Open today: 6:00 AM - 9:00 PM

from US$45.22
from US$104.12
from US$138.46
14,773 results
All reviews pacific whale foundation whale watch non profit ocean spirit wild rice great trip humpback whales fish whale activity knowledgeable crew great whale whale season dinner cruise snorkel trip marine life smaller boat crew members
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 March 2021

A 2 plus hour catamaran trip out of Lahaina harbor on Maui. Limited passengers due to corona virus public health restrictions made for a very enjoyable experience. There were whales everywhere with best sightings just outside the harbor. Crew was professional and informative. Highly recommend this tour.

Date of experience: February 2021
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
John G, Director of Sales at PacWhale Eco-Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2021

Thank you so much for choosing to come out with us and share the experience of witnessing the amazing humpback whales that visit our waters every season. We are so glad you enjoyed the experience and we'll hope to see you out with us again on your next visit to the island. Mahalo.

Reviewed 4 March 2021

We are grateful that we were able to see some whales but other than that we were not really wowed at all. There was ZERO attention or effort to engage the many young children on board. The narrator was monotone and difficult to hear or pay attention to.There was a huge emphasis and pressure to tip the crew-and seriously-they did nothing but run the show they were paid to run.So my review is to encourage pacwhale to find ways to engage kids—and—we will try another outfit next time.
Also- the only snacks available to purchase were chips and candy...and this was a morning voyage.

Date of experience: March 2021
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
John G, Director of Sales at PacWhale Eco-Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2021

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your experience. We take all such direct feedback very seriously as it serve as our report card of performance and we continually look to improve the customer experience. We're sorry to hear that apparantly the humpback whales weren't particularly active during your excursion, as these giants of the sea are truly a wonder to wtiness when they are active. It's been an extremely active whale season here, but obviously every tour and the whale behaviors witnessed is different from one tour to the next. We do appreciate you coming out with us and hope we have the opportunity to have you out with us again in the hopes that the whales or marine life will provide that wow factor that can truly create such an appreciation of our incredible ocean environment.

Reviewed 4 March 2021 via mobile

It was my first ever whale watch and I was not disappointed.

The crew was awesome and the naturalists were great! Very informative tour not just a look and watch for whales type of money being spent.

Due to COVID-19 and county regulations, I feel the company did great with efforts towards safety while allowing us to experience the beauty of our marine life and Hawai’i.

The assigned seating was not a bother to me BUT I believe there should boundaries. It makes it difficult to see what is happening when people are allowed to stand up and walk around once we hit the deep waters and they have no respect or courtesy. Why would you stand right in front of someone blocking their view?? Even when I would stand they would just scoot their way close into me. MIND YOU, I am short and most of ya’ll are tall so you can clearly see what is happening from above me haha.

So I think allowing them to only stay in their assigned area is great. There were times when the whale would be in the back but I wouldn’t go back there because I didn’t want to block others’ views. However, if this is not possible, the crew should be reminding people to be courteous not to block anyone due to excitement.

Another thing I think needs improvement deals with wearing our face masks. Yes, crew members will tell us and remind those who have it off to use it correctly, but some will not put it on or listen! If those people do not listen or put it on, the crew members should stay put until the person puts it on or the crew member should tell that person to remain seated at their assigned seat if they will be walking around without a mask on.

Anyways, I loved the tour. Great company. We saw much whales (maybe luck?) and our captain stayed at a legal distance. It gets hot so I’d recommend bringing sunscreen to reapply and maybe a hat. You can also bring your own food and drinks (not alcohol) on the boat to eat.

Worth the $$$

We are so thank that you chose to come out with us to wtiness the wonder of the humpback whales and so happy to hear that you enjoyed the experience. We appreciate your insightful feedback and take it all very seriously as we try to continually improve the customer experience amidst the pandemic. You stay safe and healthy and we'll hope to have you out with us again on your nex visit to Maui.

Reviewed 3 March 2021 via mobile

I know they say February is the big month to see whales in this Hawaiian island channel, but March 1st is still pretty amazing! Saw plenty of spouting whales, plenty of tail slaps and even a group of very competitive whales, trying to get some female attention!! Staff members helpful and knowledgeable! Be sure to check out the store merchandise where you pick up your tickets. And during Covid you DO have to keep mask on at all times! But nice that the boats are only at 50% so only 70 on board!! Tip the boat boys!!

John G, Director of Sales at PacWhale Eco-Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2021

We are so happy to hear that you had a great whale watch and that the amazing giants of the sea put on a show. It's truly a special time of the year on Maui and we appreciate that you chose to share it with us. You stay safe and healthy and come back and see us soon.

Reviewed 3 March 2021

Wonderful trip with experienced crew. We have been doing several PWC cruise activities per year for many years - since PWC was founded.
They never disappoint. We even learned new info this time.
We will be doing a 'Dinner Cruise' with PWC next weekend!
Highly recommended!