“Good for vegetarians”

Secret Cove Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 25 Restaurants in Mambajao
Reviewed 13 January 2017 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my meal at this place. They had a good live music, a big outside area with spectacular sunset view, and they have their own twist with vegetarian food, not the usual veggie meals you see anywhere else. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed 7 May 2016

please do not bother to visit this over rated slum dwellers restaurant, the food is "sorry sir out of stock" we only have eggs the owners / management totally rude and ignorant we had 7 family members with us when we visited this hell hole, my father in law from London said that this pathetic resturant should be renamed "Restraint from Hell"

2  Thank Beihai Boy R
Reviewed 14 February 2016

The new owners have just taken over, and I'm definitely looking forward to the full menu. When I was there, there was only the breakfast menu as the owners were still revamping it and didn't want to push out too many dishes than they could possibly deliver. Can see that they do take pride in serving food that is well worth the calories :D
The breakfast served is very wholesome :D

Reviewed 23 February 2015

We stayed next door and had eaten breakfast here every morning for three days because we liked the food and the girls who worked there were nice, then my friend noticed a small menu under the espresso machine that offered various types of higher quality coffee drinks so she ordered one that had an option of "regular" or "freshly ground" so she ordered the freshly ground coffee. About ten minutes later a big white man (the owner) barges up to our table red-faced and obviously furious and started yelling at us "YOU CAN'T EXPECT US TO GRIND FRESH COFFEE FOR YOU!!!! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!?!?!" I thought the guy was going to attack us, and we could see that his poor workers were terrified of him. The situation was incredibly bizarre and all of us were pretty shaken afterword. There are so many places owned by nice people to give your money to on this amazing friendly island, don't spend your money supporting this angry bully.

5  Thank Rockabel
Reviewed 23 November 2014

I came here for lunch. I was the only diner during my visit, though I did meet some guests on their way to dive when I arrived.

I ordered Chicken Cordon Bleu and Date Square. The staff asked me if I was willing to wait since cooking time for the Chicken Cordon Bleu is an hour. I said yes.

Despite the one hour wait, I still found it undercooked. Well, the chicken was already cooked but when I cut it up, the center was very cold. It obviously came straight from the freezer and was not thawed properly. Too bad as it tasted good. Good thing the potatoes were well-seasoned and cooked just right.

On Secret Cove’s website, they proudly shared an Inflight Magazine writer’s praise for their triple decker mango cheesecake. I ordered this upon arrival but when it was time to serve the food, the staff told me that it wasn’t available. She recommended their Date Squares, which were good if not too sweet.

Tip: If you want to stay here, consider yourself warned. The resort needs an upgrade as so many reviewers have already shared.

3  Thank Charmel P