Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,898 results
All reviewsgolf coursecocktail barpentland restaurantplay golfbeautiful hotelleisure clubmain restaurantpark and rideafternoon tealong weekendthe main housepublic areasleisure facilitieschanging roomstwo double bedsbeautiful groundsbirthday treat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful castle surrounded by the greens of a golfcourse. Time stood still in this castle, nice for the entrance and the breakfast area with the cocktailbar...amazing view towards the green open space behind the hotel...unfortunately time also stood still in the rooms: rather small and ugly..rooms really need a refurbishment! Too Many stairs up and down and long corridors towards the rooms...looks like a labyrint. Carpet everywhere ;((, small bathroom with a shower in the bath. Always too cold or too warm in the rooms...airco does not work very well. Large buffet breakfast, big choice of hot dishes..friendly Staff. Reception Staff unfriendly and short.
Big gym/ swimming pool in a separate building. Restaurant serves good food.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
Dirk B, Director of Operations at Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Els D, you for sharing your feedback with us, I am sorry to hear your where somewhat disappointed with your overall experience, we are always looking at ways to enhance our guest experience and we will take your comments on board and share with our team, I was delighted to read that you found you enjoyed our breakfast offering and found our restaurant team friendly. Again, thank you for taking the time to write your review. Kind regards Dirk

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited in February of this year (2018). Room was clean, but not particularly warm. The public rooms did not appear to have any heating. At dinner my husband and I were sitting by a full length window and the cold was awful. The couple at the next table also complained of the cold, as did all of those seated in the same area. I should point out that the gentleman at the next table was a farmer and he claimed that he was used to the cold, but found the cold in the dining room difficult to handle. The service was unbelievably slow, we had to wait 53 minutes between the starter being cleared and the main course arriving. Again, a long wait for dessert. We were so cold we decided not to have coffee - the thought of waiting for the coffee to be served in the cold was not pleasant. Walking through the reception rooms was also a cold experience. We have stayed at Dalmahoy on many occasions and this was the first time we have experienced such cold and such poor service. A real pity as it's a beautiful hotel in a stunning location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking parkland
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roxanabrown
Dirk B, Manager at Dalmahoy Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Roxana,

thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and please accept my sincere apologies for the cold you experienced that night. This was due to a problem with the heating system that occurred that evening and the team that evening tried their best to make the situation as bearable as possible. This fault has since been rectified. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back at some point in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

why do these large country hotels not give any consideration to their visitors who arrive as couples when they host weddings! We arrived and were given an upgrade to a family room, which I think was an exchange for:

1. Not being able to use the main restaurant all night as it was being used by the wedding guests.
2. The cocktail bar being overrun with wedding guests so we couldn’t get a drink there, despite them having a whole room allocated to them for their event.
3. The pool and spa area so busy it looked like a public baths
4. The only other bar overrun with wedding guests watching rugby with the TV so loud you couldn’t hear yourself speak....

So, we went to the only other eatery, the brasserie for a meal at 5.30pm because we were told any later and we wouldn’t get in,to be given a table pulled from the back of the restaurant to seat us right next to the till at the front!

If this evening had been a special night for us and we turned up to be told we could not use the restaurant, as another couple were, I would have made more of a scene at reception. As however I booked it for a stopover on our way home and they upgraded our room, I did not. I am not unhappy a wedding took place here, I am unhappy these hotels do not have the decency to tell you when you book that they are holding a wedding that will engulf all the facilities because not all hotels do...some have very separate areas.

I thought the hotel was really nice, more so if we could have had an evening drink and dinner rather than spending most of the night in our room watching TV for which we paid well over £120 for the room.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mordy1960
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Lovely hotel the grounds and scenery are beautiful,the staff are very friendly and helpful great leisure centre.
The cocktail bar is very relaxing and has a good range of drinks. The only downside is the brassiere your told you don't have to book so when you turn up you've got no chance of getting a table because it is mobbed,they give you a time and that's not realistic,then when you get seated they didn't come near us for 20 minutes so I would definitely steer clear.

Stayed: March 2018

Dear Bigflag66,

thank you for your review and I am sorry to hear about your experience in the Brasserie. I do hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for just 1 night and absolutely adored it. The customer service was excellent. The hotel was a bit late preparing our room and gave us a drink voucher and upgraded us to a king size bed. The rooms are so comfortable and cozy and the scenery around the hotel is exquisite.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Evelyn_Lena,

thank you so much for your lovely review. It is great to hear you had a wonderful time. Please come and visit us again very soon.