“Truly Family Friendly”
Review of Marryatville Hotel

Marryatville Hotel
Ranked #5 of 16 Restaurants in Kensington
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We went looking for a pub that could host a family gathering which covered the age range 3 through to70. We looked at others which claimed to be family friendly before visiting the Marryatville. We are glad that we chose to go there. There is a large undercover playground adjacent to what was probably the beer garden in an earlier life of the hotel. The food was good, the service was excellent and the kids had a good time too, which left the adults much less stressed. One of our party is a Salt & Pepper Squid aficionado - she was very happy with her meal. The 'Ville Burger is big and probably not good for the calorie count - but it was good! If you should order the Trio of Gelati for dessert, be prepared for a very big serve of gelati.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

We had a very good meal at this pub. The service was very friendly and prompt. The chicken and haloumi stack was absolutley delicious and the Barramundi was also very good. There were so many other things on the menu that I would have liked to try, so we'll have to go back again. The dining room is large and comfortable and there are also tables outside under cover, next to an enclosed play area, so you can eat and watch your children play safely. A good place to eat.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

My wife and I come for lunch, after several years absence. The really nice thing about this restaurant is the venue: light and spacious with urban views out, and the Mulga Bill Bicycle theme around the walls. An outdoor eating area fronts a children's playground, which is great for families. We arrive and the sign says wait to be seated – for quite a long time! – and then we have a secluded table for two by the window. A pleasant lass comes and takes our seniors’ order, quickly brings our drinks, and considerably later returns with butter and generous slices of bread – yesterday’s? Then our mains ... . My wife has a lovely large plate of roast vegetables with gravy, all for a bargain $5. I am not quite so lucky. My plate of roast pork comes with a large pile of chips (surely, roast potatoes?) and no apple sauce. The other vegetables are tasty enough. We leave before dessert, thinking the $12 offerings might take too long to arrive. In summary, the delightful venue stops me allotting an 'average', but I would hesitate to come here again. A pity.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Terrible service. No excuse for a quiet Monday lunch. The kids playground is good but not worth it. I won’t be going back

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

We always have a good meal here. My cousins and us meet up regularly here for tea. Last night we invited some friends to join us, who arrived before us and unknowingly sat in the restaurant. I remembered you can have the restaurant food in the pub but you cant have the pub menu in the restaurant so we checked with the waitress and she confirmed what we thought. Unfortunately my Cousin said it was 'better' in the pub and she seemed offended by that. Bad choice of words Cuz. We were corrected by suggesting the pub was more 'suitable'! Upon moving, I apologised if we caused any offence. We then all had the best pub meals in the other area!
We remembered from previous occasions to order desserts BEFORE the kitchen closes at 8.30pm. Quite an achievement if you get lost in conversation! I think it was 8.21pm when we ordered. Desserts all great too. Some staff are really friendly and some are just ok. Food never disappoints. Fab portions and option of veg and potatoes, rather than the usual chips and salad. This is a winner for us.

1  Thank Vivilitle