“Lovely walks in beautiful woodland.”
Review of Wendover Woods

Wendover Woods
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Wendover
Reviewed 4 April 2018

This is a brilliant hilly location for walking with adults, families, children and dogs alike: the slopes really wear the dogs out!

2  Thank PianoPaul
Management response:Responded 13 April 2018

Thank you PianoPaul for this lovely review, we're really pleased you enjoyed walking in the woods. Hope to see you again soon!

All reviews
"lots of fun"
"sunny day"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Took my son who loves highway rat nad gruaffolo, when been to stick man and gruaffoo trail over near Brentwood, nice trail muddy, I think the pack could have been cheaper, but great thing to do like rubbings, find the characters and make stick. A lot of work in area so be nice to see it when finished

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited here with our nearly 3 year old son for a mother’s day morning walk. On arrival we paid for our car parking which wasn’t too expensive and then made our way to the small restaurant area to purchase the Highway Rat Trail pack. The pack consisted of an activity sheet that you use to follow various items around the trail, a crayon, small pencil, string, a mask and some stickers, for £3 I thought this was a little pricy, maybe £2 . The trail was good fun for our little one as it wasn’t too long and very muddy with lots of puddles.
Picnic tables and built in BBQs are scattered around the area. Toilets are near the restaurant. A good morning out.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

A fantastically well kept Forestry Commission site. Several lovely walks in pristine woods and countryside. Well signed and maintained with an excellent café.

1  Thank DaveThomasLeicester
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 March 2018

I've been visiting Wendover Woods for many years. Its a great place to get out in the fresh air, to go for a walk or a bike ride - or a picnic or BBQ. The fitness trail is also good for a bit of exercise.

I visited in the snow on Saturday - had to park outside as the exit route has snow drifts but that was OK as I'd gone there for a walk - and this just added about a mile there and back I guess. There is a lot of work going on at the moment - I understand why as it can get very crowded at times and parking is an issue when very busy. Hopefully the additional spaces will resolve that. Occasionally visit the Cafe which is OK - being replaced with a newer bigger one which again I think is no bad thing given how busy it gets.

I'd definitely recommend go ape if you want a tree top adventure!

I've subscribed to the discovery pass for the last 4 years - you only have to visit a few times to make your money back in parking - and you can just park and go, rather than having to pay at the machine.

This place has become more and more busy over the years - I guess that's a sign of it's success and popularity. Hopefully the work that is underway will help with the parking - and hopefully it doesn't take too long!