Belton Woods Hotel
Eden House Hotel(Grantham)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$58
US$83
US$70
Hotels.com
Travelodge Grantham A1(Grantham)(Great Value!)
US$45
US$59
US$72
PremierInn.com
US$77
Travelocity
Stoke Rochford Hall(Stoke Rochford)
US$86
US$77
Priceline
  • Pool
US$54
US$46
1,906 results
All reviewsgolf courseclaret jugq hotelsa la cartegreat golfgolf shopgolf weekendround of golfdriving rangeplay golfspa breaktwo double bedsin great conditiontennis courtsevening mealleisure facilitiesrestaurant staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I have just got back from an overnight stay. The hotel is beautiful, the surrounding areas, the reception, bar and restaurant all have great views.

We stayed in a family room which was of reasonable size, 2 large double beds. Room was clean and comfortable.

The main reason for our visit was for the pool area which I think was outstanding. They have a main pool which was great, a kids pool which was again brilliant and a toddler pool. All a nice temperature.

Staff all lovely and generally the stay was brilliant.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
Seamus C, General Manager at Belton Woods Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Luke B

Thank you so much for your five star review of Belton Woods following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you had such a great time with us, enjoying several aspects of your stay in particular the eisure pool area and that you found the service from our staff to be helpful and friendly. We strive to ensure we meet and exceed our guests expectations and your positive feedback is very much appreciated and will be well received by my team. I do hope we will get the opportunity of welcoming you back to Belton Woods again very soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed for 1 night in a superior room with 2 double beds. We booked a dinner bed & breakfast special offer. The good points were the pool, the lovely friendly girls on reception, the lovely lady on the health club reception and the waitress at breakfast. Breakfast was decent too. The not so good, the room cleanliness was just ok, the toilet didn't flush well, the restaurant was a bit dark & tired, the service in the restaurant was a bit ad hoc. The evening meal food was just ok. I know I have high standards but the water glasses at dinner weren't that clean. The carpet in the room wasn't 100% clean. Also no pre arrival email and no request for feedback at any point. Most hotels cant wait to get your views! And can then act on the feedback and/or reward staff etc. I wouldn't rush back but its not one to avoid either!

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family

Dear LizzieL78

Thank you so much for your four star review of Belton Woods following your recent visit to our resort.

I am delighted that you had in the main a positive experience with us, enjoying several aspects of your stay and that you found the service from our staff to be helpful and friendly. We strive to ensure we meet and exceed our guests expectations and your positive feedback is very much appreciated and will be well received by my team. I have duly noted and taken on board your comments with reference to room cleanliness,décor and service in restaurant and lack of feedback request.and will discuss with my senior management team later today to ensure such scenarios do not reoccur in the future. .I do hope that we will get the opportunity of welcoming you back to Belton Woods again very soon. Please contact myself direct on scoen@qhotels.co.uk when you wish to make a future booking and I will personally ensure you have a most positive and relaxed experience with us.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have had Sunday Lunch on numerous occasions but last Sunday was our first since the hotel changed hands and the Sunday Lunch prices increased. We brought two friends with us who had not been before. We all agreed that the setting was first class and a very quiet place to stay. However the standard and quality of the lunch was very disappointing. The selection for the starter was much smaller than before with only soup, pate or prawn cocktail available. The main course vegetables from the carvery were very restricted from memory only three different vegetables, the roast parsnips were hard and barely roasted. I chose the beef and do not like it red but thought the piece he was carving from looking okay. However, on eating it, it was so raw in the middle the knife provided would not cut through it. By the time we went up for our dessert there was very little left and nothing was replenished so I chose the sticky toffee pudding with custard. The custard was lumpy and nearly cold. I do not mind paying the new prices if the standard had stayed the same. I now know why the 12.30pm slot was fully booked over a week beforehand as I expect everyone that goes regularly knows the food runs out later. I felt very sorry for the people who arrived at 2pm for their meal - I wonder what they ate? We will not be eating Sunday Lunch again in a hurry. I do agree with other people that the restaurant is small for the size of the hotel and the back of the restaurant is very dark.

Room Tip: if you are having Sunday lunch book the 12.30pm slot a long way in advance
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends

Dear AshleighLincolnshire,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit with us for Sunday lunch.. I was very disappointed to learn that the quality of your dining experience did not meet with your expectations and please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls that you and your friends encountered. We certainly do not wish any of our guests to leave us feeling disappointed. We do always strive to provide high levels of customer care with our main objective being to deliver excellent quality and service and I can see that, on this occasion, we did not meet our normal high standards. Please be assured that I will be discussing all of the points you have raised with my Team to ensure that such scenarios do not reoccur. I would be grateful of the opportunity to discuss this with you personally and can be reached on scoen@qhotels.co.uk. I look forward to hearing from you.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were a couple staying for two nights on a Bed, Breakfast and Dinner deal. An imposing hotel. Very good first impressions in extensive grounds. Friendly check-in but had to nudge for my drinks discount voucher (part of the deal). Excellent room ...large and looked recently refurbished. A large spa pool, which was one of the attractions for us. We used it on the first day (Saturday) but it was heaving with families so no chance of a proper swim. The disappointment for us, came with the evening meal. Given the prices, we expected a fine dining experience ... but not to be. The restaurant isn't particularly large, given the size of the hotel and it was rammed. In other Q Hotels we have enjoyed a civilised meal i.e. tablecloths and reasonable privacy. Here, we had plain wooden tables 18 inches apart with cheap cutlery. The folks next to us were as close as my wife and I were opposite ...the noise levels were very high. It felt more like a canteen than a restaurant. There was a carvery option which seemed the popular choice but our deal included the Table D'Hote so we went for that. Food and service was fine, couldn't fault it although choice was limited. The Sunday evening was a better experience since there were many less guests but we were just as close to our neighbours. Dress code was non-existent with large groups of chaps who seemed to have walked in off the golf course. In retrospect, I think that was the target clientele. Unfortunately, we had looked forward to an up-market weekend break as a special occasion ...but received a copy of our local Beefeater at more than twice the price! To complete the review, I should say that the breakfast was very good quality but in the same location with the same crowds on Sunday morning ...much calmer on Monday. Unless you were staying here for the golf or some sort of function, it is difficult to see the point ...certainly not for a romantic escape!

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DABX

Dear DABX

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit with us at our resort. I was very disappointed to learn that the quality of your dining experience did not meet with your expectations and please accept my sincere apologies for the shortfalls that you and your partner encountered. We certainly do not wish any of our guests to leave us feeling disappointed. We do always strive to provide high levels of customer care with our main objective being to deliver excellent quality and service and I can see that, on this occasion, we did not meet our normal high standards. Please be assured that I will be discussing all of the points you have raised with my Team to ensure that such scenarios do not reoccur. As you have alluded to we do cater for golf groups and sometimes it can be quite loud for our ther leisure clients who are residing in the hotel. We are volume driven but do have other hotels in our group which may be more suitable to meet your expectations such as a romantic escape. I would be grateful of the opportunity to discuss this with you personally and can be reached on scoen@qhotels.co.uk. I look forward to hearing from you.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed as part of a large training cohort and had a fantastic time. Superb service, excellent food and facilities. Bar prices are a bit steep but to be expected as this sort of hotel (out of the way from other bars) but still pretty reasonable over all. Can’t wait to visit in another capacity

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Seamus C, General Manager at Belton Woods Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Tincrystal

I am delighted that you and your training cohort had such a great time with us, enjoying several aspects of your stay and that you found the service from our staff to be helpful and friendly. We strive to ensure we meet and exceed our guests expectations and your positive feedback is very much appreciated and will be well received by my team. I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not so distant future.