If you are a foreigner, I would suggest you try all the food that are served. Talk to the staff.

With La Estancia - you are in a secluded family run resort. It is very quiet. No TV. No bars. No karaoke. It is perfect if you want to simply - UNPLUG.

The gorgeous islands are unforgettable. You must visit Black Island, Pass Island and Pamalican at the very least. Boat hire prices are reasonable, cheap when shared with other resort guests. The included lunch in any of the island tours is an experience in itself.

The negatives: There is none but for one. The beach front is not for swimming as it has the occasional jelly fish. Not the fault of the property at all, as they are conservationists. There is the pool if you want a dip. Otherwise, you will be out in the islands all day anyway! So I managed to forgive this negative.

In La Estancia, take the time to talk to the staff and tell them what you need. They are very happy to help. There are many more great things about this property. I haven't written about the complimentary hilltop BBQ yet! I shall return indeed...

Room Tip: Lower floors will have better water pressure. Get a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed January 2017, traveled with family
Corazon G, Owner at La Estancia Busuanga, responded to this review, January 15, 2017
Thank you. We are happy you and your family enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 31, 2016 via mobile

I had read some of the prior reviews and I was a tad concerned but evidently management has solved those issues. This is truly a beautiful place with really hospitable owners, manager (Lester), supervisor (Aurelia) and staff. Maintaining a place like this is not easy and they do an excellent food. Total attention to detail. Excellent value. Great and abundant food and they foster a climate of community with staff and other guests. My only advice to travelers is that their transportation costs are overly expensive. For example, a ride from the airport or Coron town to Salvacion Jetty by car costs 1500-2000 pesos maximum and one can get a tricycle for 1000-1500 pesos. Their island hopping trips are too expensive: a 45 minute ride to black island costs 3,500 pesos which is too high and better to share. Otherwise, perfect.

Stayed December 2016, traveled with family
Corazon G, Owner at La Estancia Busuanga, responded to this review, January 1, 2017
Hi,
Thank you for your kind review .

Let me just comment on the transport costs.

For the Boat Hire rate to Black Island, yes it is only 45 minutes trip however, the rate of 3500 is for the use of the whole boat for the day and not just to ferry passengers one way. This rate is also the rate set by the Busuanga Tour Boat Association which is sanctioned by the municipal government.

For the van hire from Airport/Coron to Salvacion, the resort is not adding on to the price set by the van operators and the rate is cheaper than the published rate. We encourage guests to check the rates at the airport and get their own transfers if they can get better rates. Thank you though for the tip, we will check which van operator is offering this rate and will contract with them if they are licensed to ferry passengers and the quality of the vehicle is to standard.

Again thank you for visiting us and Happy New Year

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 18, 2016

Seriously 10 out of 10! Nothing much I can say except that this island holiday was extraordinary in everything - location, accommodation, service, food, island hopping - a paradise. Truly an amazing experience, and I would certainly recommend it.

Room Tip: Excellent views from every room
  • Stayed November 2016, traveled with family
Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again. Happy New Year.
Galveston Island, Texas
Reviewed October 27, 2016

We were greeted with a fresh coconut along with smiling faces from all the staff. a Beautiful oceanside lunch made us feel like we were royalty. The entire staff was completely equipped with feel good smiles and experience to ensure we had an amazing time. From the time we arrived to when we checked out, the experience was entirely beautiful and peaceful. HIGHLY RECOMMEND :) I will be going back.

• Stayed October 2016, traveled with friends
1 Thank yvonnedugal
Thank you for visiting us. Happy New year.
Europe
Reviewed September 11, 2016

Booked four nights here in order to switch off from work and enjoy some peace and quiet, achieved in abundance!
Probably not the best time of the year to book, being rainy/windy season, so was unable to undertake some of the excursions on offer but was able to indulge in pure relaxation instead, especially as we were the only guests!
We did manage to do some kayaking and were able to visit two islands including Black Island on our last day (even though the sea conditions weren't the best but I did insist on at least trying), something not to be missed although I am sure getting there in calmer seas would be preferred by most guests.
I realise that because of the location, internet and TV are very difficult to achieve but I hope that this will be rectified in the future.
All in all, a great getaway and I would love to return again one day.

Room Tip: Rooms at the top obviously have a better view but involves walking up flights of well maintained ste...
  • Stayed August 2016, traveled as a couple
Corazon G, Manager at La Estancia Busuanga, responded to this review, September 13, 2016
Hi Zed-Beeblebrox
Thank you for taking your time to make a kind review.

We enjoyed having you and hope to have you again in the future. Hopefully, by then the TELCO service is better so that we can provide WIFI in the whole resort. For now telco signal is still very spotty. For TV, yes that is in the works as we now recently got cable connection too.

Best regards
Sangat Island Dive Resort
#1 of 1 in Sangat Island
52.7 km away
Two Seasons Coron Island Resort & Spa
Two Seasons Coron Island Resort ...
#1 of 1 in Bulalacao Island
25.7 km away
Club Paradise Palawan
Club Paradise Palawan
#1 of 1 in Dimakya Island

Been to La Estancia Busuanga? Share your experiences!