Newton House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Biggin Hall Country House Hotel(Biggin-by-Hartington)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
The Mousehole(Whiston)
View Hotel
The Lathkil Hotel(Over Haddon)
View Hotel
All reviewstissington trailpeak districtthe main hotelafternoon teayogurtfull englishmain roadpielady on receptionroad noisereception areatea and coffee making facilitiesspent two nightsnight breakroom was clean and comfortablevery pleasant stayan evening meal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have been meaning to write a review , we stayed in January and I can honestly say it was awful. Our room was on the front and was freezing cold the radiator was like warm and the room was exactly clean. We had to get into bed to get warm. The chap that served us in the bar , was then the waiter for our evening meal. We were the only ones in what was a very shabby restaurant and it was not the one shown on the pictures, I have no idea where that was! breakfast was ok and there were another three people in there.We did complain about the cold room and were told we should of said and they would of given us a fan heater!!!!!! All I can say is think carefully before you book.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
newtonhouse2015, Manager at Newton House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank-you for your review.

We at Newton House do everything we can to make a stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.
The Hotel has full central heating and the room you stayed in also had an electric heater which could have been turned on at any time. We can always provide more on request.
I would always recommend that if you are unhappy with anything, just tell the Hotel you are staying with at the time. Let them put things right and the guest enjoys the stay

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Booked this on Groupon as a Christmas gift. Unfortunately had to cancel due to very bad weather conditions. Advice from local Police was that the road was closed and not to travel. Hotel receptionist was very very rude and informed that we couldn’t rebook, she’d managed to get in and basically so should everybody else!!! However reception would speak to Management and call us back, no such call was received. Called back and got the same extremely rude woman who eventually agreed to rebook. My parents now don’t want to go as they’d feel uncomfortable and I can’t say I blame them.
Shame on you Newton House, manners and good customer service cost nothing. Judging from the reviews that’s another Christmas gift ruined!!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely hotel for a 2 night stay with my hubby. Hotel was situated on a main road but was surrounded by beautiful countryside. We had a room at the front of the hotel but could not hear any heavy traffic at peak times. The room was lovely and clean. Staff were amazing . A warm welcome awaited you on arrival. Food was delicious. A lovely relaxing break. Have booked another few days in June.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel was generally clean and tidy,however as our stay was a gift I can't comment if it was value for money. We stayed on a Sunday and were shocked to find out that the restaurant did not open on a Sunday evening. After mentioning it to the staff we were told that the hotel was full and that the restaurant would be opening,phew. It was full but did not appear to have a full compliment of staff to cope , the poor chap behind the bar was also the waiter and chief washer up. Once we were able to get into the restaurant we were handed a menu and told that we could have any starter but only one of the nine main courses were available , alternatively we could have a roast (lunchtime leftovers) or bangers and mash. Oh and there were no toiletries in the bathroom, we were handed these in the bar. The staff tried their best but were let down by the owners/management

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My friend and I stayed for one night whilst walking in the area .
A lovely warm welcome awaited us . Our twin room was warm and cosy with great comfy beds and beautiful white bed linen and towels . The evening meal was good plain hearty food . Perfect for hungry walkers . The breakfast was very good . Help yourself to cereals toast yoghurts etc . Cooked breakfast was lovely with good local ingredients . The coffee freshly brewed was lovely. We went on a groupon voucher . The value was incredible. I’m sorry that there’s no way they could have made a profit from us . However we would certainly return and I would recommend it in particular for walkers and cyclists . Thank you for a great little stopover .

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends