“Good food but puzzling wait service”
Review of Oscars

Cuisines: Scottish, British, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2021

First visit to Oscar's on Sunday and their burgers are fantastic, as are the fries and the side coleslaw. Best burger I've had in memory. But, I don't get what's happening with the waitress assignment. There doesn't seem to be a waitress assigned to a specific table - they just seem to randomly ramble around here & there so you get ignored and have to catch anyone's attention. When you get three or four waitresses over a lunch you also don't feel much inclination to tip them.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (498)

Reviewed 21 May 2021

Breakfast was amazing . Service was top class and managers Claire and Derek clearly must know what they are doing.

1  Thank williamdK7006CW
Reviewed 7 May 2021

Went with my fiance for dinner , after waiting for the re opening after Covid , we are very disapointed and wont be returning. Alot of food was not available from the menu The food is definatley not the same quality pre covid maybe there are new chefs? Starters were fine, the main course of fish and chips...the mushy peas were brick hard as if they had been overcooked. The fish was full of small bones. When we asked for replacement peas staff seemed unintrested never asked why? Ordered cheesecake and I would have got a better quality cheescake from Iceland. Was definatley shop bought, the biscusit base was non existant, the ice cream must have been in the freezer since first lockdown. Was hard and was full of ice. I did say to server about the cheesecake and she just said I will take it off your bill. Wasnt intrested in my feedback. Never apolgised and never asked if i wanted anything else. Pre covid the cheesecake was always amazing. Wont be back

1  Thank Goat44
Derek, General Manager at Oscars, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2021

Hello thanks for your feedback. I would love you to give me a call regarding your visit. 01294 604422

Thanks

Derek

Reviewed 6 May 2021

2 people in the group had to send food back that was given freezing cold. We were rushed to order desert as they were closing in 45 minutes! Service and attitude was poor - felt as if staff didn’t want to be there and we were an inconvenience. Waiting times for food was abysmal. Meals for the group came out ten minutes apart. They ran out of several items on the menu which was disappointing. Set up of restaurant was very basic and unwelcoming and there was food on the floor underneath the table when we arrived. Standards have dropped considerably since our last visit pre-covid. Food was ok, wouldn’t rush back. Hand sanitisers and temperature check on arrival. Covid guidelines were followed.

1  Thank sarahwI5389ZD
Derek, General Manager at Oscars, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2021

Very sorry to hear your feedback. After serving over a thousand customers since opening back up and all leaving happy it’s disappointing to read this.

I would be happy for you to contact me and take some more details from you on your visit.

Happy for you to call me 01294 604422

Thanks

Derek watt

Reviewed 3 December 2020

We had the pleasure to have a wonderful family meal here today. The service from Laura and Coinchia was very friendly and helpful, the food was tremendous and enjoyed by all three of us. The only downside was that it was very cold in there. ( not the food, that was very hot indeed) . Thanks very much ladies and of course the chefs.

Date of visit: December 2020