Lowest prices for your stay
$59
$93
Agoda.com
$52
Free cancellation until 07/09/22
Hotels.com$93
Priceline$61
Travelocity$93
All reviews presidential suite the hotel staff breakfast was included rooms are spacious swimming pool is standard room visiting coron wifi town tours serge island philippines tricycle diving boat fixtures
Selected filters
Reviewed December 4, 2019

This place has it all but if I had to choose one reason why you should stay here it is because of location . I looked at many places before I booked this place ,after I arrived I looked at some of the other nicer hotels I was looking at . Most were too far out of town , trust me this is not a place you want to take a long walk . Walking in the town proper is great but many of the very nice hotels are too far from the shops and restaurants. Some of the other nice hotels are on the busy streets , the noisy is nice when you are part of the hustle and bustle . When I go to bed I want peace and quiet , this hotel is three short blocks from the action , four blocks from the docks your dive shop will use , three blocks from banks , post office , fire station . It is on a dead end street and all rooms are in a courtyard. There is security every night and all room doors enter into the courtyard with windows or balconies to the city or bay . If you can stay on second or third floor . Keep in mind this is a poor community and many homes outside are , shall we say well below western standards so do not come to this island if you do not want to see this or wake up to roosters crowing .
The rooms are big and roomy , the staff is so attentive . When you ask the front desk for anything , extra hangers , more toilet paper etc it is at your room in less then two minutes. Don’t forget to go to third floor patio and overlook the bay . The free breakfast buffet has a good assortment of food plus you can order eggs , pancakes or French toast . Each room has a drying rack so hang your swim suits or dive gear . AC works great , WiFi is good , not super fast but good for web surfing and emails . Downloading pics was the only time I found slow internet .

Date of stay: December 2019
4  Thank Anthony D
Reviewed November 29, 2019 via mobile

This was one of my favourite hotels during my trip to the Philippines!
The staff at the Corto Del Mar are all so amazing, friendly, professional and so welcoming.

The hotel is beautiful, clean, modern and comfortable. Pretty pool area and the pool was big.

Our room was perfect, the bed was so comfortable, air con worked amazingly. The shower was so clean and fresh. Even the soap bars in the bathroom smelled amazing. Staff responded quickly when we asked for more pillows and a new kettle (ours malfunctioned). Well equipped room with kettle and big fridge.

The breakfast was fab - fresh egg station, fresh coffee.. and lots more. I loved that they made me a fruit box to take out for breakfast on days we were out and about too early to eat breakfast. Dinner was well priced and very yummy.

Only two points to improve would be;
1 - Heavier curtains in our room to block out the light bulb which was just outside our window (room 104) 2- they should landscape the bottom end of the pool more for guests to relax. Coron isn’t the kind of place you go to chill all day at the pool but we did find ourselves with a few hours to spare on some occasions, and the sun was shining down the bottom end of the pool but it is slightly more scruffy down there.

The hotel is in a really good location, close to town and the boat trip departure area. Coron town is fairly small, this place felt central but was also in a quieter road which was really nice. Couple of small shops and a tour agency along our road which was handy. We booked a tour via the hotel which was an amazing day. All the Filipinos we met in Coron were so lovely, friendly and welcoming. We felt welcome as visitors in their town. The atmosphere was that town life continues and tourism has not overtaken here, I hope this continues.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Michelle3004
Reviewed November 8, 2019

This hotel was a nice location with beautiful decor and accomidating staff. They hotel itself is amazing, with the decoration of centuries old wooden tools, china from recovered shipwrecks, and the feel of the island. Without a doubt I would come back!

The staff was attentive and caring. They tried and succeeded on accomadating all our requests. Without a single doub0t, I would recomend and return to this place.

Now what everyone really looks for is the negative points. Well, for here it is really just a few minor things. Free wifi does not reach far past the lobby and adding a 3rd adult guest is extremely pricey. We traveled as 3 adults and the extra bed cost almost as much as the room reservation.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank stickball35
Reviewed November 8, 2019

The resort is in an accessible part of town and gives you a feel of the local life. It's not too enclosed to isolate you from your surroundings. Our unit overlooked the nearby neighborhood and the balcony opens up to see the homes closeby. There are plenty of roosters around and they will make sure you are up when they are (so wear earplugs). You can walk to the central part of town easily and sample the local cuisines so don't restrict yourself to what the resort offers as far as food. There's a large pool to take a dip in. The building has 2 wings that are connected but interestingly, the floors aren't. Our group was split and assigned rooms on 2 ends of the building. Nevertheless, it didn't take away from our trip. The staff were friendly and they helped us out with arranging our island hopping tours. So long as you don't expect anything fancy, Corto del Mar will fit the bill for your holiday in Coron.

Room tip: There's no way to control the roosters in the area, so bring earplugs.
Date of stay: January 2019
2  Thank alvinace
Reviewed November 3, 2019

The hotel is one of the more expensive ones in Coron.
My room was huge! and the bathroom was very nice and super large. You could fit an army unit in the shower it was so big!
There is not too much flare of amenity (the common 3 bottles: shampoo, conditioner and Moisturizing cream) the shampoo is in the shower.
The location is good, 5 minutes walk from the city center.
My main complains is the poor breakfast choices: for example, the fruit salad is cut apples and oranges deep in "water" ok I get it, the apples will get black if you don't keep it in the liquid, but couldn't you serve pineapples, watermelon or something else?
Most of it is Filipino food and I really didn't even try it (too much pork just turn me off) Yes, you can order an omelet and pancakes and they are OK. You have to ask for orange juice. They really need to look at other places buffet and make it more attractive.
I wish somebody will tell me about the jacuzzi and the sun deck in the hotel, I found out about it reading reviews after my stay.
Free airport pick-up is nice.
The people at the reception are always smiling and friendly.
I would love to give them 5 stars but the breakfast was disappointing.

Date of stay: October 2019