Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Sweetjaey
Springfield, Virginia

Affordable and clean, good for travelling family...

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 2, 2019
This hotel is clean,affordable and our family enjoyed all the amenities. I love their food too! My husband and I enjoyed the sauna everyday after the busy activities exploring Coron. Our kids had fund during our stay, we'll definitely go back!
Date of stay: August 2018
    ₱7,940
3.8 km from Coron Westown Resort
Restaurant
View more hotels in Coron
All reviews premium room per person family room buffet breakfast tricycle ride live band pool side bottled water pools town tours resto
Selected filters
Reviewed June 19, 2019 via mobile

Admittedly the hotel looks great on the outside and has an impressive pool area. The pictures you’ll see make this place look inviting and relaxing: and depending on your standards it will be. Alas, I was not impressed.

Food:
The buffet breakfast is sub-par. To describe the presentation as mere abandonment would be kind. The staff themselves are not attentive and avoid eye contact under penalty of actually having to do their job. However this said some of the staff are very friendly. The evening dinner menu is a little better.

Rooms
In drastic need of an overhaul. A new paint job to start. The shower grouting is in need of cleaning and the air conditioning units in both rooms kept freezing at night leading to rooms feeling like the jungle.

Elevators
When we arrived we were under the impression one of the elevators was out of order - no big deal, these things happen. But no. They just didn’t bother to turn one of them on. The hotel is actually a bit of a maze so trying to figure out how to get around it when you don’t have an elevator (which would only service the ground floor if someone from the fourth floor travelled there - I’m not making that up. Utter Faulty Towers stuff) was exceptionally frustrating.

Shop
Chocolate is not something they sell. Bottle water is a necessity here. The water is most certainly unsafe to drink.

TV stations
Excellent selection. When the TV decided to cooperate with the remote control.

Music at night
The bar area had some great acoustic music most night. Late one night they seemed to let some American Idol hopefully loose on the microphone - do not give up the day job. It was painful and I retired to an early bed to sleep on pillows which at first glance look like clouds but are in fact clouds full of hailstones.

Smoking
Whilst it is banned in the rooms it’s allowed everywhere else including the ‘corridors’ of the hotel and balconies - supported by the provision of ashtrays (I haven’t seen one of them in a hotel in at least a decade).

This hotel is good for an overnight stay. I wouldn’t recommend it for longer than that.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank stevecR2717LG
Reviewed June 15, 2019

We were picked up by a shuttle bus from the airport and arrived at the hotel after a 20-25 minute ride. I was initially impressed by the open, breezy, tropical ambiance of the lobby and surrounding areas (pool, bar, etc). We were given refreshing welcome drinks upon arrival. The room my family was assigned to had a musty smell. Someone came with an air deodorizer, which helped. Rooms were nice and spacious, with balconies overlooking two big pools.

We had dinner at the hotel restaurant, and had the breakfast buffet there the next couple of days. We would have wanted to try other local restaurants but because of the distance of the town to the hotel, it was a bit of a hassle to go out to dinner after an exhausting day, so we ended up eating most of our meals at the hotel. The hotel is conveniently located when coming in from the airport because it is in the outskirts of the town; however, guests have to use public (or private) transportation (maybe a 15-minute tricycle ride) in order to go into town to shop, eat, or do tourist-y activities.

WiFi is free only at the lobby; and even then it was rather spotty. Go to the lobby early or stay late (when there are not as many people around) to get a better connection.

Staff members we met were all friendly.

The hotel had a small fitness room that my daughter and I were able to use one morning. One of the pools was available for use but the adjoining pool was being worked on at the time.

After our second day, four out of six members of our party came down with some kind of stomach bug in different degrees, which caused us to miss a day of sightseeing (*sigh*). We could only guess it must have been because of something we ate at the restaurant the night before. I don't think anyone said something to the front desk; however, reading other people's reviews makes me wonder now if this is a regular occurrence and perhaps needs to be brought to the attention of the hotel manager as well as the kitchen manager.

Overall, Westown Coron is a hotel with nice amenities and I think reasonably-priced. Because of our experience with the stomach bug and the distance from town, if I had another opportunity to visit Coron, I would probably stay at another hotel just to see how it compares.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank surfnshopntravel
Reviewed June 15, 2019

We had one of the worst experiences in this hotel. Took forever to get our room and we were so tired. There were 7 of us and all of us got sick from the food in this hotel. I got sick from the restaurant's palabok, my brother-in-law from the fresh salad, my other brother-in-law from one of the breakfast items, he's not sure, as well as my sister-in-law and nephew. My brother-in-law also heard someone in a near by room throwing up in the middle of the night, and my husband saw someone taken to the hospital by ambulance from food poisoning. I complained to the hotel manager about all of us getting sick from restaurant and all he gave me was one day free wifi in our room. Wifi is not free unless you're in the lobby and even then, it's not very good. After we left Coron, my husband had to go to the hospital in Manila to get IV fluids. He could not shake off the food poisoning from the hotel. Most of us took pre-cautions by getting zithromax antibiotics and we were sharing the pills since some of us did not bring any. The US doctors are prescribing these antibiotics for gastrointestinal issues but it's not strong enough. My husband had to take cipro which did the trick. If you're in Coron, would suggest not eating in restaurants with food layed out. Your food should be cooked fresh. I suggest Sinugba Sa Balay. I actually did not have a chance to eat at this restaurant because I got sick but my brother-in-law and sister-in-law loved it and went there again the next day before we left Coron. Going back to my review of the hotel, the only thing I liked was the warm pool. We also did not like having to take a tricycle to the city; it was a dusty and sometimes dangerous ride. I would stay in a hotel that's walking distance to the town so it can be quiet too.

Room tip: Avoid hotel restaurant, saw cockroach in dining area. Avoid restaurants where food is laid out and sitting there for who knows how long.
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank nyan777
Reviewed June 7, 2019

Firstly I didn't book with TripAdvisor so my experience may vary from yours.
After booking i tried to contact the resort about an airport shuttle. For weeks leading up to our arrival there was no response. When we landed at the airport and to my surprise there was a shuttle waiting for us, so keep that was a pleasant surprise. 20 mins later we arrived at the resort and began the check in process. Walking in we were greeted with welcome drinks. My particular group was a party of 5 ( 1 couple and 3 singles). They arranged the second room with the extra bed no problem and even upgraded the other room. Now the WiFi situation was a very minor setback. Due to my lack of reading the fine print we were taken back to learn it was about $2 USD per 24 hrs for WiFi for each device. We didn't mind because it was a surprisingly good WiFi connection. The 3 pools, bar and TV channels made staying within the resorts grounds easy. Now onto why this is only a 4 star review, we stayed at this location for 3 days. The day we arrived was our staying in day, the 2nd day we did an island hoping excursion, on the 3rd day we planned to head into town but suddenly 4 members of our group came down with a form of food poisoning. It wasn't until coming on here to write this review did I learn we were not the only ones to have food poisoning while staying here. Upon checkout there is a charge for the shuttle back to the airport( about $4 USD per person). Avoid the food and you should be fine

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

The hotel looked really fantastic especially with the four swimming pools! It had class! The view from our room was amazing! The hotel had a bar with a really nice ambience. The band was great too! The staff in the hotel were very friendly and service was great! Unfortunately, they don't have free wifi in the rooms. You have an option to pay P100/day for the wifi password. There's free wifi by the lobby area. If you want to go on some tours, you can ask the receptionist for suggestions and contact details of tour agencies. If you want to rent a bike to go around, you can just walk outside the hotel and on your left is a bike rental shop. The MOST IMPORTANT thing you need to do when you arrive the hotel is to buy lots of mineral water bottles and store them in the fridge. Hotel only gives 2 free mineral water bottles/day and you can't buy it 24/7 unless you go outside the hotel. Use it for brushing your teeth 'coz the bathroom water is not potable. We got a bad stomach flu on our 2nd day there, but we don't know if it came from the water or something we ate. We heard a lot of people get stomach flu in Coron. So be careful with what you intake. It's no joke! It felt like food poisoning! It was terrible! However, our all over experience in Coron Westown Resort was great! I recommend this Hotel to tourists.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple