“Didn't live up to the hype”

Nurburgring Aston Martin Co Pilot Ride
Ranked #5 of 13 things to do in Nuerburg
Reviewed 26 December 2014

We arrived on June 24th (I think) it was bike only day which suited me down to the ground as we were touring Europe. I found the front desk, eventually and not a sole in sight. Wandered around and found ourselves in the museum tour, and found a staff member, who didn't speak English. fair enough I'm in Germany but hey, how about having the attractions in both. I tied asking two or three other staff members how to get on track and all shrugged. Now I don't know if it was because we got there are dinner time, or because it was bike only day but no one seemed to care or try and help.
The place itself looks awesome, museum was great although all in German including the films. I guess I was just a little fed up I couldn't get on track, having said this I hear that because of the weather, the first rain in many weeks the track was very slick and a few bikes went down.

2  Thank imar11
in 5 reviews
"germany"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 4 December 2014

I visited the Nurburgring racetrack in early October with the intent of renting a race car from one of the 2 or 3 companies located at the track that rent race-prepared cars for use on the track. Note that you can NOT drive your regular rental car from Hertz, Avis etc. at the track. (Read the contract - its' usually in the small print.) When I arrived Nurburg, it was beginning to rain and the track was already wet. I decided that since I hadn't driven the track before, nor driven the available rentals before, and because the track places about a $10,000 hold on your credit-card until you bring back the undamaged car, it would be wiser for me to take the "ring taxi". (The Aston martin Co-Pilot ride was not available as it has to be reserved months in advance!!) The track offers two ring taxis, a BMW M3 Sedan and and a BMW M5 Sedan. They will soon also have a Porsche Panamera AWD Sedan! I choose the M-5 and paid the 250-Euro for one lap with a professional track driver ("Theo") who claimed to have over 1,000 laps under his belt. It was fantastic!!! Money well spent!!! The ~21-kilometer lap only lasted about 10-minutes (the track record is just over 6-minutes) and we hit 178mph on the final straightaway. We seldom saw the underside of 50-mph even in the 21 various turns. All this in the pouring rain. I never felt like we were going too fast, and was able to video most of it on my iPad the ride was so smooth. I can't wait to go back and do it again, although if the weather is good, I will drive one of the rental 200hp VW Siroccos next time for 4 or 5 laps.

2  Thank Chuck Y
Reviewed 16 November 2014 via mobile

Very likely the fastest and quickest car on the track on any given day will be this n24 vantage they allow you to
Be a passpassenger in
Very short experience for the price but very hard to say it's not worth it
Only bad thing was the organization of actually getting a spot in the car
The driver was awesome with his running commentary of each corner or section

1  Thank Doondoonmcdoon
Reviewed 2 October 2014 via mobile

Worth every penny. Much more fun to go with a professional and realy go fast. Athough people get easily sick its just so fast