Corto del Mar Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
  • Free Internet
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewscorto diversshanty townwood carvingsisland hoppingpresidential suitethe hotel staffvery nice hotelnice poolno wifi in the roomsbreakfast was includedbest hotel in townpool sidemiddle of townroom was spacioustour companyhotel restaurantlobby area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 11, 2017

We had the luxury of staying at this amazing hotel for 5 days!. Our air conditioner in one of our rooms was not working so the manager upgraded us to stay in the presidential room which was holy cow loverly!!! Thanks Jun for treating us so well. The staff was so nice and was always wanting to please us.

The rooms were comfortable, the proximity to the city center was perfect for walking. Definitely will return soon.

Room Tip: Request the family room or the presidential suite well worth it
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed April 11, 2017 via mobile

The place has a verygood ambience specially at night. Really relaxing after a tiring day tour. Rooms are very cool and clean. A.C. is running perfectly. The staff are very nice. The pool is just right. But the food is below average. Fried chicken was very dry with no gravy. Fries are soggy and fried rice taste bland.seafood pizza smelled funny and taste different.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2017

If you consider to choose this hotel , you have to read my review before you make final decision !!

I stay in Coron 6 nights , first three days at Two season bayside hotel , it's nice (You can see my another review for two season) . and last three days I choose Corto Del Mar because it's Top 3 hotel at Coron according to TripAdvisor reviews. And..... I was wrong!!! The worst service and hotel management I never seen !! In normal case , maybe this hotel is acceptable , but if they have big group guest , and those guest is rude with no courtesy / politeness , that will be a big problem !!! Here is the whole story ~

Apr.7 , this hotel have a big group guest visit named "M Security Tech Company" (hereinafter called "M-company") , They have a party at dinner time , and use speaker singing very loudly , it was fine , but they keep singing to 2 a.m. , Yes , "2 am" , I called to front desk about three times to complaint this , they always feedback they already informed M-company , but not work , that's all !! Karaoke is provided by hotel , and they can do NOTHING to stop this rude behavior , "Inform them" , That's all what this hotel solve this issue !! So I was finally fed up with this , I told front desk , If I still hear they singing with your Karaoke device , I will go to front desk and ask return my money , and change to the other hotel . so they stop singing , BUT!!!! lot of drunk people move to pool side which should already be closed at 11 pm , and they kept talking loudly , laughing , yelling .....
This time I directly open my door , and stare those rude guests , front desk saw my fury , use local language to ask them silence , and they didn't keep quiet for long , about 5 min later , they start talking , laughing , yelling AGAIN and AGAIN ..... can't remember when they stop , probably 4 am .
BTW , I have to get up early at 7 am , I have to go to airport on 8:30 am .

Apr.8 morning , I only slept about three hours , I go to front desk and try to escalate this to manager , Here is the brief of she talked to me ~
1. They did inform those guests to be quiet , but not work , so you can talk to M company by yourself (Yes , they ask "ME" , their guest to talk to M-company be quiet by myself !!!)
2. Most of guests are M-Company (So ? Is this means other guests have to tolerate this ?)
3. You are the only guest to complaint about this . (Other guest didn't escalate because M-company is a huge group stay at this hotel , they don't want to get into trouble , this NOT means other guest don't feel uncomfortable! )

After this useless conversation , I gave up , If you are looking for Coron hotel , I strongly recommend you to keep away from this ! Try two season bayside or others , if you don't want to screw up your vacation .

------------------------------------------
Summary of Pros/Cons
Pros:
1. Free airport pick up / drop off .
2. Close to pier and main street , can reach there by walk.
3. They have dive shop , can join dive tour easily

Cons:
1. Front desk and manage level service is poor , don't know how to manage hotel .
2. If there is any big group stay at hotel , other guest rights will be sacrificed
3. No beautiful scenery outside of window , face to pool , or face to local people house .
4. No Wifi in your room

AGAIN , strongly recommend you to choose other hotel if you still have other options .
I fully responsible to what I say here!

Room Tip: If you don't need balcony , choose Standard room , it have larger indoor space if compare with superior .
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Stanley Y
Reviewed April 4, 2017

My family and I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights and it was more than enough of what we need for a vacation away from Manila. The front desk staff was quick to re-book our reserved room with no fuss, as we had to move our date of visit a day later than expected.
The hotel offers free shuttle service to and from the airport which is a great help. You will receive a complimentary drink upon arrival and a smile from the receptionist (Joanna) at the front desk. For package tours, the best advice is to book them in advance with the hotel receptionist because some spots are limited. Payment for the tour packages can be charged to your room. You can borrow several beach towels to take with you during tours. Wifi is limited only at the Front desk but some weak signal reached our room since we reserved the Sea view junior suite directly above the reception.
The room was spacious and had an awesome view, the few houses before the water which really didn’t bother us at all. This town started as a fishing village, so it is well understood that the settlers were here first and built their houses long before the hotel started operation.
The complimentary breakfast was good, I recommend Danggit with fried rice. Pools were kept well and clean along with the rest of the place.
I left my DSLR camera in the van on the way to the airport and didn't notice it was missing till we landed in Manila. The Front desk staff was quick to assist and helped us recover the unit. They went above and beyond what was required of them just to send my camera back to Manila by courier. I am very grateful to Ms. Joanna and the rest of the Hotel staff for their help.

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed April 3, 2017

We stayed here for 4 nights in January 2017. It's a great hotel with a beautiful pool and close enough to the docks but just off the beaten path so you have a bit of quiet. Great food at the restaurant but wouldn't recommend the bar. Drinks are way overpriced considering what you pay at other places in town. Staff are dicey, some were wonderful and some are clearly not suited for the service industry, particularly the restaurant servers. The bartenders were consistently fantastic but the servers were brusk, resentful and full of eye rolls and annoyed sighs with even 1 question about a menu item or a request for a water/coffee refill (which is free with breakfast). Not a deal breaker but I expected a bit better service given the hotel's price point.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple