All reviews golf children town slovakia heart
Reviewed 25 July 2015

They are just not competitive, overexpensive for the service they pretent to give. As a hotel,, it is also overexpensive, even if it is a pleasant hotel, they are better place in Kremnica center. Regardinng the wedding, the service staff was hired at last minute, and were even not able to show us some access of the hotel. the wedding preparation was awfull, the budget was done in a very basic way, giving idiotic prices because they are not able to present the service cost separatly. At the end our wedding was pleasant and the food was good, even if the main dish get delayed by 45 minutes. But the most unpleasant was the arrogant behavior of the cooker (i am french as well I know what I am saying), interfering always guest, with unapropriate talks, insulting my sister in law because she is georgian, and telling us how much he like V. Putin. I understood very well from feedback of my guest that his goal was just to get my money as 'bourgeois' I am as he said to my guest. Golfer was also not able to deliver the jacuzzi (staff problem I guess) not neither to serve at 9pm something else than bread and jam to my father. At they end they don t care because what they want is money from conferences.

Room tip: Avoid this hotel, go to sleep in the center of Kremnica as Pension Veza. The price of the room are expensive for what they really are.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Benjamin S
Zuzu011, General Manager at Hotel Golfer, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2015

Dear Benjamin,

First of all, thank you for taking a time to write such a long and detailed review of our hotel and our services. We appreciate any feedback from our guests, we take it seriously and we definitely learn along the way. But let me take this opportunity to reply on your review.

I see some positives as well as some negatives. Thank you for stating, that your wedding at the end was pleasant and the food was good. We do our best to give maximum value to our guests. We pride ourselves on a quality French food, which is recognised by many.

I just hope you enjoyed our countless meetings before your day "D" on which we planned your day as a best day in your life, my advices how to show your french guests the slovak traditions, the full lunch menu tasting with your family for free of charge, the babysitting for your children, all the bottles of champagne that you could bring to our hotel and we served them for your guests, 20% discount of accommodation during your stay and all our time and effort to bring you the most beautiful day for you and your wife Zuzana. But, as you may know, you can't offer for your guests “Foie gras” and than save the money on all other meal because of wedding budget. I believe that after all, you enjoyed your day and let me wish you and your wife Zuzana all the best. Best regards, Zuzana Bieliková.

Reviewed 16 July 2015 via mobile

Hotel itself looks fine. Had to clean all the spiderwebs in my room before we could unpack. Typical Slovak service that never goes beyond money. Overall feeling was it was not quite worth the hype the ads present.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2015 via mobile

We have just spent a wonderful time in central Slovakia in Hotel Golfer - such a wonderful location from which to visit Central Europe. We were able to explore the local surroundings and travel up to the Tetra mountains on the Polish border, Bratislava and a short hop over to Vienna! So the hotel itself :-
Welcome : we received a very warm welcome at reception; a tour of the hotel and were shown to our apartments on the third floor .... Wow! The facilities were truly 5*! The recreation included billiards; pool; hot tub; sauna; indoor and outdoor play park; soft play indoors; golf simulator and a nearby outdoor pool. There was also a lovely bar; patio area and outdoor BBQ area
Restaurant ... Where do I start! One of the attractions of this hotel was the outstanding reviews of the Restaurant. As my husband is French we have enjoyed many meals in France but the cuisine here is as good if not better than you will find anywhere in rural France! The French chef is really interested in meeting the needs and requirements of his clients that the service is very personal and he takes time to come out and speak with the diners! The food was just devine and the wine was awesome too We celebrated a birthday whilst staying and the hotel went out of their way to make this a very special occasion

Finally this is just one of the nicest hotels we have visited! The wifi is awesome throughout too! Whether a family trip; a conference venue; a wedding or any special occasion - you should ensure to stop here. We will be back! One of my all time favourite trips. My thanks to the hotel owners and chef for such lovely stay

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2015

Kremnica - what a cool random place. And to have a golf themed hotel? crazy!

Quaint lobby with excellent staff - big parking lot - not quite a "short walk" from the booming downton of Kremnica, but still - close

Rooms are nice enough, spacious, and a good price

BUT

there is no wifi in the rooms! I mean come on!

And we didnt have a shower curtain!

Very weird. Id look somewhere else

Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 18 January 2015

Nice and quite hotel, and very good for children too!! The kitchen is soo good, with lot of experimences... Hotel have children -corner very close to restaurant. Average pool and sauna, but are clear!

Date of stay: January 2015