All reviewsprivate poolbeautiful placesunset bargarden roomthe ownerstaff were exceptionalpure blisschristmas lunchwonderful reviewsmicrowave ovenstayed longerthe entire resortdipping poolamazing resortbeach viewday tourthree nights
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Date of Stay: Feb 12 to 15, 2017

My trip to Camiguin almost did not happen as our flight while preparing for touch down had to cancel (2x) due to poor visibility and the pilot said we would just be returning to Mactan. We were given 3 Options. 1. Reroute to Butuan then board a Bus then Ferry to Camiguin (But Expenses at Pax Expense) 2. Refund 3. Rebook. I just chose Option 1. Instead of arriving at 630am in Camiguin we arrived at 4pm and it was a good thing i decided to push thru with the trip as it was worth it. Anyway onto my review of Balai.

Location: Balai sa Bai Bai is located in Mambajao. It is near the Port going to White Island. The Airport is 3.9km away.

Check In: It was fast, friendly and efficient. Mar did an excellent Job of making sure things were explained. Welcome drinks and towel were provided. Just loved the Reception House. From the design to the water feature.

The Garden Room: Just beautiful! I loved every detail of the garden room. The water feature in front was just beautiful. Just love the use of Capiz Windows. The Room has a very comfortable queen sized bed with 4 pillows and throw pillows. There is a TV hidden inside the chest on the foot of the bed. There is a kettle, a mini ref (the refreshments inside are complimentary!).

The Bathroom: An open style Bathroom! Just love this kind of Bathroom! My 3rd time to experience an open style bathroom. The first was in Ilocos, 2nd in Palawan and 3rd in Camiguin. Toilet had a bidet (a toilet feature which i always consider a must). There were 2 showers, one is powered by solar heater and the other by a regular heater. There is a pocket garden beside and it was just lovely.

Breakfast: Just Delicious. You will not be disappointed with Breakfast. Quality was very high. Fruits (Pineapple, Banana, Watermelon plus yoghurt) were served first. Choice of Coffee or Tea. Got to taste the danggit, ampalaya, longaniza, tocino, corned beef, banana pancakes and all were delicious. I was looking for breakfast on our last day but it was just impossible as we had an early flight back to Cebu. The 2 servers were exceptional in their service. Always smiling and efficient. We also met the owner Elden during breakfast. He was very nice and it made our stay more special as usually owners do not interact with their guests in my experience.

The Pool: Did not get to try the pool but it really looked inviting. Next time maybe.

The beach: it is black or dark brown sand. Waves were strong so i did not swim in the beach. Beach was very clean.

The Grounds: the Resort is very well laid out. There is a space for everyone. Be it at the beautiful hut located in the middle of a water feature which is near the entrance or on one of the hammocks. Balai sa Bai Bai is a beautiful resort and Camiguin is very lucky.

The Staff: warm, friendly, efficient. 3 words to describe the staff at Balai. With special mention to Mar and the staff during breakfast.

Overall: If someone will ask me where to stay in Camiguin, I will say Balai sa Bai Bai. It was just an amazing stay as i felt i was at home. The room we got was just comfortable and hopefully next time i will get to stay at the Villa. I was just a bit disappointed as i did not get to go to White Island and Mantigue but it just means another reason to go back. See you again Balai sa Bai Bai!

Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank KingRegis
Elden C, Owner at Balai sa Baibai, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

I really appreciate your detailed review and am very happy that Balai sa Baibai and our team met your expectations. The airport here has no local control tower etc so occasionally the pilot has no choice but to turn back to Cebu if the winds are strong or visibility low, but fortunately this does not happen often and the Butuan rerouting whist not ideal does get you to Camiguin. You will be pleased to know that from April Cebu Pacific will be offering a second flight 3 times weekly, which will increase the options to get here! I will pass on your words of appreciation to the team, we try hard to make sure we offer a personalised service to all of our guests and as the owner I make sure I always speak with our guests as well - we are not a big impersonal chain hotel and the little extra touches and individual service is what makes us unique and what our guests appreciate. We look forward to welcoming you back to our slice of paradise soon!

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Date Of Stay: April 2016
Room Type: Villa

Pros:
-Healthy & delicious breakfast. You can have it in your room or by the beach. By the beach is always better :)
-Friendly & Helpful Staff
-The owner, Cocoy (hope I got your name right) thanked me for staying with them again.
-Walking distance to restaurants.
-Walking distance (for me atleast) to the port where you can hop on to go to White Island.
-They were constructing another villa that time and it was still quiet.
-Decently sized villa. I could live there.
-The pool in the villa is about 5ft deep. I'm 5'2" and happy to just float around.
-I don't smell much chlorine in their pool. Good for my eyes and my hair.

Cons:
-They're always fully booked . We wanted to stay there on specific dates of Dec. 2016 and Apr. 2017 to no avail.
-Mosquitos and other creepy crawlers inside the resort. Totally understandable for a tropical country. They do they their best to control it (the mosquitos). No mosquitos the first time I went there last Feb. 2016.
-We were almost late for the airport when we had to wait for the packed breakfast. From what I remember, we were told that the cook woke up late.
-The bathroom door was pretty difficult to open and close. And we couldn't lock it. The reason we wanted to lock it is because the wind kept on lifting the bottom of the door, making noises at night.
-Didn't think much of the Dinner at the Beach. But I loved their champagne.

Sorry it took me a long time to post a review again.

Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
Elden C, Owner at Balai sa Baibai, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

Thank you for your detailed review, it was a pleasure to have you as a repeat guest and we look forward to seeing you again! Given the time that has passed since your stay you may be interested in some of the improvements we have made that address the issues you mentioned. You will be pleased to know that we have completed an additional villa, so hopefully that will make booking a stay with us a little easier! We have replaced all of the door locks on outside and bathroom doors plus installed CCTV to provide improved security. Since our rooms all feature garden bathrooms and the villas open living rooms keeping all bugs out is a little difficult, but we are fortunate that generally the bugs are at a minimum here but to make sure of your comfort we have now placed an electronic mosquito zapper in every room and are currently installing ultrahigh frequency pest controllers across the property to make sure we do as much as possible to keep those pesky bugs at bay. I am sorry that your breakfast pack on the last day was late, causing you a little stress on the way to the airport. You may be interested to know that we are the only resort on the island that provides breakfast on the day of arrival plus a breakfast pack and airport coffee voucher on the last day for guests leaving on the 0650am flight. We have changed the system of preparing the breakfast pack to ensure that is it all prepared in time for guests departure to the airport at 0530am so there wont be any delays. I am sorry that the beachside dinner was not to your liking and you will be pleased to know that we have changed our providers for this service since your visit - but we have kept the same champagne so we look forward to providing you with a bottle on your next visit! As a resort we are constantly striving to improve and make sure we provide the best service to our guests and we especially appreciate it when guests return, so I am grateful for the issues you have raised and I hope you can see by my reply that we have indeed addressed these issues - so we look forward to your next visit to our own slice of paradise!

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Never been back to Camiguin after more than 10 years until i found this resort!!! When i found out about Balai sa Baibai from the FB posts of my friends, i told myself it's about time i go back to the island. Balai sa Baibai is such a wonderful, amazing resort where every detail counts! I felt transported to Bali while staying in this pretty and well-adorned resort!!! Thanks so much to all the friendly and caring staff - julie, mar, mae and to all who made sure that our stay would be an experience of a lifetime! Thank you for the owners for coming up with a place like this in CamiguinThank you for making my birthday a celebration of LOVE , FUN and only pure BLISS!! ❤

Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
Elden C, Owner at Balai sa Baibai, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2017

We are so glad that your birthday stay at our resort was just what you wanted! we try very hard to make sure our team looks after all the small details so you can just sit back, relax and enjoy Camiguin. We look forward to seeing you back again in our slice of paradise!

Reviewed 2 February 2017

Definitely the best resort on the island. The staff is awesome nice, smart and very friendly. The breakfast rocks – absolutely delicious. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. We loved the open bathroom.
You can feel here like you are a true guest, not just a visitor.
The owner is taking care of all his guests and with no doubt he really does it great.
Absolutely the best place on Camiguin.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
Elden C, Owner at Balai sa Baibai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2017

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We try very hard to make sure all of our guests receive a personalised and professional service that makes your stay in Camiguin more enjoyable so we are happy we achieved this with you. Our Balinese inspired garden bathrooms are not very common in the Philippines, so we are glad you appreciated it, we have just supplemented all of the solar hot water systems in the bathrooms with a back up electric system for those few days when the sun doesn't shine - this will ensure a hot shower on even the gloomiest of days. We are also in the process in updating our breakfast menu, so you can look forward to even more delicious offerings on your return to our piece of paradise!

Reviewed 10 January 2017

This is a small intimate hotel perfect for a romantic getaway, which matches perfectly for the style of the island.
My girlfriend and I had a wonderful NYE dinner filled with fireworks and blackout entertainment.
You have a small private beach with breakfast and evening drinks on a beach side patio.

The owners are very friendly and you can see have put a lot of work into finishing touches.
If you come to this island, only come to this hotel, if you can’t get a booking I would reconsider the trip for another occasion.

Try to book the villa.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
Elden C, Owner at Balai sa Baibai, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2017

We were very happy to host you over the new year period and are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! As you mentioned we have put a lot of attention into the details of both the resort and the services we offer as we believe that it is the details that make all the difference to our our guests enjoying their stay with us. We hope one day to welcome you back to our piece of paradise!