“Lamb was wonderful”

Ranked #6 of 145 Restaurants in Los Alcazares
Price range: US$6 - US$21
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A family owned restaurant since 2012 offering daily fresh and homemade food with a friendly,welcoming service and inviting atmosphere.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We went here for our meal as they are rated 4th on Tripadvisor and we didnt fancy eating Italian which is rated 2nd and round the corner. As a Chef i cannot fault the taste or presentation of the food and although slighty pricey we enjoyed it. We both opted for lamb I got the herb encrusted and the missus the lamb shank. I am marking it down from 5 to 4 for 2 simple flaws... and to be honest if i could have only marked down half a point I would have... My first point is my food was served on a metal platter and it was stone cold which meant i had to eat faster than i would have liked ... maybe chef forgot to heat plate?? and second was the condiments... sachets of sauces??? That Really detracted from the feeling of being pampered.... But all said and done was a lovely meal and would definately go back

2  Thank Robert G

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Great food enjoyed with good friends, really good atmosphere and the staff were pleasant.We will return .

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Had food there twice, first time a steak and it was lovely, second time I had steak pie and found it to full of meat that had lots of grizzle on it, I won’t be ordering that again. I will try it again in the summer and try something different

2  Thank _debsbusbymccarthy
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I cannot review the food because 3 times in the last 6 months we have been refused a table when l turn up.with my son. He is 4 and not that they would know he is well behaved If the are an adult only restuarant thats fine but say so..just been there this evening during Easter break early enough...guess what no table. Asked if l.could book and was told oh some night next week....seriously.... just not good enough in a resort that prides itself on making families welcome. It is utterly unfair that I and my son are judged because of his age.... Cannot stress how annoyed l am

3  Thank Alison725
Eszter Oroszi ., Owner at Bistro Heming-way, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Hello Alison 725
I am really sorry about your frustration. Must be difficult to handle when you are being turned away not for the first time in an extremely busy restaurant when you walk through the door without reservation and asking for a table.
The evening in question was Thursday March 29th. 3 of you have arrived to the restaurant around 8.15 in the heat of the peak hours. We had no tables available at that point and yes the restaurant was fully booked until Monday as I was trying to explain it to you.
Several guests have witnessed when I was offering you a table for Monday, or any other day the following week, but you did not even listen, did not even let me try to find a solution but walk out on me. I am sorry to say but the fact that I could not give you a table has nothing to do with your 4 years old son.
Just for the record, that evening we have served 86 customers, including 15 children. We have also hosted a birthday party for an 8 year old boy. Last year we have served in total 1650 portions of kids food, most of the families are returning customers for many years. You can hardly label us family unfriendly.
There are several ways to reserve a table at our restaurant. Most people do so, sometimes way in advance, knowing how busy we are especially during school holidays.
It takes much less effort to send us an email or to pick up the phone asking for availability then writing a negative review over something which could have been solved if you are willing to cooperate.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Just had a fab meal, place was full but service was excellent. Eszter told us about new dishes on menu, tried the new prawn starter and the Tournedos Rossini both of which were superb! Can’t wait to visit again.