“Not Paying for Michelin Star Service”

Kulcha's Cafe & Noodle House
Ranked #30 of 389 Restaurants in Joondalup
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2017

I had heard mixed reviews about Kulcha's Joondalup in Perth's north, but went there with an open mind. In a group of 10, I was surprised when the waitress took down names, not to remember us, but to allow us to pay separate bills, a refreshing change from the "no split bills" policy a lot of establishments have. The bartender was "dour" but polite, he was busy concentrating on preparing other drink orders, but took my order in the meantime. I had a spicy salted prawns as an entree, which was crispy and well spiced, and had some slices of hot chilli in its presentation. My main was chilli chicken and a side of steamed rice, which was delightful. Not overpoweringly hot, plenty of meat and a good sauce marinade. The portions our group recieved were huge, and a number of us had doggy bags on the way out. The wait service was adequate and timely, the waitresses polite and well presented. Good value for money, and busy trade on a Saturday evening (we went early, and it got progressively busier as the evening went, there was a queue at the door for take away as well.) The prices paid, we were not expecting silver service, but that is not what this place is about. It was unpretentious satisfying Asian themed dining tailored to suit the western palate. The whole group I dined with were happy, and we would gladly return.

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

I have lived in Joondalup for ages and never tried this place!! Big mistake! The food was so delicious, cheap and hot. And $3 beers!! A must place to eat!

Reviewed 2 March 2017

We have been going to Kulcha for many, many years. While the food is still good I remember it used to be so much better. The flavours used to be more distinctive and of a slighter better quality. Having said that. I wouldn't complain, the food is still tasty and there aren't too many places in Perth where you can order a bottle of wine, two beers, two entrees, two mains and rice for just over $60!!

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

This is the best asian and thai foid in the area. Have been going here for years. Place is noisy and service can be hit and miss. But if you want great food well priced cant beat kulcha. Recomend the malaysian chicken curry my fave

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

My family and I have been visiting Kulcha for many years now and have always found the food to be tasty and great value. The spicy salted prawns, randang beef curry and sizzling Schezwan beef are three of our favourite dishes!

You can BYO beer and wine which is great or they are licensed so you can also buy drinks there at a reasonable price.

My only concern is that the service tends to be a bit hit and miss. Some times it's great, quick service, returning to check for follow up drinks etc. Other times it's a long wait to take your initial order then no follow up service and monumental efforts put into not making eye contact with you!

Overall the food and great value will
keep us coming back but it can be a little frustrating at times.