“the cake was extraordinary”
Review of HopsScotch

HopsScotch
Price range: US$4 - US$29
Reviewed 8 January 2017

I haven't been to sit in the restaurant yet - but intend too. Rather a friend recommended that I go there to get a birthday cake for someone who was gluten free. The service I got was brilliant. They took my order over the phone, and when I arrived there was an enormous cake waiting for me - a chocolate and almond cake made by their Chef. It only cost $45 for the whole cake. And we had 11 people at the party and every single person thought it was fabulous! And it was so big there was lots left over. Best value gluten free birthday cake i have ever had. While I was there I noticed the had lots of yummy cakes in their display cabinet for people in the restaurant. I am going back to eat there!

2  Thank RachelGreenTravel

Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

We've been coming to HopsScotch for many years and it has never disappointed.
It has everything you need for a relaxing coffee or a meal out with friends or family.
The tarmac area made for an excellent dance floor at a wedding we attended recently complete with twinkling fairy lights.
The new deck is fabulous with local beers, wines and a cider on tap.
Service is excellent and always with a smile. The choice of food changes with the seasons but is always cooked to perfection. Sebs' veggie stack is delicious as is the avocado bruschetta.
I cannot recommend HopsScotch highly enough.
It may be an effort to drive up to Karragullen but the peace and tranquility when you get there combined with the excellent food is well worth it.

3  Thank Jennifer P
Reviewed 29 December 2016

We went driving along Brookton Highway, Karragullen and saw purple signs which had Café' so we drove in and it was quite gravel and rustic. Wear more casual clothes and very casual shoes as it has quite a bit of gravel. There are lots of pockets or little alcoves. The café and most of the area is like you're in bush and very rustic. The new cook there cooks up a batch of cakes on a Wednesday and they are all fresh. We actually asked for a tasting plate which they had never been asked before as we couldn't choose. Around 3 cheesecakes and two other cakes. There was a large group of people already there having there Christmas party. Also there is a playground for children I saw from a distance. I found it relaxing very friendly, coffee was lovely and the cakes were pretty good. They didn't charge us too much and they were decent sizes for a tasting plate... You Should try it out.

Reviewed 14 December 2016

My daughter had her wedding reception at Hopscotch in April and they made it a very special day. A big thanks to all the staff and owners for the great time we had. Last weekend our boarder and his fiance had their reception at Hopscotch and again they did a fantastic job.
The venue had to be changed from outside to undercover at the last minute because of rain but that went smoothly and then drinks and canapes before the meal were incredible!
Then the meal which was scrumptious and served quickly and without fuss.
Thanks John, Chris, Seb (the Chef) and all the staff. You have outdone yourselves again.

1  Thank Steve P
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

The bush surrounds is nice and peaceful. Though you need to drive a fair distance to get it. The menu prices are reasonable. The food is what I'd call good pub grub with the reasonable pub grub prices and quality to match. The service was nothing special nor bad - it was satisfactory. Our meals came out as ordered and cooked as requested. There are a number of car park locations and trying the navigate from the rear car park to the front service counter was like solving an unsolvable labyrinth. Maybe this is designed to be part of the unique experience of visiting Hopscotch. Overall I'd say give the place a go - it might be for you - it might be a once off go, but it's interesting.