All reviews algonquin park cabbage rolls perogies marina lounge weekend winter bistro
Reviewed 30 August 2018

We stayed in Huntsville area on July 27/18 and I booked two rooms with Dorset Inn for July 28/18 and that day we were in nearby Algonquin Park and later headed to Dorset to our reservation. I checked our emails after hiking in the park and were dismayed to see an email from Nordic Inn they had sent that morning saying they no longer had space for us as they had over booked. Believing both rooms had been cancelled we went to Huntsville to find rooms to stay. I later had a charge for one room on my credit card as a no show. With both rooms booked on one credit card of course we thought both had been cancelled and even if one wasn’t where was the other couple to stay when we were in one car. I Feel I am owed a refund for the inconvenience but will be very surprised as they had no problem giving away one of our rooms.

Room tip: Do not know they cancelled on us the day of reservation could not recommend
Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2018

My wife, father-in-law, and I stayed here over Christmas for four days of hiking in Algonquin, and it served our purposes very well. The rooms were warm and well furnished, and the restaurant and lounge were excellent. Marina was charming, and her Siberian pierogies and cabbage rolls were amazing. We'll certainly be staying here on forthcoming winter weekends in Algonquin.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2017

We have a cottage near Dorset and this summer we had visitors from Australia. Our cottage having only 3 bedrooms could not accommodate our visitors and family. I reserved 2 rooms at the Nordic Inn for our daughters and their husbands so we could all enjoy the weekend together. My family loved the experience. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and they said they were treated like family by the owner. They raved about the experience and said they would recommend this Inn to anyone wanting to visit the area. We later took our Australian visitors there for dinner. The owner was very welcoming and we had a wonderful dinner. The owner served us a great home cooked meal. The menu was different, Ukrainian I believe, and very healthy. My husband had the coconut chicken (which the owner explained to us had benefits for the pancreas), I had the cabbage rolls, very delicious, and our guests had quesadillas with brie and mango. It was great. Try the Nordic Inn for cottage like accommodations and great food.

Room tip: Only 10 units, all very lovely
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2017

A good location if you want to do different activities in the winter. Right on the major road from where you can go to Cross-countrysklioing, Alpine skiing, skating or snow-shoeing right behind the Nordic Inn. The place is what you can expect at the country site: modest, clean and welcoming. The reception area, dinning and family room with fireplace are cozy. The hostess was very knowledgeable, pleasant and very helpful. I would recommend this place to anyone without hesitation.
Tanya N with friends

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank TanyaTravel_12
Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed just one night at the Nordic Inn. It was the perfect location for what we wanted and we really enjoyed snowshoeing around the local trails. It was beautiful in all the snow. The hostess was helpful and cooked for us despite us being the only guests. The food was good and we ate by a cosy wood burning stove. She helped us organise our trip to The Frost Centre, for cross country skiing, the next day too. The room was a little outdated but it was clean, spacious and warm and this is all we needed. We had a lovely weekend.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan C