Lowest prices for your stay
US$43
View deal
Free cancellation until 21/05/21
ZenHotels.com
FindHotel
Hotels.comUS$43
Expedia.comUS$43
StayForLong
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 August 2017

We were so blessed to be the only guests their during that time. We were able have heart warming recall of childhood experiences and we talked until dawn without worrying if we disturbed other guests because it was exclusive for us. The staff were accommodating and willing to render extra hour just to make us feel at home.
The pool was very clean and very private...

Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

When i first visited this place last april 2012, I was amazed how adorable this place was. Mexican food was amazing. But my visit with my family last week (May 14, 2016 ) was just really disappointing. They only had 1 staff and food took a long time. The place in need of care. The pool was green and not well kept, we had to ask them to clean it. The place was under construction, which they forgot to tell us over the phone. At night, we were so scared since it lacked lighting. I was with 9 people with 2 kids, we took 3 of the bungalow they had. Our children and i were startled over this huge rat in our bedroom. I went to complain and they just wanted give us a rat killer spray which we can't use since we had to sleep in this room. Also had huge rats outside running around. We left that night but still charge for the room with a 500 peso discount. Very very disappointing, the last time my husband and i came here was before we were married, we came back to share it with our little ones. I really hope the owners will take this review seriously and fix this problem. Such a waste of a beautiful place.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2015

This place is beautiful. The best location on the island, a cute little pool, a nicely maintained lawn with a perfect view of the sunset and the stunning white island. The staff was very friendly and helpful especially the young guy in the evening. The room was big with a decent size bed that was a bit too soft for me, a flat screen tv with plenty of english channels, a typical small box ac unit, an enclosed shower with poor water pressure, and a big counter by the sink which was separate from the bathroom. The biggest problem I had with this place was that it would have had an amazing ocean view if they hadn't decided to use textured glass on all the windows which prevent you from seeing out of them. I can't imagine what they were thinking using that glass when the view outside is so great and the light coming in would brighten up the dark rooms so nicely. Very strange. You can open the windows of course but you will let in the mosquitos and let out the cool air. The room could use some hooks to hang stuff on as well. They have an excellent choice of tequilas in the bar. I would definitely stay here again, the island itself is incredibly beautiful, our favorite in the Philippines.

Date of stay: January 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rockabel
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Puesta Del Sol is a wonderful place to stay on the island of Camiguin. It is a very small resort --- only a handful of cottages --- but that is what makes the resort so special. It is not an exclusive, pretentious resort. In fact, it is homey and relaxing and embodies everything that is good about Camiguin.

The cottages are clean and well appointed, with cable TV, air-conditioning, hot and cold showers and very comfortable beds. The resort grounds are very well groomed and inviting, with well-kept pathways. There is a small plunge-pool, and the small, Mexican themed restaurant offers beautiful views from the patio of white island in the distance. The Mexican dishes are surprisingly good and decently priced.

The resort itself is near to other more well-known resorts, but I would recommend Puesta Del Sol over its neighbors. The value is better, and the size of the resort means you feel completely at home. As an added bonus, you can walk to the other small restaurants and pubs nearby --- maybe only 200 meters down the highway. Luna Ristorante with excellent Italian food down the road is a must.

Try to reserve ahead if you can. We got lucky when we visited --- there was only one cottage available when we stopped in. Around the island, try to visit the hot springs, cold springs and soda springs. The waterfalls are also nice and refreshing.

I would highly recommend this small resort, and would gladly return if I'm lucky enough to visit Camiguin again.

Date of stay: July 2013
4  Thank WanderingAboutAsia
Reviewed 14 January 2013

Had an amazing time here! The staff were all incredibly accommodating. It was reasonably priced, and we were the only ones there. We were lucky since we all spoke and understood the native language. We were able to bargain with locals, but it wouldn't have been the same without the staff. They were able to set up a boat to take us to White Island. They also helped us get a pedicab that took us to all the important sites in Camiguin. The rooms were very clean and they also have a computer that you can use, albeit quite old.

Date of stay: August 2012