Corto del Mar Hotel
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
All reviewscorto diversshanty townwood carvingsisland hoppingpresidential suitethe hotel staffvery nice hotelnice poolno wifi in the roomsbreakfast was includedbest hotel in townpool sidemiddle of townroom was spacioustour companyhotel restaurantlobby area
Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Stayed corto 3 nights. Atmosphere nice, fine decoration all Over the hotel (lobby, Rooms, dining area...) Staff nice, helpfull and professional. Always hot water and waterpreasure pleasant. Everything seems to be in order in Corto del Mar. High standard and roomprizes quite high... Still worth for the money.

+ breakfast included
+Airport transport included

-poor Wi-Fi

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

All is good at this hotel, and that is exactly the price you pay for it. Which is more than average in coron town. Towels for boat tours are provided for free, nice food in the restaurant, amazing staff. Only no wifi for the past 4 days but no problem for me personally.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2017

I found this hotel to be a very good one. Upon arrival from the airport, the lobby staff were good and efficient. Our room was clean and bright. The view wasn't the best for there were so much poverty to be seen around the hotel. The complimentary breakfast and the chefs in this hotel are excellent. Their varieties of pizzas they cook in this hotel are excellent. Arris one of the hotel managers is friendly and very helpful. The staffs in this hotel makes their hotel a four and a half star hotel. The transportation which is by tricycle is very cheap especially going around the town of Curon. The amenities are not all there but your stay will be a delightful one. YES, I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Curon. It is a four and a half star hotel in my opinion. Thumbs up!

Room Tip: It doesn't really matter for theres poverty visible around the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2017

We stayed there for one night, so this review might not be reflective of longer periods.
But still ...
Pros: The hotel looks great just like a Spanish fortress. They have a great pool. The staff was very friendly and willing to advise and help in everything. The Pizza is A MUST TRY.
Cons: Because we stayed there only one night, they initially gave us a room with very stinky bathrooms. So we called them and after 1/2 hour they gave us another room. On the new room the shower hotness and coldness of the water was like a wave, nothing constant, it was an unpleasant experience for me and my wife.
I think the location is central, but if I was a female alone at night I would not go out by myself, because it is located inside their neighbourhood.
Last tip, everything you pay for at this hotel is charged with an additional 10% service.

Room Tip: Keep track of all payments
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2017

I stayed at Corto Del Mar for 4 days, 3 nights back in December, and had an amazingly relaxing time at the estate! I describe it as an estate because it looks like a huge Spanish villa has been transported from Spain to Coron in mint condition.

Positives:
• Comfy beds: We booked the 2 bedroom room on the top floor and had the balcony at the end all to ourselves. We had a view of the islands and mountains in the distance, as well as the shantytown below. The beds were comfortable, shower had hot water always!
• Food: we had breakfast included, and took full advantage of it! The options were a continental, filipino, or american breakfast, and we loved the American breakfast. Some toast + mango or dragonfruit or their seasonal jam, fresh fruit, choice of bacon or ham or... I forgot the third, but I had the bacon! The dinners were also great, we spent 2 of our dinners at the hotel
• Staff: Anne and Bernardo helped us the most during our trip, Anne with travel questions and room arrangements, and Bernardo to make our stay more comfortable at the hotel. One night, we kept ordering room service because one of our travel mates was feeling ill, and we didn't realize that every time we ordered food, Bernardo had to run up 3 flights of stairs with the order!

Negatives:
• Secret room service charge: an additional 10-15% (which we didn't know beforehand).
• Spotty wifi: incredibly spotty, so if you need to check your email, either go to the middle of the hallfway where the router can be seen at the top of the wall, or downstairs next to the check in area.
• Shantytown: the hotel is right next to a shantytown, and although I didn't feel unsafe during the day when I walked out solo (I'm a young woman) and we were fine at night as a group, I wouldn't recommend it at night, especially if you're directionally challenged

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the top floor for a great view of the ocean!
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled with friends