“What a wonderful surprise”
Review of IV10 Cafe Bar Deli

IV10 Cafe Bar Deli
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Fortrose
Description: IV10 is an independent, family run café, bar and deli in Fortrose on the beautiful Black Isle. 'Be it brunch, lunch or dinner or just a drink with friends IV10, a place to be enjoyed at any time of the day'
Reviewed 29 August 2018

Went for a coffee and was persuaded to try the Chocolate Brownie. This was amazing in texutre and taste.
The staff are so friendly and welcoming. Carafe of water and glasses brought straight to the table. This should be common practice everywhere but so often lacking. It is very clear that considerable thought has been given to the layout and offering of food and drink. Please go and try if you can get away from the centre of Inverness. You will not regret it.

2  Thank Briants

Reviewed 26 August 2018

Had a lovely piece of chocolate cake and cappuccino here and my other half recommends the tea. The place has a nice relaxing atmosphere and the staff are friendly and helpful. Would definitely visit again if we were in the area.

3  Thank melboodle
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

On a recent visit to Fortrose we came across this excellent cafe/deli/restaurant. You could tell it had only recently opened as the place looked so new. It was mid-morning so only wanted a cake and coffee. Well all I can say is if the main meals are as good as the cakes I'll have to make sure I come back. I had a slice of plum and almond cake, wow, just WOW. The pastry was superb and Mary Berry would have no fear of soggy bottoms with this one. The sponge was light as air and there was a generous amount of plum and almond; devine. The coffee was also first class and perfectly made. I will definitely pop in the next time I'm in the area and I may well try the main menu.

3  Thank sherington37
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

Stumbled on to this place while driving from village to village looking for somewhere to eat on a Saturday night, and though they were obviously very busy, they found room for us.

Customer service: probably the best I've ever had. So welcoming, so friendly. Yes we had to wait a little while for our food but didn't mind as it was freshly cooked.

Food: we both had ribeye steak. I have to say it's up there in my top 3 best ever steaks. Absolutely gorgeous and perfectly cooked. I had crushed potatoes, beautiful.

All in all, I highly recommend this gem of a place

2  Thank juec
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

This was our first visit to IV10, a great addition to the eateries in the Black Isle. It was recommended to us by friends. We weren’t disappointed. From the moment I walked in I could tell that whoever was running the place knows what they’re doing - it is evident in all of the detail.

The menu is the same at lunchtime and in the evening. It is not a big menu yet had sufficient choice. I had the fish of the day, an excellent plaice! My wife had one of the “small plates” - she thought it was overly simplistic. We had coffee and shared a piece of cake. My wife had one glass of wine. Our bill was under £40.

The wine (Australian) was excellent- we bought a bottle from their shop afterwards.

They don’t have many tables - I’d recommend going and booking!

We will go back.