“Short but Fulfilling Trip @ Jogja-25 to 28 Jul 2017”

Borobudur Tours & Travel
Ranked #3 of 19 things to do in Borobudur
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: A unique team with spirit of native wisdom, presents integrated sustainable tour and travel activities toward human relationship, enhancing local people quality of life and care of the environment. Our gain is to preserve culture and spontaneous activities that offer unique experiences. Our team is young energetic of locals, well trained and years of experience in tourism business. Our service covers airport transfers, comfortable air conditioned transportation and tailored package design. Group price and MICE services available on request.
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

My first brush with Pak Wiedy dated back to Feb 2014. I had read many good critics on him in trip advisor thus decided to contact him for my then upcoming trip to jogja on 28 Feb to 3 Mar 2014. Unfortunately the trip did not happen as the volcanic eruption destroyed many temples and roads were dusty and unsafe for driving and air was heavily polluted and unsafe for health. Pak Wiedy made an effort to contact us way before our trip and so we were in time to change our travel destination to our country.
Now in jul 2017, I wanted to make a come back and decided to book my tour again with Pak Wiedy and we are not at all disappointed this time! In fact it is one of my most unforgettable trips to date!

Our flight was delayed a fair bit and the luggages took a while to come out from the conveyor belt that 1st morning and Pak Wiedy and driver Rudi waited for us about an hour!gosh! They waited for us patiently and we felt so embarrassed...Rudi followed us throughout our 1st day and he is a very nice and humble chap no doubt his command in English may not be that good but after all both me and my friend enjoyed his accompany very much. As the weather was quite hot that day when we arrived, we were so thirsty at the end of day and we asked if there was any mineral water inside the car as we couldn't see any at all. Rudi quickly stopped in front of a provision shop to get us 2 bottles immediately. We didn't expect this so we were taken aback and greatly appreciated that gesture of his. Also he is a careful driver too! Thanks Rudi!

Our 2nd to our 4th day were with driver Budi. He is a very friendly chap too with a lot of patience and tolerance. He drives very carefully on the roads too despite having to answer to our numerous questions! He is punctual and polite and can understand English better. He came to our hotel earlier than 3.30am on our 2nd day morning to bring us see borobudur sunrise but too bad we overslept and were late for 15 mins. So sorry for the waiting, Budi and he wasn't displeased at all and just greeted us as usual. So nice of him!

In borobudur temple, we were guided by Fatah and he is marvellous. No words to describe him.... He is simply fantastic! He shared with us stories of borobudur and showed us where to take nice angle for our picture taking and where we should be sitted in order to catch the best view of the sunrise. His stories really triggered a lot of thinking and imagination over at our side and we were simply mesmerized by him. You can imagine it is so calm and quiet up there at borobudur temple and with his story telling it is simply irresistible. Many a time we felt we were really living in borobudur history! Not many a guide I think of from my past travel experiences can make me felt like this before. He is the one and only! From the way he speaks you can tell he is a very good natured person with good values and manners and vision for his future and family. Bravo! Thanks Fatah.. you have shown us borobudur temple is not just an ordinary temple but a temple deep with history and beliefs! I love your accent and good command of English. It is so easy to communicate with you!

In dieng plateau tour, we were guided by Pak Aar Wijaya whom is a senior guide there. He is a joker and a friendly man too! So much of jokes and laughter from this man! You never get bored with him around. I am impressed he knows practically everyone there! He greeted everyone from young kids to the elderly and he also showed us best places for picture taking. He prepared his own selfie stick for photo taking with the tourists too! Thanks Wijaya and hope you have already built up your own solid portfolio with all these pictures!

In Prambanan temple, we were guided by Pak Marsono. He is also very good with the story telling and explanation of the history that lies behind Prambanan temple. So vivid and live like. Again, we were being captured into the story again 2 times now! He also has a very good command of English and he is very fluent in Dutch too!100% impressed! There is simply no barrier to communication! I love the fact that he is multi lingual! Thumbs up!

Well applause to Pak Wiedy and his great team for this tour! Without you guys, we didn't know much about the stories of both Borobudur and Prambanan temples. No wonder they are listed as UNESCO sites of today! Seeing is believing!

Thanks for all the sharing and you have shown us what you have done for us for that 4 days trip is not just a job but a job done with passion and pride. We felt the sincerity in it! Terima kasih!

P/S: Hope there will be some mineral water bottles inside the car though....that will be even much better!

4  Thank Angeline Y
"explain things"
in 2 reviews
"travel agent"

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

This review is for the tour company Borobudur Tour and Travel and not a tour of the Borobudur site.

We had a vague idea of what we wanted but needed guide(s) and a driver as we were too lazy. We contacted Pak Wiedy after reading the reviews of his company on TA. We were very happy with the tour that he arranged.

Pak Wiedy responded to all my queries by the next day, if not within a day. As usual I had many requests and questions. Pak Wiedy was very patient in answering all my questions.

We had a tour of Borobudur with a fantastic tour guide Fatah. Borobudur is a must-see and you must go to Borobudur with Fatah! He grew up there and had loads of stories and information about the site. He knows the best places to take photographs and cracked a lot of jokes too. Definitely the best guide of our trip!

We visited Prabanam with Hari. It was kinda rushed cos we were trying to catch the sunset at Ratu Boko, but Hari did the best he could.

We also went to Sultan's Palace and Water Palace which I thought was just meh.

Pak Wiedy also arranged for us to see the Ramayana Ballet. We had VIP seats so we had awesome views at Row 1! I am not a ballet person and thought I would be bored but I really enjoyed this!

Our driver Sigit was a very patient and safe driver. Always on time (sometimes even earlier!) and accomodated our various requests for food and shopping and random questions.

Pak Wiedy also arranged our hotels; you can read my reviews of them on TA. All in all, a good trip thanks to Borobudur Tours!

Reviewed 8 June 2017

We were very pleased with every aspect of using Borobudur Tours & Travel! Wiedy was always quick to respond to questions, itinerary changes (by us), and arranging tours on other islands besides central Java (he arranged our wonderful time in Bali as well as our visit to Borobudur and Prambanan Temples). We had already booked our Komodo Island trip before contacting- had we not already put a down payment down, we would have used Borobudur Tours & Travel for that portion of our Indonesia trip as well.
Our driver Sigit (hope I spelled it correctly) was perfect- very accommodating, stopped when requested for photos or bathroom breaks in addition to providing interesting facts and Indonesian history. His English was very good - rarely asking to repeat anything.
He was waiting for us as we walked out the airport doors and was early for any pickups.
Thank you Wiedy & Sigit for such a memorable trip!

1  Thank Tony D
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Was very easy to organise with Wiedy- he kept in constant contact via email and produced a good itinerary for my priorities.
Rudi took us around on the day, even added on a lovely combined Hindu-Buddhist temple on the way.
He sorted out all the tickets and didn't take us anywhere we didn't want to.
Finally, as requested he took us to a traditional Indonesian diner to get an authentic taste of the local food (full of locals and not another tourist in sight- always a good sign).
Top work by this team - will happily recommend to family and friends. Keep up the good work!

2  Thank himster21