Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Velocity 2

Wow loved it! Such a great experience one to tick off the bucket list would defo recommend, staff... read more

Reviewed yesterday
2020rev
Wonderful experience, staff were excellent and went above and beyond to make our visit just excellent!

We travelled from Manchester, having booked the Velocity 2 experience to celebrate our brother’s... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Zed-not-ded
Manchester, United Kingdom

3,976 results
All reviews felt safe amazing experience great fun velocity height safety exhilarating activity briefing wires quarry adrenaline helmets instructions harness descent cafe
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile
Review of: Bounce Below

I booked this for my dad & boyfriend as a voucher for Christmas as we are approx 5.5 hours away so was planning a trip.
Once Covid restrictions lifted & allowed us to travel, we booked straight away!
It was absolutely brilliant.
staff were friendly & helpful & easy check in.
Felt safe the whole time, so many checks of the harnesses to make you feel secure & Covid guidelines followed.
Both zip lines were great & loved the little one first to get you excited for the second!
Couldn't recommend it enough. Would love to do it again.

Date of experience: May 2021
ZipWorldABC, Adventure Consultant at Zip World, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Abi,
Thanks for the kind words! It really means a lot to us here at Zipworld that you've taken the time to write about your experience on site!

The Fforest site is great for those travelling with younger adventurers but will keep even those just young at heart entertained- If you would like to book in with us please don't hesitate to call the booking office on 01248 601 444 and one of the team will happily walk you through to your next adventure filled day! Don't forget we have 3 sites across North Wales, and 1 site in South Wales each with their own set of adventures.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile
Review of: Bounce Below

Such a fabulous experience! Great atmosphere & friendly staff. Well behaved doggo’s were allowed.

Drinks and food available and very nice.

Date of experience: May 2021
ZipWorldABC, Adventure Consultant at Zip World, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Catherine,
Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience on site.
It means a lot to us here at Zipword that you have taken the time to do so!

Now that you have taken flight on Velocity2 why not head underground and take on Caverns - Fly, climb and traverse your way through our unique underground course in a slate mine disused for the past 200 years; if you’re up to the challenge that is! Don't worry, you don't have to complete the tightrope if you don't want to! There's another route!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Review of: Bounce Below

Velocity 2: Well organised, simple booking in process. Staff extremely helpful, time and patience to explain, good customer service ethos. Covid protocols being observed and clearly displayed.Safety issues well explained, regular checks at all stages on personal equipment. Will be definitely going again. Downloading video and photos simple especially for Android devices. Apple users need to download the app.
On day of visit reception was well staffed dealing with customers booking in, there was a queue which was onlly to be expected. However felt somewhere/someone in reception designated to answer queries after registration or persons arriving to have a look ask questions about the experience before booking would have reduced numbers queuing.

Hi,
Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience on site.

Its great to hear you enjoyed your adventure filled day!

We put a lot of thought into how we could operate post Covid-19, so I'm glad that all the precautions we put in place are prevalent. Our instructors are trained to the highest standards in terms of safety to ensure you not only get the best out of your day, but do it all in the safest way possible. It's good to know that our instructors are friendly and personable as well as safety conscious.

The Fforest site is great for those travelling with younger adventurers but will keep even those just young at heart entertained- If you would like to book in with us please don't hesitate to call the booking office on 01248 601 444 and one of the team will happily walk you through to your next adventure filled day! Don't forget we have 3 sites across North Wales and 1 site in South Wales each with their own set of adventures.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Review of: Bounce Below

I have just come of the phone with the booking office organizing and booking 34 bookings. This took an 1hr with getting the times correct in between activities and me needing lots of advice. A young lady called Maisy assisted me with this booking and she was sooooo helpful and patient. Maisy took all the stress of getting the booking correct away from me in such a lovely manner. I credit to Zip World! Thank you very much Maisy we can not wait now until August

Date of experience: May 2021
ZipWorldABC, Adventure Consultant at Zip World, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Gavin,
Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words!

It means a lot to us here at Zipworld that you would take the time to write about your experience.

We pride ourselves on our customer service here in the booking centre, and we will always do our best to assist in any way we can.

Its great to hear Maisy was able to help walk you through the booking process to your adventure filled day!
I will pass on your kind words to the management team - and to Maisy too, who im sure will be pleased!

If you would like to book in with us please don't hesitate to call the booking office on 01248 601 444 and one of the team will happily walk you through to your next adventure filled day! Don't forget we have 3 sites across North Wales each with their own set of adventures.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile
Review of: Bounce Below

Came here on Sunday 9th May as two adults and two teenagers. We did Velocity 2 after visiting the Fforest site for the Fforest Coaster and Skyride. I will do a separate review for them.

Firstly after driving over 3 hours to come to North Wales, once we had checked in I received an email regarding the weight restriction changing from 120kg to 100kg. This is very poor to tell people once they have probably arrived after a long journey and it meant that one of the teenagers had to sit out. Yes I can understand the weather in Wales but why have you not built a ride to withstand such changes? Seemed that lots of men were being turned away on-site too. The staff at Fforest were polite about sorting the problem out and we chose a refund for that 1 person in the end. But what a massive shame he had to sit in the car for nearly 2 hours on his own.

Secondly, the price is extortionate for what this is. £300 for 4 people on 2 zip lines. That’s a few days of adventure trips in Mexico that include more than 1 big and 1 little zip. I wouldn’t say there is anything special about this place to justify the cost. I personally found Velocity rather boring, ok the other two enjoyed it but if you’re like me and you’ve done other giant zip lines abroad you’ll find this dull. I definitely did not reach 100mph, in fact I felt like I was going at snails pace with a full set of flags on my back. It slowed me down too much.

Thirdly upon arrival it was rather disorganised and led to people cramping up inside the building waiting to check in. We also had 2 cameras booked for the 2 lads, 1 of which was no longer joining us. After calling up the booking centre the refund was not clear if 1 of the cameras was cancelled on the email. Upon arrival we stated we only want 1 camera, then they forgot to put his wristband on until I asked about the camera situation. I still don’t think he has received his video yet despite it now being 2 days later.

The lorry situation taking you to the top of the quarry is rather dire. My mum’s seatbelt literally fell to pieces and the amount of people crammed into the truck meant you weren’t even 50cm apart. That is not Covid safe and it’s clear you haven’t reduced numbers.

So overall I’ll be giving this a miss in the future. Good as a one off, but the price and dullness of Velocity means that once international travel reopens I’ll be heading abroad where you get more value for money (and it’s still safe).