Fly a Spitfire - Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Ways to Experience Fly a Spitfire - Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar
All reviews beachy head bucket list once in a lifetime hangar tour dream come true ground crew barrel rolls an amazing experience taking control birthday present white cliffs two seater under restoration various stages fighter aircraft hour tour moment you arrive
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Christmas present for my husband he had a great time touring the hanger and sitting in the Spitfire really informative the guide cannot remember his name but he lived near the place and had some great stories to tell you could tell his love for the planes. A great day out and would recommend it. Visited on the 15th September Battle of Britain Day, Excellent and very poignant!

Date of experience: September 2021
DayTrip26783541269, front desk at Fly a Spitfire - Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Austin is a very knowledgeable and entertaining guide and there can't be a more poignant day to visit than Battle of Britain day. Glad you enjoyed your tour of the hangar.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

What a great 90 minutes!
The host of our tour made every effort to engage with my 6 year old daughter while she was there with her me on our tour. We heard interesting stories and met some fascinating people who were there to reminisce. Thoroughly enjoyable time, and thrilling to see the Spitfires start up and take off too! Proud to have this heritage our doorstep!

Date of experience: September 2021

The hangar and technical tours are unique as these are working hangars with what we believe to be the largest collection of Spitfires in the world in one place, along with Hurricanes and other warbirds being worked on and flights arranged alongside. The opportunity to see a Spitfire start up and taxi out shouldn't be missed but cannot be guaranteed.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Having been bought this tour in 2019 by my wife , I finally managed to go this week after lockdown. It was well worth the wait. Very informative and I also managed to sit in the cockpit of my dream aircraft a Spitfire. As a private pilot I’ve dreamed of getting close to what is the most iconic aircraft in UK history. Truly awesome, inspiring and the restorations are amazing.
I’m truly smitten and saving up for the ultimate which is a flight in one. Tally ho!

Date of experience: September 2021

Glad you've got the taste for such a special experience. Read the reviews about "Victory rolls" over the White cliffs and taking control of the Spitfire and you'll be set for your next visit. We look forward to welcoming for your "Scramble!".

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Actually taking the controls of the Hurricane whilst in flight was an amazing experience, as was victory roll by Anna during the flight.
Cannot thank Anna enough for making the whole flight a day I will never forget; in fact the whole team at Fly A Spitfire were superb and made the whole experience equally so.

Date of experience: September 2021

Thank you Wayne. It is such a unique experience as this is the only 2 seater Hurricane in the world we know that is flying, and to be able to take control is a very special and rare treat. Glad you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed 15 September 2021 via mobile

An absolutely brilliant day and wonderful privilege to fly in this iconic aircraft in the celebration of my 70th birthday.
The entire Heritage team from admin to ground crew and pilots clearly love what they do and made this such a special experience for myself and my family - something I will never forget. The roar of the Rolls Royce Merlin is still echoing in my ears.
The flight was awesome. Some of my family were able to share the experience at close quarters by flying in the AirVan chase aircraft. Two of my grandchildren are still brimming with excitement.
This is a thoroughly professional operation with safety being the number one priority. My thanks to the entire team for making this such an exceptional day.

Date of experience: September 2021

Happy Birthday! The cockpit photos and pictures from the AirVan will keep any fading memories going until your 80th,(Please see some reviews from people in their 80's), so we look forward to welcoming you back!