“Worth the walk”

Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Greenodd
Price range: US$3 - US$13
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Great British baking with a modern twist, situated in the lovely little village of Greenodd.....Pop in, we'd love to see you!
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We’re staying in Spark Bridge, and having driven past the Bakery a couple of times, we decided to walk, despite the oncoming rain, to the cafe. About halfway there we were beginning to regret our decision as the road was particularly busy and the rain was getting heavier.

We arrived at the cafe, not too damp, and ordered a rhubarb and custard tart, and a lemon meringue cake, both with coffee. I'm not a big fan of cakes, that's more my wife’s department, but the rhubarb and custard tart was divine. My wife’s cake was also very nice, as were the coffee that accompanied the cakes. Sometimes, the coffee you get in cafes is bitter and nasty; the coffee here was really smooth and tasty.

The interior of the cafe was very clean and tastefully decorated. The young woman that served us was very polite and helpful. There were so many wonderful looking cakes, pies and savouries on display that it's a good job I wasn't hungry as I would've spent a fortune.

It was well worth the wet walk, and I'd definitely recommend this cafe to others.

TheBakehouseGreenodd, Owner at Bakehouse Born and Bread, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Thank you very much for your kind comments, I'm glad you enjoyed our cakes so much.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 17 March 2018

We have bought bread here a few times and it is very good and great value. This time we stopped longer and had coffee and cake which was excellent. The selection of cakes is fantastic.

TheBakehouseGreenodd, Owner at Bakehouse Born and Bread, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Glad you had the extra time to stop in and enjoy some of our cakes as well!

Thank you for the feedback, look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Just off the A590 is this superb bakery and cafe. Everything made on the premises and I must say the cakes are excellent. Serves really good coffee and choice of teas. I had an apple and cider cake which was so tasty. My wife add a very light lemon meringue. We also bought a very tasty sourdough loaf to take home.

1  Thank IAN O
Reviewed 12 January 2018

Since going vegan I've ended up eating far less pizza than should be allowed or is fair. We heard about the friday pizza nights here and ordered 2 loaded vegan pizzas. We let them decide the toppings...
We weren't disappointed. We were given 2 really big pizzas on a lovely thin base. Delicious tomato sauce and both with a really good variety of interesting toppings and very generous too. Didn't miss the cheese and the toppings were all held on nicely by the very tasty sauce. Best pizza in ages!

Ultra friendly service and really nice redecorated bakery/cafe area. Will definitely be back soon,
Thanks

1  Thank Mike W
Reviewed 11 January 2018

My daughter and I came across this cafe / baker by accident while driving near Coniston, I can't believe I have driven past so many times and never seen it before.
Fantastic food, great service, and even ( home made dog biscuits ) for the puppy.
A must for everyone to visit.

1  Thank DrBigJ