Open today: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM

from US$88.85
More Info
from US$106.62
More Info
All reviews elephant cave dive course dive shop open water great dive amazing experience instructor padi maria crete qualification novice briefing transfer
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 August 2021 via mobile

Staff was very helpful and friendly. Highly recommend for the first scuba diving experience, the guides always took care of us and adjusted their pace according to how we were feeling. The whole experience was great!

Reviewed 25 August 2021 via mobile

This was a great experience. Well worth the money. Our guides were awesome. The boat was great. Overall a 10/10 experience.

Reviewed 20 August 2021 via mobile

Beware: very unethical behaviour from this firm. We called them to book a dive for our son. Based on the information we discussed they said that the dive would be suitable. We booked. A day later they informed us that the dive was not suitable after all and refused to give us our money back. We are now in a dispute with payment provider and will escalate as a claim. They aren’t returning our calls or emails to resolve the issue. Stay away! Such a shame

Date of experience: August 2021
1  Thank Trek43754325332
OmegaDivers, Front Office Manager at Omega Divers Chania Diving Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2021

Hello, again Mr. Arnaud. Firstly we need to clarify that your statement that the dive would be suitable is definitely false and misleading.
We understand your frustration due to the cancellation fees you have been charged, but that does not justify at all your false and hostile review.
You have called us requesting to book on a specific diving program, which would normally mean that you are already aware of the program description and the diving skills required. Especially when this program is for your son.
It is also definitely required from your side, to have sufficient information on your son's certification level and the acquired skills. Even when you contact a professional provider, we advise you have accurate knowledge of the purchased product, to ensure your son's safety. After you made the online booking, you have forwarded to us the diving certification, on which we saw that your son is a very recent certified diver, with only 2 dives and no experience at all. As a Junior Open Water Diver, he should have already 4 dives. That was very important information, which we received after your reservation.
The easy, but not professionally responsible decision from our side, at this point, would be, to accept the booking and have your son on the requested diving program, with no further communication.However, as we strictly follow the PADI diving standards, and for safety reasons, we have informed you that it would not be advisable for your son to participate in that program. After your question, we recommended and booked for him another dive.
The cancellation fees have been applied because you have decided to cancel fully your booking, in less than 3 days from the departure date.
It is quite important to mention that the reserved diving program is fully described on our website, with details on the level requirements. Throughout our communication with Mr. Arnaud, we never hid any details of the program. We do expect every guest, who visits our website, to read all the information provided, along with the cancellation policy and the required skills. As in every business area, we cannot carry any kind of responsibility, when a guest proceeds, ignoring all details, terms, and conditions. So, we strongly recommend you to read all terms and conditions, when you proceed to reservations, as it is usually required and expected by customers. It is definitely not fair to ignore fully the cancellation policies or product descriptions and then claim fees by the companies or blame them for wrong information.
It is clear enough, that there has been no attempt of deception from our side. Instead, we tried to protect our customer, although you insisted from the beginning of our communication to reserve a program not suitable for your case,
Your attitude will definitely not change our professional standards and policies, while we fully disapprove of your act of posting false reviews on social media and booking platforms.

Reviewed 18 August 2021

Wasn't really Scube Dive for beginnners . . .

Booked two boat-dive days from the office in Almyrida. Really good experiences on both. Laurence & Frank were instructors on both days and were both excellent - felt totally safe. They set up equipment and changed tanks between dives. Lunch was great too.

Did the Elephant Cave and the Wreck on two seperate dives. Beautiful clear water on both dives and the Cave is something else !! Would defo recommed and will savour the photos.

Date of experience: July 2021
Reviewed 9 August 2021

I have booked the elephant cave program on your website a month before the date of the elephant cave program, and I have also gave you the address for the pick up on that day. On the day of the program, I was waiting for your car to come and pick up at 8:15 and I'm watching for the car at our balcony, I was expecting the driver will call me for the pick up but they didn't, at 8:30 I was callling the dive center for so many times until 8:40, someone in the call told me that the driver has already left, he told me to drive to the dive center by myself, so I drived to the office at Chania, and saw the office is closed, I called him again and he said it's the dive center at Almyrida and telling me it's too late to come.
after some days, I managed to rearranged the dive at 1st of August, the dive is really amazing, the elephant cave is astonishing, the instructor that is called "Laurence" is really kind and funny, I enjoyed the dive a lot. But the dive shop is a bit messy because that there's so many people, I did not assemble the equipment but they did it for me, the car left just in a second that I told the driver I'm gonna change my swimming pant real quick.
The driver had told me he's gonna send me back to the meeting point between 6 to 6:30, but for some reason we delayed, my mum was really worried and also afraid that we can't catch the ferry, when we come back to the dive center, you told me there's no car available now and asking me to tell my mum come to pick up, it's really far away from where my mum is at, and also it's far away from the port too, so my mum got mad because of that.
Overall it's a really nice dive center, but I think you should really give the customers a phone number of the driver so this case won't happen again, especially to Chinese, cause we accustomed that the driver should call the customers.

Date of experience: July 2021
OmegaDivers, Front Office Manager at Omega Divers Chania Diving Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2021

Dear Andy

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing our diving center for yourdive and for finding the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We would like toinform you that we have taken serious consideration of your comments and wefind it essential to clarify a few things that you mention.In the first place, we need to point out that our company is a diving center and not a private transfer or taxi company. In order to facilitate our customers' transportation, we do provide them pick-up service from/to our center, but not private transfers. There is a sequence of pick-up appointments in our daily transfer schedule and we are doing our best to make this procedure easier and faster, by confirming to the guests the exact pick-up point and location. You have obviously misunderstood that service with the private taxi service, but this is something we are not able to foresee. Actually, it is the first time during our operation that a guest is waiting for the minibus transfer in his hotel room.
Our driver had been waiting for you for 15 minutes and had to leave, as there were further pick-up appointments. A while later, in our telephone conversation, we advised you to come to our diving center on your own, in order not to miss your dive and gave you the exact address. You went to the company office in the Old Town of Chania. We still do not understand how we are responsible for that poor comprehension from your side. We need to emphasize that although we have kept a place for you on our boat trip that you never used on that day, we have not charged you any fees for that last-minute cancellation. Instead, we have found a place for you and rescheduled your booking, although we had been at the peak season with all our programs fully booked in advance.During your diving program, we have received numerous telephone calls from your mother, worrying about you. Therefore, we have indeed recommended her, to pick you up herself, at the end of the program, if she felt more comfortable with that.
We understand your inability to manage situations properly, due to your very young age, but at the same time, it is quite important for you to understand, that your lack of experience does not mean poor customer service of the other part.