All reviews swimming pool some parts of the hotel nice sea view two single beds nice room walk into town nice hotel other guests hill genoa
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

As a travel agent I’m very studious of places however this place ticked all the boxes in the wrong places ! When we arrived we were met by a car to take our luggage and shown through a gate towards the hotel , finding reception was like something out of the crystal maze ! I had looked on trip advisor saw the fotos of the pool and thought ok this is where we will spend our afternoon ! However when we actually got to said pool it resembled a septic tank ! I was horrified ! Rooms were basic but bed was comfy ! They were dated , however large . Wind rattled through the windows all night long , and I found staff rude and blasé! It’s not somewhere I would ever stay again and would definitely not recommend to my clients ! The funicular u need to take to get to the town is scary and requires a degree to operate it and when u do reach the end you have to walk a long dark dank lonely tunnel ! So for me I will not be returning

Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank AmandaBid
Reviewed 5 May 2018

Nice hotel I was there with wife and an infant , we were upgraded to a nice sea view balcony room , the rooms are big and clean and the staff is very friendly the town in general Arenzano Area is breath taking and the view is awesome but the hotel pool was not open ( too early in the season the said)

Room tip: sea view with balcony
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

We have found this hotel spontaneously...
...after visiting the others in the city...

For the price requested i would say that the quality of thw stay is absolutely good.

Huge rooms with bath, sea view, couch and essential furniture.

Location: amazing.
On the top of a nice little hill.
Just few minutes away from the noise of the traffic.

Breakfast: amazing view, good selection of fruits and different kind of veg milk for Vegetarian and Vegan.

Really nice

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Unfortunately stayed here for 6 days with a tour group.Hotel very poor run down and in need of update and some TLC very neglected outside broken and dirty chairs,black fungal encrusted showers.Trip hazards all over hotel,no hand rails broken and slippy path ways.ate out most nights as food not great and after finding beetles floating in my cereal couldnt face breakfast.Rooms were kept clean with clean towels every day but wardrobe door was hanging off and cigarette stubs on balcony.only way into town was by 121 steps and funicular that led you to a dark and wet and long tunnel that only the bravest would attempt with a can of hairspray in ones hand for protection.No positives to say about this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2017
2  Thank KATE60-61
Reviewed 29 September 2017

I had the misfortune of staying here for six nights as part of a group of 32 people booked through a tour company, so unfortunately I counldnt leave after the first night as I would have liked to.
If I had been taken here in the 1970's I would have probably thought it was great but this is 2017 and no way was this a four star hotel, I am being VERY generous giving it two stars! The reception area is very pleasant- don't be fooled by this.
I managed to change rooms after the first night to one that was not so depressing & had a wardrobe door that was not jammed shut.
The hotel is on so many different levels due to it being built in a hillside that there are steps everywhere and very few with handrails. This would not pass safety standards in the U.K.
The restaurant is open on one side which is ok apart from the pigeons flying around while you eat. The restaurant just couldn't cope with 32 people, they didn't have enough cups we had to wait for them to be washed. The big bowls of cereal were left out overnight & after witnessing a pigeon sitting on a croissant one morning they were a no no! Again the hygiene standards would not pass in the U.K.
I could list a lot more things but my advice is just DONT STAY THERE !!

Room tip: Near reception as they have had a makeover.
Date of stay: September 2017