2 people are viewing this hotel
$86
Hotels.com$102
Trip.com$91
Priceline$98
All reviews rooftop bar pride rock infinity pool boutique hotel king room duty manager breakfast buffet mini bar during happy hour beautiful sunset el nido island hopping watching the sunset the hotel manager amazing hotel pool side visit coron
Selected filters
Reviewed May 26, 2022

Definitely a keeper! Superb, warm and friendly hotel staff, all of them! I soo love The Funny Lion Family!

The overall hotel vibe is definitely relaxing, homey, and nature-friendly. Food is deliciously satisfying and serving is generous. And oh, the tagbanua coffee is to die for!

But most of all, all the staff are respectful, warm, polite and very accommodating!
We felt the warm and wonderful care the hotel staff rendered to me and my husband everyday.

And we love the gifts and themed room dress up they prepared for his birthday!
Mike, the hotel manager gives attention on how they can make our stay even more special, checks on us constantly! We really felt special!

Surely we will go back to The Funny Lion when in Coron!
We recommend this hotel, and give an A++ rating.

Reviewed May 24, 2022 via mobile

boutique hotel with excellent service. the staff were extremely friendly & approachable. they made sure our stay was as comfortable as possible. little extra touches (daily welcome drinks, welcome gift, packed towels & water for the tours, etc) made it extra special. the location is a bit far from the city proper but it’s only about 5-8 min trike ride.

Room tip: try to book the rooms by the pool & book the airport transfers with them directly (just a little bit more than booking outside)
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2022

My friends and I loved this boutique hotel -
Clean and well-maintained
Food was delicious
Service was excellent
Good management
I highly recommend this place to stay in Coron.
Worth every penny.
You won’t regret your stay.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2022 via mobile

The funny lion hotel is a wonderful little hotel just outside coron town. We stayed for four nights, and were blown away by the friendly and helpful staff. The hotel is very clean, the service is outstanding, and the food and drinks are great. We especially enjoyed the rooftop bar with a fantastic view of the sunset.
I would only like to mention one drawback: the rather spotty and slow WiFi made it impossible to stream or download video except over mobile internet.

Room tip: Poor internet/WiFi
Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2022

Earlier in our trip to the Philippines, I fell ill with a nasty bug, so our stay at the Funny Lion was slightly spoiled - all I can say is that I was glad to be in such a clean, comfortable and spacious room. The staff look after us very well indeed and the kitchen were very helpful adapting meals for me whilst I was ill.

The resort is well looked after and had bags of personality, lots of little novel touches to make our stay enjoyable. The staff clearly make a lot of effort to make guests feel welcome.

The highlight has to be the rooftop bar with twin hot tubs; the view over the bay for sunset is stunning.