Kurma Eco Beach Lodge
Balai sa Baibai(Mambajao)
US$90
US$75
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsyoga classesscuba divinghome away from homemantigue islandmarinevaleriesundownwaterfallphilippinesguests
Reviewed 13 February 2018

I was a little I unsure as I approached the place for the first time, but then the staff greeted me and I saw that it was a really friendly laid back place where you can feel totally at ease and comfortable. I enjoyed just hanging in the restaurant and watching the ocean for hours and talking with people. The food in their restaurant is awesome, fresh and healthy. The island is a jewel. Rent a bike and ride around to see the waterfalls, springs, volcanoes, mangrove park, and just spectacular views. Friendly people, great places to eat although I ate all but one meal at Kurma because the food is SO good. The trip to Mantigue island for snorkeling was so great. Beautiful reef life and even saw a small community of giant clams! The staff at Kurma will make you never want to leave. Robert is a truly righteous and laid back dude! His english makes me think he grew up as a surfer in So-cal. If you get lucky, he might play guitar and sing at sundown. Really people, you will love this place, I did not want to leave and I think about moving back to Camiguin. I can because I live in Cebu as an American Ex-pat. Camiguin and Kurma was just a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: I think room 1 and 2 offer the most privacy and a nice view, but they are all good.
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled solo
Valerie A, Owner at Kurma Eco Beach Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Thank you for the review Bill!! We will see you soon on the island... right? ;)

Reviewed 6 January 2018

Had a great stay at the Kurma Ecolodge in Camiguin Island. The manager, Robert, was very accommodating and upgraded our ocean view room to a family room because of issues with expedia booking and we are truly very grateful for it. He was also there to answer all of our questions as to where to go in the island. In addition to that, Kurma also serves great vegetarian food. At first bite, the Coconut Burger was to die for. Had many versions of coconut burgers but Kurma's is definitely the best and my favorite so far. I highly recommend this place for anyone who wants an adventure (yoga and freediving too) and for anyone who wants good food with a good and comfy place to stay!

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2017

I spent more than a week in Kurma (and a few days in a different dive center). This is a wonderful place to relax in, super people, nice room, great communal area with excellent food.
I came on my own, wanting to do some scuba diving and not free diving (their speciality). Diggy, one of the owners, was most helpful in setting me up with a scuba dive center I liked (Jonny's dive and fun). Valerie's private yoga lesson was exceptional, the whole staff went out of their way to be accommodating, creating a service oriented and fun atmosphere, home-singing and guitare included. Highly to be recommended.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Geneva1234567
Reviewed 29 October 2017

I was 3 days at Kurma and it was the best time during my travel to Philippines. It is truly a home away from home where everybody makes you feel welcome since you arrive there. The owners Diggi and Val and all the staff are lovely and they try to make your days at Kurma unique.
The place is cozy and has a special atmosphere. The rooms are very clean and spacious and have a nice bathroom with hot water. It is by the sea so you can enjoy its relaxing sound and the view all the time. The food they serve is amazing and home made, very tasty and healthy. I really enjoyed the breakfasts.
They organize yoga classes early in the morning that are very good. I did as well a day trip to mantigue island with other guest and part of the staff, we were snorkeling and we had a typical philippino meal that was incredible. It was one my best days in Philippines.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Everyday is the best day ever with kurma.
The owners are so friendly, nice, helpful, and funny!!! They make me feel home and laugh every time I talked to them. Their staff are awesome! I practice yoga with Kiki and she is amazing! We did yoga and massage lessons on the beach and watched the sunset. Best yoga retreat experience ever! It was small class and she's very happy to receive people's requests.

Trip to Mantique island was so wonderful and sea food fest lunch and zip lining. The island seems like a real paradise to me! Snorkeling there was so fun! Digi one of the owners knows how to plan for guests and brings guests to have the best experience ever.

Trip to the rainbow waterfall was surreal. It was a 1.5 hour walk. It was fun and relaxing. Jumping into the water and watching, listening, feeling the waterfall was a magical moment to me!

Trip to sunken cemetery was wonderful. I biked with the best yoga teacher Kiki there and we hiked up to the old volcano too. She took me to all the best places possible!

Everything was absolutely beautiful with Kurma and can't wait to go back to see them again soon! Thanks so much for everything Kurma team.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo