“Wonderful Experience”

The Gallery at Laurieston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Gallery at Laurieston is the home of a variety of quality Scottish arts and crafts. It is also the showcase of award winning landscape and fine art photographer Phil McMenemy.You will receive a warm welcome and be surrounded by wonderful imagery of Galloway and Scotland. Images are presented in a variety of styles, sizes and prices from small mounted images to large installation pieces - however, one of the key aspects of the Gallery at Laurieston is that it allows you the opportunity to select the exact size and style for your home or business. Gift vouchers available, as is a cup of tea and a conversation. You will be welcome. Regards phil mcmenemy and family
Reviewed 4 April 2018

On our way to the Kite Feeding Station with some Norwegian friends we came across this Gallery and decided to pay an unscheduled visit. Gosh so glad we did!!!
Phil's warm welcome touched our hearts. What a lovely man and kind too insisting we have tea and coffee at no charge.
The art work was inspirational and even more amazing when Phil shared he couldn't see colours. Well well worth a visit.

Phil M, Owner at The Gallery at Laurieston, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Hey Nancy

Apologies for the delay in responding to you!!
Thanks for the review - massively appreciated. I love it when the gallery has folk in from across the globe, it show what a small world we live in that we can meet up and blether in a gallery in the middle of rural Galloway. I hope your Norse friends enjoyed their visit too! regards and thanks again phil

All reviews
"beauty"
"lauriston"
"capturing"

Reviewed 5 February 2018

A lovely gallery with an eclectic range of photography from classic scenes to wonderfully quirky abstracts. The gallery regularly hosts other local art work as well as the owners own photography. Complimentary tea or coffee and biscuits etc provided to all along with friendly chat and any help/advice you require. Absolutely no hard sell!

Phil M, Owner at The Gallery at Laurieston, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Hiya Scott
Thanks for taking the time and trouble to comment on your visit here to the Gallery at Laurieston. I hope you and your family enjoyed your time in Galloway.
I appreciate your visit and your commenst.
Regards, as always
phil

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

We stumbled on this gallery while exploring Loch Ken area and what a lovely way to spend an hour. We enjoyed the browsing the images but the huge added value was Phil. His warm welcome, enthusiasm to share what inspires him and discussing individual pieces made my day. A tip - search out the ‘less is more’ pieces. Wonderful!

Phil M, Owner at The Gallery at Laurieston, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Hiya 'peckrob'
Thank you so much. Your review and time is appreciated.
Thanks for the kind words regarding your visit.
'Less is More' always works for me, perhaps with the exception of talking!
You'll be welcome here again in the future
Regards
phil

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

We visited the gallery and were touched by Phil’s warm and friendly welcome......his art work is out of this world and we were spoilt for choice with pictures. Some stunning moments captured by his camera and pictures have emotions within them! Amazing place and we’d definitely recommend a visit!!

Phil M, Owner at The Gallery at Laurieston, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Hey Cali W
THANK YOU so much for the fabulous review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit - your description is special & means so much to me!
I guess we're all different and react differently to art but reading your review somehow makes me more grateful to be doing what I am doing.
philx