Fly a Spitfire - Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Ways to Experience Fly a Spitfire - Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar
All reviews beachy head bucket list once in a lifetime hangar tour dream come true ground crew barrel rolls an amazing experience taking control birthday present white cliffs two seater under restoration various stages fighter aircraft hour tour moment you arrive
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 August 2021

Really enjoyed the tour and seeing the old 1940s warplanes up close and personal.
Heard the sound of the Merlin Engines, and saw the Spitfire and Hurricane fly over Biggin Hill airfield.
The guide was fantastic with a wealth of knowledge.
A visit to St Georges Chapel is also recommended, a stunning place to remember the fallen airmen and women.

Date of experience: August 2021
DayTrip26783541269, front desk at Fly a Spitfire - Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2021

Thank you for your feedback, glad you enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed 21 August 2021 via mobile

My husband bought me a flight over Beachy Head in a spitfire. It was the most amazing experience I have ever had and I have flown in a few (Pitts, tiger moth, did a wing walk). The crew at Fly a Spitfire were simply wonderful. Their passion, their knowledge, their warmth and overall amiability made the whole experience one I shall treasure for a long time. It was a real treat and one I will always treasure. And to say it was an honour to fly in a spitfire is putting it mildly. I was humbled.

Date of experience: August 2021

Glad you enjoyed it and appreciate your kind comments about the team.

Reviewed 20 August 2021 via mobile

WOW WOW WOW. Had the sit in a Spitfire and hanger tour. Boyhood dream realised. Saw two spits take off too. This is a working hanger where they restore and maintain the aircraft. If your expecting a museum then you will be disappointed. Great experience and to actually sit in an aircraft that has flown combat missions and is a true British icon is a dream come true.

Date of experience: August 2021
DayTrip26783541269, front desk at Fly a Spitfire - Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2021

Fantastic Trip Advisor entry . Glad you enjoyed your time with us !! Sitting in the Spitfire with all these memories and history

Reviewed 19 August 2021 via mobile

I bought my husband a flight in a spitfire and the grandchildren and family joined us to watch grandad go off it was the most wonderful afternoon the spitfire team were so lovely one of the team called Ian was amazing with the grandchildren involving them where he could in the experience, Laurie took us on the hanger tour which was excellent the children loved it the whole afternoon was just “simply the best “ and something we will never forget and the most wonderful memories made for all of us. The flight for my husband was an emotional experience in such an iconic plane and Barry Hughes the pilot was superb. Thank you so much to all the team for giving us such a memorable day.

Date of experience: August 2021

Dear all, great to hear you all had a wonderful day with us here at Fly a Spitfire!! So pleased that all the generations of your family have happy memories of the day . Ian is one of our best flight deck crew members and has a wonderful way with people . The flight is a wonderful experience and is an emotional episode for people as they remember the iconic planes and pilots from that era. Thank you all for enjoying your day with us.

Reviewed 19 August 2021

My husband did the Beachy Head Spitfire Flight and I took a flight in the Airvan chase plane so that I could fly beside him. It was an absolutely magical experience and increased the overall impact for both me and my husband. If you are booking a Spitfire Flight, the Airvan for up to 4 guests is an absolute must and worth every penny.

The pilot, ground crew and support staff are superb and added to a fantastic, once in a lifetime, never to be forgotten experience. Thank you all!

Date of experience: August 2021

The Beachy Head Flight is one of the most prolific flights we offer it encompasses the most breath taking views and the airvan flight has to be experienced. We all pride ourselves on providing the best customer experience.
Thankyou for writing in.