“Food not edible”

Add it.
Chicken Coop
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Greenbank
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Chicken Coop used to be our family's favourite stop on the way to the cottage country. It then got sold and things went downhill fast. Gone are the delicious fresh, gourmet breads, mouthwatering cookies, apple strudels and sausage buns. Instead you get stale, tasteless, baked goods that had been sitting on the shelf, wrapped in plastic for who knows how long. Food tastes like cardboard or like glucose syrup. We picked up a package of chocolate tarts that seemed "safe" only to throw them out as they turned out to be so hard they were inedible.

Reviewed May 20, 2017

We decided to try this restaurant for dinner after receiving a flyer in local paper.We are locals and used to frequent this establishment when it was a family run bakery. We met some friends there and ate with them. The first "omen" was they had no alcohol even though their flyer said they were fully licensed, odd as they have been open over a year. We all ordered our meal (and they also do huge take-out business). Each meal came with Rice but they neglect to tell you this. Everyone got their meal but me. After everyone was halfway through theirs we finally had to go ask what the delay was. The server finally comes over and says sorry - "we ran out of Avocado" (I had ordered the Thai Avocado Chicken). I was stunned. How do you NOT know that ahead of time and advise the customer of perhaps another option. I felt bad for our friends as they were almost finished. So I cancelled my dinner and ate Rice (which there was plenty of because we all ordered extra!). SLOW service, not attentive and my guess is they will not be around in the future.

1  Thank Carole Anne E
Reviewed May 15, 2017 via mobile

Hubby and I stopped here for lunch. We were expecting much in the way of decor and that's exactly what we got. Basically diner decor with some fresh baked goods and freezers of frozen goods. Food was good, service was very quick. We both had Thai dishes. Servings sizes were good. Prices were good. Will return.

Reviewed May 13, 2017

What this may lack in fancy ambience it more than makes up for in enthusiasm. The owners are lovely, friendly, and boy can they cook. The menu is a fantastic mash up of Thai, Guyanese, Jamaican and random dishes, each of which is lovely. The crispy ginger beef is superb, as are the samosas, general thai chicken and curry.

Service is fast and friendly and they do a great takeout and frozen prepared business. Plus they deliver from Woodville to Zephyr and Uxbridge and Port Perry. Did I mention it's affordable and the portions are huge? Worth a visit.

Reviewed April 5, 2017

New owners and marketed now as Caribbean/Thai restaurant, but pretty much anything you could want, roti, chicken fingers, poutine, chow mein, pad thai, and it's all awesome! And they are still offering a good portion of the fresh baked breads and goodies that the previous owners offered, with some new baked items - the garlic cheese pull aparts and marble bread are sooo good! Fast and always super friendly (and great with kids too!)

Been to Chicken Coop? Share your experiences!