“Sensational... 👍🏼😉”
Review of monte restaurant

monte restaurant
Ranked #1 of 153 Restaurants in Leichhardt
Price range: US$14 - US$27
Description: monté is a modern Australian restaurant in Leichhardt, Sydney Inner West. We combine what we believe is the ultimate menu with the best contemporary dining experience. Our food is the freshest, our atmosphere is relaxed and there is an extensive range of Australian wines.
Reviewed 18 August 2018

Enjoyed our sons birthday last Thursday evening. First time here, looking for somewhere local and went by the reviews. Definitely not disappointed, absolutely beautiful!! Every one of our meals - 6 people, 3 courses - sensational!!! I myself had the scallops and tried the new to the menu, lamb shank - yummy - done like a “Wellington” and finished with the raspberry soufflé. Hubby had the oysters and the bouillabaisse, he was wrapped. Definitely coming back. Staff fantastic and meal superb - thanks guys

1  Thank JWGWEWCW

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

This quite modest restaurant nonetheless serves excellent food cooked to perfection. I started with a slow cooked lamb ragu. Delicious. My companion enjoyed his olives. For mains we each chose a steak. Different cuts but both perfectly grilled with nice accompaniments. For sweets I had a delicious passionfruit soufflé and he had a marvellous pavlova. Moderate prices that belie the quality. Highly recommended

Reviewed 1 July 2018

We arrived for our booking and I was a bit concerned that for a Saturday night it was relatively quiet. This can mean a number of things but more often than not that a restaurant is struggling, not the case here we discovered. We were sat at our table quickly, the water was on the table a couple of pre dinner drinks arrived shortly thereafter. We ordered the scorched salmon and chicken liver parfait for our entrees and both were of excellent quality and presentation. We asked for a decent break between serves and were told "no problem at all" and we settled back with a nice Chablis. The interior and furniture are a bit odd and if you go you will see what I mean but we didn't come for the tables and chairs, did we!! The mains arrived which was the Barraumundi and Spatchcock which were both decent sized servings and looked nice on the table. Flavour...flavour...flavour...well done chef. Nothing overtaking the hero on the plate and everything blends to satisfy. We then took another breather before ordering the Souffle and Dark chocolate marquise which were delightful and couldn't deny the kitchen another tick for desserts. Monte is a bit unusual in a nice way and the food is more than acceptable, it is very good. Recommended? Definitely :)

1  Thank Peter C
Reviewed 23 June 2018

This was our first visit to Monte which we discovered by chance on a Friday night. The food was amazing - fine dining quality. Entrees and mains were equally sophisticated. We ordered 4 entrees- scallops, torched salmon, gnocchi and soufflé. My seared scallops were the best I've ever had. Delicious combination of perfectly seared scallops with cauliflower and chorizos. Mains were equally interesting and impressive. I had the eye fillet which was a beautiful cut of meat with a beautiful sauce/sautéed spinach.
Definitely recommend this place!

Reviewed 15 June 2018

The food here is really lovely, well crafted, complex flavours and nicely presented. I went in a group of five and we all had different dishes and were all very happy. Some people also had desserts which were also good. It's not cheap but it is ok value for an upper- middle price range. Service was good although perhaps not quite as attentive as you would expect for this kind of price. However it is pulled down a bit by the décor which is really very ordinary. You can say well you go for the food not the décor, but for me their prices are more special occasion type and for a special occasion you want some atmosphere as well. Doesn't have to be fancy just interesting. Anyway I'd go there again for the food.