“Highly recommended”

Borobudur Tours & Travel
Ranked #3 of 19 things to do in Borobudur
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A unique team with spirit of native wisdom, presents integrated sustainable tour and travel activities toward human relationship, enhancing local people quality of life and care of the environment. Our gain is to preserve culture and spontaneous activities that offer unique experiences. Our team is young energetic of locals, well trained and years of experience in tourism business. Our service covers airport transfers, comfortable air conditioned transportation and tailored package design. Group price and MICE services available on request.
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Our party of 15 family members chose Wiedy as our local tour agent after reading their reviews in Tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. Hadi Widodo, our tour guide, spoke very good English. He was clear and patient and knowledgeable. The bus provided to us was comfortable and the efficient air conditioning in the bus was welcoming after our hot and sweaty visit to the temples. The mineral water bottles that were always provided in the bus was a nice touch as well. My husband had to return early to attend to an emergency at work and Wiedy made all the necessary arrangements including a car and driver to drive him from Borobudur to the Jogjak airport, about 2 hours away - without charging us for it. That was very much appreciated. Thank you. We were glad we found Wiedy through Tripadvisor. Everything about the trip was great, we have no complains at all. Highly recommended.

1  Thank NamuraIPOH
"explain things"
in 2 reviews
"travel agent"

Reviewed 10 October 2017

I have mixed reviews about this trip as it was overall a good trip/service, but there were definite negatives to it. Perhaps my expectations were too high as all the reviews I read were wonderful.
PROS: Wiedy was very responsive and helped us plan a last minute trip, which was great. He responded to all my email within an hours time frame!
CONS: My concern was our driver, Rudy, as he did not have the strongest English so it was difficult at times for him to explain things to us. Even though it was a bit difficult to communicate he still drove us around very well and completed our tour.
The only this I was extremely disappointed with is that I specifically stated ahead of time that we wanted to see the Ramayana Ballet at Prambanan in the evening and when we arrived at the airport Rudy told us that we should see it in the city because it was the same performance (not true). I questioned him several times about why we couldn't see it at Prambanan and he indicated that it was going to rain and the amount of space inside at Prambanan was much smaller than outside and therefore we couldn't get tickets for inside. It did not rain (the ballet was held outside) and we were disappointed with the Ballet in the city center. Especially because we could have seen it at Prambanan, like requested several times. I do not know if the outside tickets were sold out and he did not purchase them in time?? But it definitely did not rain and I really wish we would have been more persistent on ensuring we saw the ballet at Prambanan.
Rudy also had another driver with him, who he explained was 'in training', however this person rode in the passenger seat the entire time, slept the majority of it and had very poor English. This did not negatively effect our trip, I just feel as though I should highlight it.
PRO: Otherwise, as I said above, he completed the tour well, drove us to all locations requested, added a few extra stops, was on time and had a very pleasant personality.

1  Thank michaela9762
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Wiedy responded to my email quickly and helped me arrange and confirm same-day tours to Borobudur Temple and Prambanan Temple less than 24 hours from my first email.

His driver, Budi, was punctual, friendly, and speaks English well. He was a good resource for info on Yogyakarta and was able to provide answers to all my questions about the area. He's huge on rock n' roll and music in general too, so chat him up. Budi picked is up early in the morning, so we could catch sunrise at Borobudur, brought us to a local restaurant for breakfast afterwards and before dropping us off at our hotel from a break, and was punctual for our pick-up for our sunset tour of Prambanan. He also dropped us off at Malioboro road (our hotel was somewhere else) afterwards, so we could grab dinner.

I'm terms of pricing, I asked around at a bunch of places. The cheapest drivers you'll find won't speak much or any English - and they're not even that much cheaper - so if you prefer to have an experience vs a driver who won't be able to answer questions or make adjustments to your itinerary on the fly, don't hesitate to book with Wiedy!

1  Thank Norm N
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Thanks to Pak Wiedy and his team we had a wonderful day trip to Dieng Plateau. Pak Wiedy was very responsive and helpful starting from booking. His driver Rudy was an excellent driver given the sometimes challenging traffic and road conditions up to Dieng Plateau. We would use the again.