Hotels.com
Travelocity
Priceline
CheapTickets
2,407 results
All reviews village square sunset bar adult pool swim up room booking system main pool a la carte restaurants stone grill buffet restaurant carob lounge el sabor jasmine restaurant book days private pool costa coffee main buffet mini bar
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We are currently here at the hotel, in our second week, and we’re living our best life.

We’ve been to 9 Sensatori hotels, including Aphrodite Hills (6 years ago), and this was, and still is, in our top 3.

The hotel is incredibly beautiful, and the staff are amazing (haven’t seen one member of staff being miserable … must be because we aren’t miserable with them). They work extremely hard, and yes some of the services have been difficult to sustain, such as drinks by the pool, but getting your own drinks from the bar isn’t too much of a hardship, especially given what we’ve all just been through in the last 18 months.

The food is excellent here, the main buffet has a good variety, and is really well presented. The Al a Carte restaurants are excellent, but just make sure you set an alarm on your phone for 10am, so you can get on the ap, and book ahead for what you want (we haven’t struggled at all, except for that one day when we missed the alarm)

The Village square is lovely, with a great supermarket, and the Pharmacy is brilliant (rapid Covid tests for 10 Euro’s). There’s also a variety of restaurants where you’ll get a 15% discount …. Nice for a change

Mask wearing hasn’t been as bad as I was expecting …. You need to wear one as you enter the main bar and restaurants, and in addition you’ll need to wear gloves (provided) to choose food from the buffet, but other than that it’s fairly relaxed. It’s enough for you to feel safe, but it absolutely won’t spoil your holiday (and it was something that concerned me before we came out).

So if you’ve booked to come here, or are thinking about booking … take the negative reviews with a big pinch of salt, as it’s a beautiful hotel, and I know we’ll be coming back again in the future

Thank you Aphrodite Hills for giving us a well needed, well deserved (even if I do say so myself), wonderful holiday …. and we’ve still got 5 days left !!!!

Room tip: Swim up rooms are amazing
Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank 884garethj
Aphrodite Hills, General Manager at TUI Sensatori Resort Atlantica Aphrodite Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Reviewer

Welcome back to Aphrodite Hills and thank you for your 5 star review and comments.
I can only agree with you that the hotel and its grounds are beautiful - we ensure to keep our gardens well manicured and colorful all year round and our gardeners are constantly tending to the grounds.

Thank you for your high praise for the staff - I am incredibly proud of them and yes they all work extremely hard.

I am pleased you found the food to be excellent with good variety and well presented.

We ensure that all Covid precautions are adhered to and ensuring that all staff and guests are protected. However, we do not want to compromise either the service or the comfort.

I hope you enjoy the remainder of your holiday and we look forward to welcoming you back to Aphrodite Hills for your next visit!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We are here now and feel a review is necessary due to the poor standard of this hotel .

A very loyal Sensatori customer - this isn’t the standard we expected .

Can’t get a sun lounger - nothing else to say
Can’t get a restaurant reservation - nothing else to say
Can’t get kids into the kids club - what a JOKE. They have now put on an additional session but still can’t get on. Great - come to a hotel for kids clubs and can’t get them into it !

No shuttle to the beach as advertised
No steak restaurant as advertised
Room only gets cleaned every other day but had to call them at 3pm on day of clean as they had missed us off . Very quick job.

glasses and plates left everywhere round the hotel !

Staff are the most miserable people I have ever met apart form the odd few. They make it up as they go along regarding service . One minute your supposed to help yourself to drinks at breakfast and the next your not . Never been offered a tea or coffee in the 5 days we’ve been here .
Cereal is stale and milk was warm
Eggs are STONE cold (even through they are under a hot plate )
Kids buffet is gross . Brussel sprouts and cauliflower every morning and eggs cooked to an inch of their life.

All in all a terrible hotel and NOT a 5 star in any shape.

One positive is the room - lovely room and stunning view . Huge bathroom and comfy bed (kids are stuck on two sofas ) how they get away with that when charging us full price !!!?????

I’ve heard that they are at 50% staff levels but obvs I don’t know that for a fact but would assume this is the case as there just isn’t enough staff to run a Resort this size.
Pool service - not a chance !!

No discount on this holiday so I expect what they say they are going to deliver - not a sub standard crap experience we are currently getting

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Please allow me to disagree with your rating and comments.
August is our fullest time of the year and therefore, some of our facilities are busy - for example, kids club. It may be difficult to sign your children up every day. You can book these sessions up to 2 days in advance.

The same goes for our restaurant reservations - you may book the ala cartes up to 2 days in advance. The main restaurant buffet does not require reservation.

I completely disagree with your comment on staff being miserable. I am very proud of my team and receive many compliments for them (as stated in other reviews also)

It is a shame the breakfast did not meet your expectations - we deliver a fine selection at breakfast and it is one of our most highly praised operations.

I am pleased you enjoyed your room - the golf and sea views are spectacular and I am glad you savored the view while here.

I am sorry to read that you feel this holiday is not what you expected but I hope you made some nice memories while in resort and in Cyprus.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A 5-star hotel this is not (nor, from what I can gather, Sensatori standard either). It’s more like a decent 3 star or a very mediocre 4 star.

We travelled as a group of 8 (two families of four) and my friend and I did an awful lot of research on a fair few resorts in Cyprus and after much deliberation, we went with the 5-star TUI Sensatori because it’s the best you can get surely? We were drawn in with the promise of a multitude of activities for our four children and the free shuttle to the beach to break up the trip a little was a bonus as we knew the hotel wasn’t coastal. Surely it’ll be fantastic? Here’s the unfortunate reality:

• Check in: Was chaotic - no welcome drink (as I’d seen mentioned in previous reviews), no map of the resort, no time to answer queries about an upgraded room. It was basically: fill in this paperwork, here’s your key, off you pop.
• Sunbeds: Setting your alarm for 6am each morning on holiday is no fun. Unfortunately, if you’re any later than 6.30am getting your towels on a bed, you’re not getting one. Surely the hotel has an obligation to provide enough beds for the guests at the hotel? There are NOT enough beds for the number of guests (not even close)!
• The pool itself: There’s more atmosphere on Mercury. No pool music. No animation – absolutely nothing. I went in search of the TUI rep to ask exactly what was going on for the younger guests and was there maybe a pool we weren’t aware of that was a little more exciting/entertaining for the children – at this point (day 3) I was given a map of the resort and we went in search of the activity pool in the hope there’d be something there the kids would find entertaining – again, absolutely nothing. It was a pool where they’d hold the exercise classes (for adults), very few sunbeds and nowhere to get refreshments. The kids splash park is definitely for smaller children, I’d say age 8 and below. The TUI rep also basically said to me “if you wanted a more kiddie-centric experience and/or animation for the kids, you should’ve considered booking a TUI Magic Life”.
• Children’s Activities: I had a wander down to the Kids Club with my 7-year-old daughter to see whether she could spend a little time in the air con and take part in some activities, the door was locked! I stood for a moment or two and a lady came to explain that the kids club is only available on a pre-booked basis, and they could only take 8 children at a time (in a resort that had 750 guests when we left). She kept me at the door and when I asked whether my daughter could just pop her head in to look around – the answer was “not really”. If you want your children to join in any of the activities, you need to be online at 6am or earlier 48 hours beforehand to book. I tried this multiple times during our 10 night stay and we only managed to book our boys on the football once in the whole time. I can only assume this is because they’re only accepting such low numbers on any single activity.
• Beach Shuttle Bus: No longer runs despite still being advertised by TUI. Reason? Covid. Disappointed? Very.
• Restaurants: If you want a la carte, you need to be online at 6am 48 hours before you need the reservation because any later than that and it’s highly unlikely you’ll get a table. The Mexican restaurant was by far the best for lunch and dinner and we have to give a special mention to Justine who was just exceptional in ridiculous circumstances (criminally understaffed). The snack bar was initially OK when we arrived but as the resort got much, much busier it became absolutely chaotic – guests shouting at the server, server shouting at the chef, kids waiting 60 mins for a crepe (and so on and so on), it could’ve been easily resolved by providing adequate resource. The buffet restaurant was like a school canteen and the food choices were very poor in my opinion, definitely not a 5 star dining experience in any way. As a group, we chose to eat in the village square as opposed to putting ourselves through the stress of the buffet in the evening and I’d avoid breakfast most days simply because it wasn’t enjoyable. Jasmine was “OK” (the staff could maybe work on not making guests feel like an inconvenience) and Fig and Olive was just “OK”.
• Cleaning: Very hit and miss. The rooms are done every other day, the shared facilities – who knows? In every other resort I’ve (ever) stayed in, you always see cleaners throughout the day, tidying, emptying bins, cleaning bathrooms and we didn’t really see any of this.
• Show Lounge: Seven nights out of the ten, it was the same four performers putting on a different style of show. Credit where credit’s due, they work very hard, but this is not what you’d expect from a 5-star Sensatori hotel. The “table service only” means the drinks service in the show lounge is incredibly slow, this is not the fault of the staff – they work very hard but there’s simply not enough of them to adequately service the number of guests at the hotel.
• Taxis: If you want to book a taxi into Paphos, don’t ask reception to do this for you – I’d recommend you do this yourself via suggestions on TripAdvisor maybe. We booked a minibus to take us to Paphos waterpark that cost 70 euros (no air con and windows jammed closed so we couldn’t open them, yuk) but the transfer we arranged ourselves back from the Harbour to the hotel was only 50 euros in a lovely (new) minibus with air con.

Shout out to Kameliya in the Carob Lounge who worked incredibly hard to keep EVERYONE happy and was always quick to get our drinks to us (she was exceptional), as was Justine who worked long days in the heat whilst understaffed and stressed – but always with a smile on her face and ready to have a laugh and a joke.

Overall, our experience was hugely disappointing having done so much research into finding the right hotel for our families. Would I recommend this hotel to anyone looking to go to Cyprus – no chance. When you book 5-star Sensatori, you expect 5-star Sensatori - and there was absolutely nothing about this hotel that was 5-star.

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your detailed review.
I am saddened to see that you believed your stay only merits 3 stars.
With Covid restrictions in place by our Government, we are offering the best we can in terms of service and facilities. Some services have been restricted - i.e. maid service in guest rooms taken from everyday to every other day. This would have been communicated to you at check in.
Our housekeeping department work tirelessly around the hotel ensuring all areas are safe and clean for our guests. This includes deep cleaning and sanitizing of high-traffic areas such as public bathrooms, elevators and main doors.

I am unsure why you felt you needed to set your alarm for 6am to book a restaurant - the restaurant reservation by app only goes live at 10am for the next 2 days.
I am pleased you enjoyed El Sabor, our Mexican restaurant.

The children's activities by TUI are pre-bookable (also via an app) The kids club does lock its doors for safety reasons.
There are also plenty of family activities in the resort like horse riding, tennis, football, nature trails, bike riding to name a few.

Our resort and hotel map can be found on the info kiosk and also by a QR code scan directly to your phone.

I am sorry we could not help you with your query for a potential room upgrade - due to our peak season, we have limited to no availability for high category rooms.

Thank you for your compliment towards Kameliya and Justine. I will be pleased to pass on your comments.

I am dismayed that you left our resort feeling disappointed and that we could not meet your high expectations.

I do hope that you and your family made some nice memories in Cyprus

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had visited Aphrodite Hills hotel multiple times in the past, the business being run by several management teams. The premises have always being impressive, quality materials everywhere, wonderful setup.
But this time it has been a much more positive experience! The health & safety measures plan that the current team have implemented is by my experience, second to none. Just to mention a few highlights, the guest luggage are collected by the staff before the hotel entrance and are being disinfected prior to being delivered to your room. Everything in the room - and everywhere else - is super clean, all guests must wear single use gloves and and a face mask (both provided) while serving themselves at the buffet area etc.
But what amazed us, was the professionalism of Maria, a guest relations officer; We arrived for check-in at 2pm, not knowing that the check-in time has been moved to 3pm (extensive cleaning and preparation procedures for the rooms). It was extremely hot outside and all sunbeds at all 3 swimming pools were occupied. So Maria stepped in and found for us another room (upgraded) already cleaned and ready to use and kindly asked the Spa reception to accommodate us at the Spa swimming pool without charge.
It was really an honor for us to experience hospitality and professionalism at top level by such a polite and caring individual like Maria!
Overall a wonderful stay (food was great too) and looking forward to visit again!

Date of stay: May 2021

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your 5 star review and feedback.
Although you have visited us many times in the past and have seen the staff evolve and perhaps change over time, our core culture remains the same. We are also very proud to have many staff members that have been with us from the very beginning.

The health and safety of our guests as well as our staff is second to none and I am glad that you appreciated the efforts we have enforced to ensure the safety of all, without compromising comfort or service.

Thank you for your kind words towards our Guest Relation Manager, Maria.
We are here to help and serve and I am pleased that Maria was able to do just that.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So let’s start with the positives. This is a very pretty resort, the grounds are well maintained and there are some fabulous views to be had. Nice selection of restaurants and bars, good quality food and really lovely staff. The pool areas are great, it’s clean and the drink selection is good. We liked our room, modern and clean, we paid to upgrade to a sea view which was really nice. Overall we enjoyed our stay here and would probably come back.

Before I go on to the negatives I would like to make the point that we are here at the beginning of post pandemic travel release so there are bound to be a few little problems which I happily overlook. The hotel is very short staffed at the moment for obvious reasons and through no fault of its own, but I will say the staff they do have work so very hard and with a smile. Quick shout out to Olivia, Christos, Theo and Georgie who seem to be working 24/7 throughout the hotel.

So.... the negatives, all revolve around the fact there are far too many guests in this hotel for it to run smoothly at the moment. My biggest peeve as I’m sure you have read, is that the sunlounger situation isn’t good. Most days we couldn’t find one and had to resort to getting up at 6am to ensure we had somewhere to sit, and of course most of the other guests did the same as there wasn’t any other choice. Half way through our stay the hotel put signs on the loungers to prevent people from reserving them, this simply didn’t work because quite frankly there just aren’t enough sunloungers to go around, so whether reserved or not someone was always losing out. I do understand and take into consideration that the hotel has to follow social distancing rules and therefore spread loungers out more, but in my opinion the hotel should then quite simply not be running at full capacity just yet! The snack bar by the pool is also a bit of a negative for me. There is one poor lady trying to keep up with mountains of orders and she simply can’t cope, through no fault of her own. 30 minute wait for a portion of chips is a little extreme even for me. I actually felt really sorry for her and my suggestion to management would be immediately get someone else to concentrate on ice creams and crepes so she can focus on cooked food, it’s just not fair on her. So my last point is restaurant reservations. The hotel has an app that opens at 6am to make reservations for that day, however the first few days we just could not get a table in any of the restaurants even when trying to book at this time. A couple of days in we found it you can book up to 2 days in advance, but we were never told this. So basically unless someone tipped us off we would have struggled all week to get a table, and there’s nothing more annoying than walking past a fully booked restaurant with almost no one in it, take note and book in advance! I’d also mention the rooms are only cleaned every other day, not a deal breaker but it would be nice to come back to a clean room and towel on a daily basis. Overall this is a nice hotel, it just needs a few tweaks from management to make it a little more enjoyable for its guests and its staff a like. Hope it helps!

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank dans8448

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your honest review.
We really appreciate it when a guest takes time to provide feedback which is constructive.

August is our busiest month and so this means that our facilities are also busy.
We are managing the sun lounger situation by removing towels used for reservation purposes. I can confirm that there are enough sun loungers for all guests - these are scattered around the main pool, splash pool, activity pool, adults pool as well as private pools and swim ups.
I am sorry to hear that you struggled with the restaurant reservation app - the main buffet does not require a reservation and the a la cartes can be booked up to 2 days in advance.
I hope you enjoyed the a la cartes after trying them.

Our maid service has been altered to every other day and you would have been informed of this at check in.

Thank you for complimenting the presentation of the resort. Our gardeners work very hard in this heat to ensure our gardens are well manicured and colorful.
It is always a pleasure to hear that you found food to be of high quality in all restaurants and lovely staff - I am very proud of my team.

It is great to hear that you are already thinking of returning to us in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.