Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Gracey

Punta Malabrigo Beach Resort Experience

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Dec 6, 2021
I love the place. Malinis ang beach, very relaxing. Aside from affordable, quality ang service. 👌🏻Mabait mga staff, malinis ang room, tent and ang pinakanagustuhan ko may sariling grill kami and lababo malapit sa tent. I love the duyan too. Thank you so much punta malabrigo. Sure na babalik ako with family naman.. Highly recommended 👍🏻⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️👍🏻
Date of stay: December 2021
        ₱13,837
      14.6 km from Punta Malabrigo Beach Resort
      Free Wifi
      View more hotels in Lobo
      See what travelers are saying:
      Selected filters
      Reviewed May 7, 2018

Punta Malabrigo should improve their booking process. I booked a weekend in June and asked if an early check-in is possible. The person I was texting agreed as long as I add P500 more to the usual rate. Since that was settled, I deposited my downpayment (P1,000) and looked forward to the trip. A few days later, however, they told me they cannot accommodate my early check-in, despite our previous agreement. So I asked for a refund -- however, they deducted P200 from the downpayment, a fact I was not informed of before paying it.

Whoever I was texting -- the owner/staff -- was unprofessional. I also thought the deduction was a scam; prior notice should have been made of their conditions. Overall magulo sila kausap. Will not recommend to any of my family and friends.

Date of stay: May 2018
      • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
      5  Thank Anna B
      Reviewed April 30, 2018

RESERVATION:

They have a Facebook page and had three numbers published. When you text any of the numbers, it takes too long before you get a reply, as long as half a day! I sent them a message via FB Messenger, it had never been responded to. When I tried calling the three numbers in the morning during office hours, no one answers. I finally received a return call early evening already!

There seems to be no established reservation process, when I asked how I would pay the reservation, I was told to just pay when I arrived. So I texted the lady I talked to again and required her to confirm our conversation via text so I can have something in black-and-white to hold on to.

ARRIVAL:

Thanks to Waze (and the signs provided by another nearby resort, Punta Verde), we didn’t have a hard time finding the venue. When we entered, the resort had dining tents scattered over the area and a solitary hut/makeshift store. I had to ask several guests where the “front office” was so we can check in. It turns out the makeshift store was the “front desk”! =)

ROOM:

The room had two double beds and a small aircon which was enough to cool the entire space during our entire stay. The room was clean, however:

- The mattresses were very bouncy/springy, already needs to be replaced.
      - The bed sheets were old, discolored already and need to be replaced.
      - The pillow cases were old, discolored already and need to be replaced. We had 4 pillows in the room, and 4 different pillow cases as well!
      - There were no cabinets, tables, or shelves inside the room. So your bag and your stuff will end up scattered all over when you start looking for your clothes.
      - The lock on the main door is not working, a hook-and-eye is all you get to lock the room at night.
      - There were corner lights inside the room, but the fixtures did not have bulbs.
      - The bathroom does not have a proper lock/door knob, again, you rely on a hook-and-eye to lock up.
      - The bathroom does not have a window, but an exhaust fan was present, it was not working though.
      - One of the shower knobs in the bathroom was broken, it looks like it had never been repaired for quite some time already.
      - The shower area does not have a curtain, so everything in the bathroom gets wet when you shower.
      - The bathroom had no mirror, but there were marks on the wall that there used to be one there. There was no room in the mirror as well. So how will the men shave, the women put on makeup, and all others fix their hair?
      - Toiletries and towels are NOT provided, you have to bring your own. We’re glad that we did, whew!
      - The room we stayed in did not have a TV, but I think the rooms in the newer wing has.
      - To lock the room from the outside, we were provided with a padlock and a key. However, both items were already starting to rust.

Before I forget, the accommodations we stayed in had a “front porch” with seats and a table. The entire family was able to lounge around after dinner to play cards and kill time before we headed to bed.

DINING:

They do not have a restaurant, sorry. But you can buy soda or drinking water from them. You can also bring food to cook, or fish/meat to grill. Grills and stoves are provided in many places in the resort, and they’re free to use. My wife brought her own ingredients though (cooking oil, soy sauce, pepper, etc.), I honestly don’t know if these can be provided by the resort. My wife also bought pans. There are also kitchen sinks scattered all over the resort, which everyone is free to use, provided you bring your own sponge and dishwashing liquid to clean up after.

BEACH:

As mentioned by all other reviewers, do not expect to find sand here, as this is a pebble beach. Standing on the shore, you’d find pebbles left and right as far as your eyes can see! The pebbles are roundish and smooth, but can be uncomfortable walking on if your feet are not used to it, so bring slippers, hiking sandals, or aqua shoes. Since the water does not stir any sand, the water is very clear! Plus, you don’t need to worry about cleaning up from sand (on your feet, on your trunks, etc.) after every trip to the beach.

However, the water becomes deep after just a short distance from the shore, a known characteristic of pebble beaches, so beware. The water was calm on our first day, but since it was a bit windy on our second day, there were waves present that were not there on our Day 1.

We also saw a lot of beach-goers walking around collecting rocks, you are free to do so.

Finally, there were also a number of hammocks scattered all over the resort, reminds me of childhood vacations in the province.

SERVICE:

The lady I talked to when I reserved the accommodations turned out to be the wife of the owner. She was very nice and accommodating. She answered all our questions and was overall very helpful. The staff were very attentive too, from the ladies that cleaned our room, to the man who helped us set up our tent for lunch, and to everyone else that worked there that we encountered. The wife of the owner reminded me of my grandma, ready to do anything for her grandchildren.

Check out was a bit informal too, honesty system to be exact. I think anyone can just sneak out without paying, so the resort should pay attention to this.

To close, cellular data signal in the resort (and the general area) was not that good. It was difficult making phone calls and sending text messages (both Smart and Globe). Data signal was almost non-existent, so don’t expect that you’d be able to watch Netflix or YouTube from your room. But for those of us who want peace and quiet, this may be a good thing.

PLUS:

- Room rates were reasonable.
      - Room was clean, and the aircon was cold.
      - The resort was easy to get too, paved roads all the way from Manila.
      - The owners are very nice people, very accommodating.
      - The pebble beach was a different experience. Water was cool and refreshing.
      - Setup of the resort has a homey vibe, nothing too modern.

DELTA:

- Make it a habit to reply to messages and answer your phone, it’s literally the lifeline to your business.
      - Install signs telling people where they will check in when they arrive.
      - Replace your mattresses, bedsheets, and pillow cases already, they’ve seen their time.
      - Repair/replace everything that is not working and/or missing in the room.
      - Consider installing cable TVs in the rooms.
      - Since toiletries and towels are not provided, consider communicating this explicitly to your guests. The nearest grocery/convenience store to get these things is about 10km away.
      - Consider putting up a restaurant, not all people are fond of cooking. Plus, since Lobo is a quaint town, there are no decent eateries nearby.
      - Require your staff to wear uniforms, it will be easier to identify them that way.
      - Establish a proper check out procedure.

Room tip: If you have the budget, go for the newer wing. The rooms are so much nicer there.
      Date of stay: April 2018
      • Trip type: Traveled with family
      6  Thank Elvin A
      Reviewed November 9, 2017

First things first. I'm rating them 6 for their service. Superb! They made us feel like their place is our home. This place was highly recommended by a friend so she and her husband took us there. They try their best to accomodate all your needs. If you bring your own food and you forgot a condiment or utensil, they will provide you. If you want them to cook for you, they will do it. If you want to eat the fresh catch of the fishermen, you just have to tell them the day before.

No wonder my friend has become a regular here.

The place has both fan and airconed nipa huts that I'm not sure I would like to stay in. It does not look comfortable and clean enough for me though I am kind of picky with my accomodations. The beddings are kind of worn out. Then there are huts scattered in the property where you can have your meals. I think this is being rented out also for day tour clients which makes me think twice about the security of the place. These two reasons, the hut accomodations and that the place' security, is why I'm just giving them a four instead of a five.

Nevertheless, it has a new modern accomodation where we stayed in which is more expensive but worth it since it is really in front of the beach and kind of secluded from the crowd. The room can accomodate 6 pax with two queen or double beds and 2 day beds. The bathroom is nice and modern and has two wash basins. Although the room is new, the linens and towels are old but quite clean. The bed covers, blankets and pillowcases are also mismatched. Had they used a newer and complete set for this accomodation, everything would have been perfect. During our stay there, another room is being constructed.

For those visiting this resort, do not expect a sandy beach because you will see only pebble stones in all sizes. I think this is the charm of this beach. It is quite different from the other sandy beaches. The beach is swimmable but you should be cautious because the current is strong. Overall, I would like to visit this resort again specially on a weekday.

Room tip: Get the newly built one if you have the budget.
      Date of stay: September 2017
      Trip type: Traveled with friends
      11  Thank serenegypsy
      Reviewed September 15, 2016

Not well developed though the beach is accessible with good paved roads.
      There's concrete cottages but even by its outside appearance and design, they do not look comfortable and clean. Surroundings looks gloomy, dirty and unkept.

Date of stay: August 2016
      • Trip type: Traveled with family
      1  Thank rtdino
      Reviewed September 13, 2016

I traveled solo and spent the night in this resort. I got a discounted AC room with free breakfast.
      First thing I did when I arrive is to visit the lighthouse, the Malabrigo Lighthouse or known as Faro de Punta de Malabrigo.
      I took photos and went back to the resort.
      I happened to meet the owner Tatay Johnny which is very humble and easy to talk to.
      The staffs are polite and very accommodating.
      There are lots of trees with hammock.
      The beach is crystal blue water, the long stretch pebbled shore is amazing.
      Not your ordinary sandy beach. If you walk barefoot the pebbles serves as foot massager, just be carefully because some pebbles are sharp.
      I also tried boating for a minimal cost, Kuya Luis the nephew of Tatay Johnny serves also as my cameraman😀
      The heat of the sun causes my skin a sunburn but when you're in the beach you can easily forget it. Worry later.
      Spent the day in the shore they have a little nipa hut where you can gaze at the blue water and have a pleasant talk with the lifeguards as well as with the other guest.
      They also let me try their own version of kinilaw na Tanigue for Free!
      Kuya Dading, husband of Ate Emily made it.
      I waited for the sunset, it looks like fire. A wide fire amidst the ocean.
      It really feels good, life's so simple. Sitting in the pebbled shore watching the sunset.
      I thought that time, life's so great. You just need to be thankful of the simple things and be appreciative. Don't think for mind the things that you don't have, be thankful of what you have no matter how simple it is.
      Tatay Johnny offered to tag me along on my way home, what a blessing I got!
      The place is awesome and the people are nice.

How to get there:
      1. Ride a bus at Pasay bound to Batangas Grand Terminal (fare P 157.00)
      2. At Batangas Grand Terminal, look for Balagtas jeepney and ask the driver to drop you off to Libjo Jeepney. Fare P10.00
      3. Libjo jeepney will pass by at SM across Trinity Church alight at the church and walk at back of the church where you can find the Lobo Jeepney Terminal. P7.00
      4. Lobo jeepney terminal will take you at Bayan fare is P55.00, 1hour drive. So don't panic. It will go through zigzag road, and will pass by many barangays.
      5. At Bayan, walk near the church or ask the local where the tricycle going to Malabrigo.
      It took 30minutes until you reach the resort fare is P22 only.

Room tip: Any room as it faces the shore
      Date of stay: September 2016